Sponsored

Mustang GT PP1 2020 worse to using octan 100 ?

OliverUk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt 2020 pp1
hello

Mustang GT PP1 2020 worse to using octan 100 ?
Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Iā€™m pretty sure the anything above 93 is a waste. Double check the owners manual but Iā€™m fairly certain the programming is optimized for 93.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Iā€™m pretty sure the anything above 93 is a waste. Double check the owners manual but Iā€™m fairly certain the programming is optimized for 93.
The PCM can take advantage of higher octane, but not too much or not as much as a custom tune. So to the OP, no it won't be worse. It might make a bit more power and have more safety for hotter temps if you take it to the track.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
IF your "93" octane gas is anything like what I have experienced, you could have some knock even with factory mapping. I would assume that running "100" would help guarantee that you will at least make what the engine is rated for. But again, that assumes "poor" quality 93. Only way to really know is datalogging and see if your seeing any knock. If your not, then it wouldn't be of any benefit I wouldn't think. Certainly as EFI stated, pending conditions it could provide some cushion to guarantee your getting what the factory programmed it for.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I run North American 93 octane and get better fuel mileage and power vs. lower octane.
As octane goes up the amount of fuel required goes up. I think e85 requires 30% MORE fueling, and thats 100 octane?

I get best mileage from ethanol free 93. I ran 93 shell for the summer as an experiment, 93 e/0 is superior IMO Assuming that its not chocolate milker bs fuel, to begin with

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
As octane goes up the amount of fuel required goes up. I think e85 requires 30% MORE fueling, and thats 100 octane?

I get best mileage from ethanol free 93. I ran 93 shell for the summer as an experiment, 93 e/0 is superior IMO Assuming that its not chocolate milker bs fuel, to begin with
It's not the octane causing that its the ethanol content but yes as the ethanol content goes up mileage will go down.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP

Thatā€™s getting in the weeds of real gasoline, reformulated gas, gasohol, flexā€¦.. etc. etc.

Midwest pump available 93 nets my S550 5.0 more MPG. (BTUā€™s)
I have no idea what kind of at the pump fuel recipe is available in Ukraine

Last edited:

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
It's not the octane causing that its the ethanol content but yes as the ethanol content goes up mileage will go down.
I know
Thatā€™s getting in the weeds of real gasoline, reformulated gas, gasohol, flexā€¦.. etc. etc.

Midwest pump available 93 nets my S550 5.0 more MPG.
I have no idea what kind of brew recipe is available in Ukraine
Fair enough..... lol
Sponsored