Mustang GT Insurance Companies

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red 5.0 Mustang GT 6MT
Wondering what insurance companies people use for their GT's? I'm in Brisbane and use RACQ but always keen to shop around for comparisons.

Most of the common insurance companies won't touch the GT. I tried Shannons but they were horrendously expensive.

I'm 50 years old, clean driving record. 2019 GT stock.

Interested if there's any other insurance companies I should check out that I may have overlooked?

Cheers
Sponsored

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Congratulations on the new car Don, it would depend what you call expensive , i am with Shannons and find them reasonable for my needs. If you type Insurance into the search function on this forum i am sure you will get various answers that will give you some tips

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
I'll be looking at Bingle when mine arrives. With AAMI atm with my current car. Both are under the Suncorp banner but Bingle is very cheap compared to most other quotes. Unsure if the product matches the price but on paper it seems quite good.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I'm with NRMA and have been for the last 3 years, through 2 different Mustangs. Around $1,500 per year but I do have a lot of policies with them and many discounts.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
just renewed my MY21.5 with $77K cover with APIA (a Suncorp Company) for under $1,200 with a lot of extras (Car Hire etc), and although the premium had increased (as the with the rest of the industry), it was around 12% cheaper than Budget Direct (after their First year introductory '15% Discount" was factored back).

Also be careful as to the amount or type of cover - often better off with a set "Agreed Value" rather than "Market Value".

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Wondering what insurance companies people use for their GT's? I'm in Brisbane and use RACQ but always keen to shop around for comparisons.

Most of the common insurance companies won't touch the GT. I tried Shannons but they were horrendously expensive.

I'm 50 years old, clean driving record. 2019 GT stock.

Interested if there's any other insurance companies I should check out that I may have overlooked?

Cheers
If you are over 50, APIA are definitely worth a try - online Quote.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've used Allianz for several years for high performance cars. I found RACQ to be mind blowingly expensive, and they wouldnt insure my XKR anyway.

2019 Mustang parked off street but not garaged - $1,300.

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I've used Allianz for several years for high performance cars. I found RACQ to be mind blowingly expensive, and they wouldnt insure my XKR anyway.

2019 Mustang parked off street but not garaged - $1,300.
Just ran through the online quote and it came up to $1,675 (garaged, 5,000km per year). Also ran the APIA which came up to $1,044 and my current RACQ is $1,033.

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
If you are over 50, APIA are definitely worth a try - online Quote.
Just renewed the other day with RACQ. The premium is very similar to APIA $1,044 however RACQ excess is $650 + $400 "high performance additional excess" whereas APIA is a flat $600...

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Just renewed the other day with RACQ. The premium is very similar to APIA $1,044 however RACQ excess is $650 + $400 "high performance additional excess" whereas APIA is a flat $600...
If you have another look, APIA does have a variable Excess similar to RACQ.

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
If you're going down the modification path Shannons or Famous appear to be the only people will to talk.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Allianz gave me a discount when I called them to make sure the CAI was OK, lol.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@The_Don_72 hey Don if the quality of repair is very important to you - expectations differ - it'd be worth checking with whoever you want to go with and see if you get choice of repairer, and if choice of repairer means whoever you want or someone on their list of approved repairers. If there's no choice of repairer you'll probably be sent to the walking dead at Smartrepair (Suncorp used to own them and still likes them because they're quick and most importantly cheap) where you may be provided with the cheapest production line meatball repair possible. I've witnessed some of their work and it was atrocious.

Shannons is part of Suncorp but after you reject Smartrepair they'll let you pick from their list of repairers or negotiate a co-contribution if you want to go elsewhere.

Kootnak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, Ranger Raptor
APIA were $700 cheaper than Shannons for my MACH 1 with less excess also. NRMA was $1000 more than Shannons. Definately pays to shop around.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
there are 3 things you don't buy just on price, parachutes, toilet paper, and insurance.
You have to check the weasel words as well to make sure the conditions are equivalent, just being the cheapest isn't necessarily the best
Sponsored