Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost for commute, need advice

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello everyone,

I am planning to buy 2016 Mustang EB and i want to use it as a everyday car to drive it from home to work and back (highway distance of 65 miles) also to go out in the weekends.
I live in a hot country temperature range between 95 to 113 in the summer which can last up to 4 months.

My questions:

1. How reliable is the EB engine for commutes?
2. How efficient the turbo is going to be in my country? heat souk? loss of power?

I am this close to pull the trigger i just want EB experts/owners feedback
Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
if heat is an issue, I would suggest you get an aftermarket intercooler. EBM can get to 30+ MPG. I say go for it my bro.

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
if heat is an issue, I would suggest you get an aftermarket intercooler. EBM can get to 30+ MPG. I say go for it my bro.
That would void manufacturer warranty :(

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If your not planning on doing any modifications and just driving to and from work ,I think you should be fine as Stated above you will get really good gas mileage with the highway trips.......pull the trigger (or squeeze)

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
If your not planning on doing any modifications and just driving to and from work ,I think you should be fine as Stated above you will get really good gas mileage with the highway trips.......pull the trigger (or squeeze)
Yeah no modifications.
Am not worried about the mileage that much it just the turbo and hot weather combination that giving me second thoughts

Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
As a dd, I think the stock ic is fine. Like if you're driving it like a regular car and not trying to pull people on the highway and expecting to walk away (though I live in Wisconsin). The performance package has shorter gearing and different rubber. I assume this affects gas mileage for the worse but not sure by how much. If I was doing it over again, I might spring for a premium PP so I could feel fancy while I get rad.

Gaunai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
That would void manufacturer warranty :(
Well, according to every service manager I've spoken with, intercooler is fair game. Most if you talk to them will even recommend it for longevity. Checked before I bought, intercooler, oil catch can, colder plugs. So, talk to your local service manager and see what he/she says.

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Well, according to every service manager I've spoken with, intercooler is fair game. Most if you talk to them will even recommend it for longevity. Checked before I bought, intercooler, oil catch can, colder plugs. So, talk to your local service manager and see what he/she says.
Really?! Alright then will talk the service manager and see though i did ask him before about the cat-back and he said it would void the warranty

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
It was quite hot here in Washington State in the US last June (funny if you know the reputation of the "Evergreen State" as a wet, rainy place).

My EB drove perfectly fine in 100 - 112 degree (F) heat. It wasn't as quick as in cooler weather, but it was still enjoyable to drive. No problems as far as driving is concerned.

Mind you, the black interior kind of sucked, but that was the worst effect of the heat by far!

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
It was quite hot here in Washington State in the US last June (funny if you know the reputation of the "Evergreen State" as a wet, rainy place).

My EB drove perfectly fine in 100 - 112 degree (F) heat. It wasn't as quick as in cooler weather, but it was still enjoyable to drive. No problems as far as driving is concerned.

Mind you, the black interior kind of sucked, but that was the worst effect of the heat by far!
Thats kind of reassuring, thanks for taking the time to give your feedback.

Is there anything special i should be wary about regarding Ecoboost engine? as the is going to be my first turbo car

Sponsored

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Not an issue at all. Driving near Palm Springs all the time. I am getting 27.4 combined driving out of her...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thats kind of reassuring, thanks for taking the time to give your feedback.

Is there anything special i should be wary about regarding Ecoboost engine? as the is going to be my first turbo car
Only thing I would say be wary about is that you should get a catch can as it will payoff in the long run.

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

4bangin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost deep impact blue
I also talked to the service manager, he said intercooler sould not be a problem as long as it does not come apart cause metal to go into the engine... And we know that wont happen..

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
One of the main reasons I bought an ecoboost instead of a gt is because of the highway mileage. I drive 100 miles a day round trip when I have classes. The mustang is a terrific road car-it's very quiet inside compared to many other cars, and it soaks up bumps in the highway easily. I've had somewhere around 10 turbocharged vehicles over the last 25 years or so, and NOT ONE has experienced a turbo failure. You'll be fine.
Sponsored