wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Hi again...

I have the Enhanced Security System on my 2019 301A and was looking that there is no light indicating that the alarm has engaged and neither a sound from the horn but the lights flash.

I see this annoying because if you are a little far from the car you don't have a notification of the ones mentioned before.

is this normal or has anybody made something to get this or simple you are Ok with this?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Hi again...

I have the Enhanced Security System on my 2019 301A and was looking that there is no light indicating that the alarm has engaged and neither a sound from the horn but the lights flash.

I see this annoying because if you are a little far from the car you don't have a notification of the ones mentioned before.

is this normal or has anybody made something to get this or simple you are Ok with this?

Thanks in advance...
When you lock it with the remote, only the lights flash. If you press the lock button again right away the horn will sound.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I belie

When you lock it with the remote, only the lights flash. If you press the lock button again right away the horn will sound.
Thanks @BrettT. That is correct and i appreciate it. No light notification on the dash that the alarm is engaged right?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Thanks @BrettT. That is correct and i appreciate it. No light notification on the dash that the alarm is engaged right?

I don't believe there is a light on the dash. My 2013 Escape has one in the centre console, but I don't think the Mustang does.

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Yeahhhhh my Explorer 2011 have it. Will have to see what I am going to do because I also want the sensor if somebody hits or shakes the car and I doubt there will be at the moment an aftermarket alarm..

Sponsored

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
No light indicating the alarm is on with my 2019. I have enhanced security also.

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for confirmation. Definitive I will have to do something because this is a feature that will avoid at least a little to the Burglars think it twice to do something to the car.

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Hi again...

Can someone with the Enhanced Security Alarm tell me or confirm what really does the Alarm when you set it to Perimeter settings?

it is my understanding that when you set perimeter and someone get close or shake the car it will activate the alarm. Is this correct?

Today i put it in Perimeter settings and it doesn't activate neither close the doors automatically. I could open the door and nothing happened. Obviously, i didn't have the key with me just in case.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I thought with enhanced security by default it is on full alarm, and when you turn off car, it pops up a screen asking if you want full or partial? and activated once you lock door with remote. full will add the inclination alarms and the interior motion.... partial will be the passive with doors/hood/trunk. I think you have to activate anyway by locking car anyway and alarm goes off by getting doors opened when they are already locked, maybe just touching handle will not do anything. but if you set it to full and you had them break into window, the interior sensor will be on and detect the person entering inside the car and go off. But if perimeter set only, breaking window might not set alarm off, since door is still closed, unless they unlock it from inside and try to open it after breaking window. If they just wanna break window to reach in for something... then set to perimeter only might not work, but full will go off. Perimeter might not go off if towed, but full with the motion sensor is supposed to detect towing.

The S550 Mustang manual says to activate, must lock with remote and with no keys inside car. to set perimeter/full is done on screen upon shut down. default is always full alarm. some have said that the do not ask again or set just perimeter to default seems to not work all the time and resets back to full as default. Not sure if the method of locking the car with manual key instead of fob allows just for perimeter still works like some S197. Not that you want to spend time to take out manual key blade and open access port....

Last edited:
OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ok. Yes, it asked me and i checked perimeter. Let me check that as i didn't use the remote thinking it will activate automatically. This factory alarm is something serious. jajajajajajaja.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure what alarm I have but I have a setting under advanced settings that I can select that says Alarm ask on exit but it never ask me anything....?

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
There are small red LED's on the door tops in the UK that illuminate when the alarm is on
Can you post a pic of this? I see the red led on the locks but they are only illuminated when the doors are lock with the engine is running.
Sponsored