Sponsored

Mustang for Supercars next year

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Was at the 500 today Yeah go Ford and go Mustang. I've seen heaps of photos and the car looked interesting to say the least. But in real life it ain't that bad. And to be honest it can look bad but if its kicking holders ass i couldn't care if it looked like a piece of shit. One things for sure ....this has renewed Ford's commitment to v8 stupidcars
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Very impressed with how competitive the Mustangs are straight away. I know in many respects it's last year's Falcon in different clothes, but they've clearly done a very good job with aero and most of the other important detail aspects they had to consider.

Felt very sorry for Cam Waters, poor bugger but nice to see some of the others up there like Fabs, Will Davo and Chaz. Interesting to watch Chaz today, reckon they might have looked at his car last night. He's no slouch and twice he though he could go under Van Gis and ended up going straight, makes me think it might be a limitation of the car rather than talent.

Felt even more sorry for poor bloody McCauley Jones, what an epic prang. Obviously the safety engineering in those cars is very good!

Significantly cooler today, bring on the games...!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
LOL yep RD will be squawking parity at the earliest opportunity. Priceless when Todd Hazelwood's was the fastest 888 car (and what a great effort by him) the steam from RD's ears in the 888 garage would've been visible from space. Great to have 2 teams at the top of their game keeping each other sharp.

Re my previous post re Chaz, after seeing the Shootout maybe it is just over exuberance and not the car!

Feel sorry for Frosty, hopefully they get on top if this stuff and he can get a decent run.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I reckon you're right all round there Chris and just saw Larko saying 'don't mention parity to RD'. Disappointing he's at it so early given there are other ZBs up there including one of his own.

Fabs back to 10th for 'Top 10 infringement' bugger!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ahh more from RD after the race on the parity issue, someone needs to tell him to shut it for a while. As Skafie said, RD appears to have a very short memory.

Tickford debrief will be interesting, particularly if your name is Chaz. Our young hero needs to get his head together.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ahh more from RD after the race on the parity issue, someone needs to tell him to shut it for a while. As Skafie said, RD appears to have a very short memory.

Tickford debrief will be interesting, particularly if your name is Chaz. Our young hero needs to get his head together.
It was an unusually bad weekend for Chaz. He had a bit of bad luck too (and Coulthard!). Rick Kelly was a bit silly in the pit lane incident, and it cost himself more than it did Chaz, which was some feat! 15th was a big recovery for our great young hope.

I had forgotten about Cam Waters in my earlier post; well driven! Hopefully he is not as hot and cold as previous years.

Anyway, what a fabulous weekend for Ford and Mustang!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Yes the whole thing was strange including Kelly thinking he was driving a D9. Cam did a great job. Epic opening lap between SVG and Scott and great work by Scott to hold him out, SVG is very hard to beat when he's feral.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
RD is such a whining little cry baby. Oh boo hoo, we lost time to have a cry about parity now.

Sponsored

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, congrats to Australia for bringing along something we can call a Mustang. First touring car victory by a Mustang since Allan Moffat in 1972? Whoa! I have a die-cast of his car.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, congrats to Australia for bringing along something we can call a Mustang. First touring car victory by a Mustang since Allan Moffat in 1972? Whoa! I have a die-cast of his car.
Yes, no championship Mustang victories since Moffat in 1972, but Dick Johnson did win a non-championship race at the Adelaide Australian Grand Prix meeting in 1986, sadly its only win in two years of racing.

I think that model Mustang ran in some championship races or Bathurst until about 1990.

Dick-Johnson-Ford-Mustang-Supercar-Adelaide-news.jpg

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I love that Scotty left the number 17 on the side of his car, rather than wear the 1 after his championship!

It was a damn good weekend for the Mustang, though there were a lot of stupid mistakes. I didn't get to watch Race 2, but Race 1 was very entertaining. I did see a Reddit post about the pit lane incident with Kelly and Mostert, but I don't really know the context. I've been a bit out of watching Supercars the last few years, simply because they stopped giving us a decent production of it when SPEED Network went away. Watching it on CBS Sportnet, or whatever was always awful, because they'd show a half lap, then concentrate for three minutes on pit lane, then go to commercial, skipping from lap 16 to 37 with nothing in between. I ponied up for SuperView, and my six year old son actually watched the ENTIRE two hour race with me! He's pretty stoked to see "Daddy's car" in both Supercars and NASCAR!

JR

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I love that Scotty left the number 17 on the side of his car, rather than wear the 1 after his championship!

It was a damn good weekend for the Mustang, though there were a lot of stupid mistakes. I didn't get to watch Race 2, but Race 1 was very entertaining. I did see a Reddit post about the pit lane incident with Kelly and Mostert, but I don't really know the context. I've been a bit out of watching Supercars the last few years, simply because they stopped giving us a decent production of it when SPEED Network went away. Watching it on CBS Sportnet, or whatever was always awful, because they'd show a half lap, then concentrate for three minutes on pit lane, then go to commercial, skipping from lap 16 to 37 with nothing in between. I ponied up for SuperView, and my six year old son actually watched the ENTIRE two hour race with me! He's pretty stoked to see "Daddy's car" in both Supercars and NASCAR!

JR
I am with you on the number 17. I am sure he must have been very tempted to run number 1, but it is iconic within the team, and the 17th is Mustang‘s ‘birthday’ (April).

It is nice to see overseas people taking an interest. Do you have to watch SuperView live, no replays available?

Not sure if you can access the Supercars website videos, but the Rick Kelly madness is shown here: https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/mclaughlin-reacts-to-pitlane-chaos/?cat=default

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I am with you on the number 17. I am sure he must have been very tempted to run number 1, but it is iconic within the team, and the 17th is Mustang‘s ‘birthday’ (April).

It is nice to see overseas people taking an interest. Do you have to watch SuperView live, no replays available?

Not sure if you can access the Supercars website videos, but the Rick Kelly madness is shown here: https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/mclaughlin-reacts-to-pitlane-chaos/?cat=default
I grew up watching NASCAR races on TV, and spent almost every Saturday night between the ages of 8 and 15 at a local circle track that produced some very famous NASCAR racers. I got really turned off to NASCAR back when all they did was pack race for three hours and crash into each other at the end, and had read about V8 Supercars on Autoblog or Jalopnik. I happened to find a race on SPEED Network, and was hooked immediately. Unfortunately, SPEED Network went away, and the Supercars rights bounced around from one network to another. It's currently unwatchable, even if you can find the race coverage (three - four weeks after the race). Like I said, they don't show any actual racing, the editing and pacing is terrible.

You can watch SuperView any time you want to. The only problem is that you can't watch it directly on your television, you need to watch it via the website. It's not integrated into the Supercars app, so you can't use the native Android Chromecast functionality to display on your television, you need to view it in the browser and cast it from the phone. It works, but it's kludgey.

That pit lane action was crazy. Why the hell did Chaz release? It looked like he was blocked in, but someone had to have told him he was clear!

JR
Sponsored