bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not suddenly, always. That's pretty much a given since I have no way of knowing how competent or even how honest someone on the internet is.

Now tell me how you believe people on the internet more than your own experience.
Well since I'm usually just diverting. And have to post photos for a precious few. To prove someone in my family owned an entry level v6 mustang.:facepalm: I'll say this. As someone that holds an NHRA license. (Wanna see a picture of it)? And has run multiple cars on NJ motors sports park, large and small course. I can say with full certainty. Anyone that thinks a stock entry level v6 Mustang. Is outperforming a GT. IS AN IDIOT! And should roll up their copy of C&D. And beat themselves to death with it. For the betterment of Mankind. I will say it again. So you and a very select few. Completely understand. Entry level cars will NEVER out perform their more expensive big brothers. In any performance matrix. I dont care if it's a Camaro. Mustang. Or Hyundai Veloster. The base models job. Is to be an affordable option for those that want the sports car experience. Without the sports car headaches! (High insurance costs. Poor fuel mileage. High purchase cost. Etc.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well since I'm usually just diverting. And have to post photos for a precious few. To prove someone in my family owned an entry level v6 mustang.:facepalm: I'll say this. As someone that holds an NHRA license. (Wanna see a picture of it)? And has run multiple cars on NJ motors sports park, large and small course. I can say with full certainty. Anyone that thinks a stock entry level v6 Mustang. Is outperforming a GT. IS AN IDIOT! And should roll up their copy of C&D. And beat themselves to death with it. For the betterment of Mankind. I will say it again. So you and a very select few. Completely understand. Entry level cars will NEVER out perform their more expensive big brothers. In any performance matrix. I dont care if it's a Camaro. Mustang. Or Hyundai Veloster. The base models job. Is to be an affordable option for those that want the sports car experience. Without the sports car headaches! (High insurance costs. Poor fuel mileage. High purchase cost. Etc.)
:crackup::crackup: :rockon::rockon:

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Insurance rates between models of the same car have always been about the same in my experience. When I was in my early 20s, the difference in a V8 sports car vs the V6 variant of the same car was a rounding error. Maybe there's more of a difference now, but now that I'm in my 40s with no traffic violations or accidents, it's not going to matter much to the insurance company.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Back to the thread topic of the HPP package priced at $4995. I can't see where a IL-4 engine is worth that investment. In my opinion it's not worth pushing the engine to that extreme. How long will it hold together? I'm not sensing a balanced cost benefit analysis. (this coming from an old timer that had headers and side pipes on a '75 Camaro with a 120HP stock 350 V-8 :blush:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Back to the thread topic of the HPP package priced at $4995. I can't see where a IL-4 engine is worth that investment. In my opinion it's not worth pushing the engine to that extreme. How long will it hold together? I'm not sensing a balanced cost benefit analysis. (this coming from an old timer that had headers and side pipes on a '75 Camaro with a 120HP stock 350 V-8 :blush:
What... is not worth pushing the engine to that extreme? Many others who own Mustangs, upgrade their components with better stuff. The $5k price is more than just a Ford Performance engine.

The HPO is an easy tick of the options, for anyone who wants to buy a performance turbo Mustang. And not build one.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The Ecoboost engines are holding together just fine old timer. The new Hi performance I4 Mustang is as quick, on paper, as a 2015-2017 GT and will handle better than most pre 2017 Mustangs. This car is giving some of you GT owners nightmares and for good reason.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The new Hi performance I4 Mustang is as quick, on paper, as a 2015-2017 GT.
There should be an asterisk there leading to fine print saying...

*When Ecoboost is equipped with world's fastest shifting automatic and GT is equipped with a manual being shifted by a chimpanzee

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
What is this thread about??

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
… with a box of scraps.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It is like some of these people never heard of Ford Performance.. and what Dealer installed Tunes will do for a Mustang.

It is like these same people don't know that 2.3 Turbos have been walking V8 for years. That doesn't stop people from buying v8s, or enjoying the v8 sublime tone, etc. But there is no need to chide people who like Turbos... knowing they like turbos because of the performance you can extract out of them.

What does a Tune+ built engine produce... & how is the HPO any less capable..?
Sponsored