Mustang ecoboost or gt

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
For what reasons would you say 10speed auto I better than a 6 speed manual?
I was talking about the 6spd auto in the 15 to 17 cars! However you can’t shift as fast as the 10spd
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mechanic2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
I bought a Ford exec driven '18 EcoBoost coupe used 3.5 years ago as my daily driver. Best car I have ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Enough power to get me in trouble, great driving car, and decent fuel economy for long trips.
If you don’t mind… how much did you paid for it back then? What gas mileage do you generally get?

OP
OP

Mechanic2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
And don't expect to put aftermarket exhaust on an ecoboost and have it sound like a V8. I know someone who tried and it sounded terrible/worse
Yeah…. If I get the ecoboost I will keep it stock for sure!!

Sponsored

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
If you don’t mind… how much did you paid for it back then? What gas mileage do you generally get?
[/QUOTE

I paid about $24k for my car in Dec 2018 with 10,700 miles. I get mid 20s for average mileage if I am not rodding it, will get 35 mpg when highway only driving at 5 mph over the speed limit.

OP
OP

Mechanic2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
Right on! Get the GT! The v8 rumble will make u smile more when u hit the loud pedal...u wont regret it :)
I really want the GT…… The guy who was selling the ruby red GT bailed out at the last moment :(. Idk most of the GT‘s with low miles are between $37k-$42K (2015-2017) and 2018+ are well above $42k.. The Kona blue GT that I mentioned before was used as a rental vehicle for the first 16k miles….bit worried to get a rental car!

Please guide me as to which website’s should I use to find good GT’s for sale

OP
OP

Mechanic2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smith
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
I paid about $24k for my car in Dec 2018 with 10,700 miles. I get mid 20s for average mileage if I am not rodding it, will get 35 mpg when highway only driving at 5 mph over the speed limit.
[/QUOTE]

Wow what an amazing deal!

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I bought my '08 V6 vert the same way. I tell my dealer what specs I am looking for (engine/trans/color/options) and he finds me options on the car auctions for me to choose from. With used car prices as crazy as they are now, I don't know if there are deals where you can save $10-12k off sticker for a year old car to be had now.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I really want the GT…… The guy who was selling the ruby red GT bailed out at the last moment :(. Idk most of the GT‘s with low miles are between $37k-$42K (2015-2017) and 2018+ are well above $42k.. The Kona blue GT that I mentioned before was used as a rental vehicle for the first 16k miles….bit worried to get a rental car!

Please guide me as to which website’s should I use to find good GT’s for sale
Its not a good time to be buying used cars.

My brand new custom ordered 2022 GT was around 43k.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Do you have the 10speed auto or 6 speed auto? if we don’t consider the current market situation how much do you think the 3rd mustang(2017 ruby red with ~16k miles) in the list should be?
it's an '18 coupe A10 (royal crimson - beautiful color BTW)
_nc_ohc=H-MnmO5Pc7IAX_3X_gW&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

in general, all else being equal, the GT should be about ~6k more. in this market it seems options #3 is in the ballpark price wise which is why I think the GT's you list are better deals.

your #2 is an 18, it has a few more ponies under the hood, a slightly better looking from bumper and IMHO a better hood. rest of the car essentially the same but #1 is easily the best deal you list and the one I'd buy if it were my choice. I wouldn't squabble over the miles, all the ones you list are very low mileage. The interior on the grey one is a deal breaker for me, plus grey is boring.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
we have a GT and an EcoBoost in our drive... they are both fine cars. imho, if you're gonna daily it the EB might be the way to go. put a tune on it to help with lag and call it a day. they make surprisingly good power, i was definitely impressed with it. EB's should be significantly cheaper than the GT's tho, imho. all else equal they should be ~8k cheaper.

of the ones you list the GT's are the better deal. those EB are overpriced.
I totally agree with the above. EB is fine and a great car, and I have a 2015 GT gen 2 stage 2 Whipple 6 spd manual.

The only other advise I would say is get a 6spd manual, then it would be a fun drivers car!

Good luck and enjoy...

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are looking at per pandemic deals. Anything on the used car is overpriced.
Sponsored