Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Picture of her Performance Package or it didn't happen. :wink:

Then go tell C&D they're crazy too. The V6 Performance Package beat the 2010 GT (4.6) in the lighting lap despite a 214 MPH governor (for the DS) limiting its top speed on the straights to well below the GT's.
I don't work for C&D. I guess you can take the magazines word for everything if like. I've never lost a race to a magazine before. Not many stock S197 V6 guys picking fights with stock GTs and winning in real life. What did motor trend tell you? Since your up on magazine articles?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Correct, then why are you arguing with Maggneto? He is the one, who is pointing out exactly what you said (about disrespecting), but towards another. So why are you not defending Maggneto, instead of accusing him? Which is bizzaro behavior …

Specially when Maggneto is spot on... about certain People constantly be-little'ing those who like turbos engines & mock them in every single post. Then hides behind some veil that v8 cost more, so those who drive them are superior people.

My $54k BMW was a turbo... and I ate threw mustangs. Perhaps that is why certain people are angry about turbos... and lighter more nimble cars.
I wasn't argueing with anyone. But some people have been angry since 2015 bickering about EB-GT bullsh!t. Youd think they'd be over it by now. Guess not? My 45k Mustang currently has a belt driven turbo. That eats thru any thing! Maybe people are mad about that also. Does that sound silly when I say it? I said 40 good things about EB in the last 10 posts. in this very thread. But people are still angry. So at this point. If the six or eight 4 banger guys can't get over feeling inferior after five years. I gotta assume. Theyll never get over it. But I'm not going to stop having my opinion because a few dudes lose their shit. If your taking what I say as an insult. After all this time on this forum. It's your problem. Not mine. If anyone is triggering you. Hit the ignore button. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't argueing with anyone. But some people have been angry since 2015 bickering about EB-GT bullsh!t. Youd think they'd be over it by now. Guess not? My 45k Mustang currently has a belt driven turbo. Maybe people are mad about that also. Does that sound silly when I say it? I said 40 good things about EB in the last 10 posts. in this very thread. But people are still angry. So at this point. If the six or eight 4 banger guys can't get over feeling inferior after five years. I gotta assume. Theyll never get over it. But I'm not going to stop having my opinion because a few dudes lose their shit. If your taking what I say as an insult. After all this time on this forum. It's your problem. Not mine. If anyone is triggering you. Hit the ignore button. Easy peasy.
Man you've been nothing but cool on the EB GT thing one of the very few that have. There are some out there who have to rag on 4 cylinder Mustang ether they feel threatened or have to prove there GT is better. I don't give a rats ass I bought a EB 4 cylinder Mustang because that is what I wanted not because I had to prove I'm better than anyone else.

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I actually still have said ZX2. It was an excellent first car and a great gas-saver, not very good at pretty much anything else, thus why I don't try to compare it to performance cars. Hell, I think you're even giving it more than it deserves saying it looked good... it looks like crap! In fact, that's the car that taught me that you can make your inferior car as fast as you want, but it's still going to be an inferior car. That's the car that taught me to stop wasting money on cars when you can start off with a better base that still fits your needs for the same cost. And that's the reason that I advise anyone who's looking for a performance car to just buy a GT or a GT350... saves them a lot of time and money from trying to be a car that they just can't. Only reason I keep that car around is because it's just not worth it... I have a sentimental attachment to that car, and considering that I'd probably have to pay to get rid of it while it costs me nothing to hang onto it, I just keep it to beat the shit out of and experiment with new avenues of modification (building a relatively high-hp engine on the side, made custom interior parts, experimented with different aspects of suspension tuning... that car taught me a lot, and on the regular occurrence that I did break it, I didn't care because it isn't worth anything and has no mechanical significance to me)

Also, when we're talking performance, "midrange in traffic" means nothing in the conversation
For the time it was made the zx2 wasn't a bad looking car but the design hasn't held up well.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you assume this HPO edition with it's bigger turbo if nothing else makes the same max figures but crucially keeps the curve going for another 2000 RPM (the literature seen so far would seem to indicate) then sure it might make 420HP (crank) at 5000rpm. On paper this is equivalent to the current GT. That doesn't make it automatically faster. It matters how it makes it's power and how well it's transmitted to the ground, and the section of the RPM band being employed during the timed run
Exactly right. It’s as clear as day if you compare dynos of the two where the GT’s curve stays relatively flat from 5,500-7,500rpms while the Ecoboost’s curve is very peaky and runs out of steam a little after 5,000rpms.

Ecoboost
upload_2019-6-18_20-5-11.jpeg

5.0L
upload_2019-6-18_19-59-44.jpeg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't work for C&D. I guess you can take the magazines word for everything if like. I've never lost a race to a magazine before. Not many stock S197 V6 guys picking fights with stock GTs and winning in real life. What did motor trend tell you? Since your up on magazine articles?
Nice try at diversion. I don't take their word for anything. I just said if you get tired of arguing against MY first hand experience, you can go argue with C&D. Since you didn't respond to the important part of my post, namely my request for proof your daughter had a V6 Performance Package, I'll assume you were making it up about how you drove one extensively.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Nice try at diversion. I don't take their word for anything. I just said if you get tired of arguing against MY first hand experience, you can go argue with C&D. Since you didn't respond to the important part of my post, namely my request for proof your daughter had a V6 Performance Package, I'll assume you were making it up about how you drove one extensively.
And when I post the photo. Then what? I'll have it for you tomorrow. Even though I think it's a stupid request. I dont keep random photos of my daughters cars on my phone. For aha moments like you just pulled out of your ass!:facepalm: Will your first hand knowledge suddenly trump my first hand knowledge without photos? Or will you be pulling a copy of motor trend out of your but also? Sorry man couldn't help my self.:giggle:

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Got her to text me photos of the car. My baby girl even had the cool mustang club of America edition. Notice the license plate on my wifes red Camaro is the same custom plate as on my current GT. Just so you don't have any more aha moments! So anyway... I'm back to now what? Was it a deflect I was doing? Or is it I thought posting photos of my child's car pointless before? You get in a v6. I'll get in a GT and woop your ass in any type of race you can think of.
FB_IMG_1560914061780.jpg
FB_IMG_1560914167590.jpg
FB_IMG_1560913992798.jpg
FB_IMG_1560913978503.jpg

Last edited:

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
So, im looking forward to this new ecoboost variant. Pretty cool to see what the capabilities are. If the internals are forged, it will handle more boost reliably.
Comparing it to the 5.0 is pointless. I think this car would be perfect for someone wanting cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, but also something they could
have a bit more fun with than a "normal" eco.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, im looking forward to this new ecoboost variant. Pretty cool to see what the capabilities are. If the internals are forged, it will handle more boost reliably.
Comparing it to the 5.0 is pointless. I think this car would be perfect for someone wanting cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, but also something they could
have a bit more fun with than a "normal" eco.
If they are forged then they may handle the Turbonetics upgrade reliably. Still curious at what HP they pop. Wasn’t long ago they built the 03/04 Cobra that you could increase HP heavily with a couple grand very reliably.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
For the time it was made the zx2 wasn't a bad looking car but the design hasn't held up well.
That is true, but I bought it in 2011, so it's been ugly since the day i bought it :LMAO:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Will your first hand knowledge suddenly trump my first hand knowledge
Not suddenly, always. That's pretty much a given since I have no way of knowing how competent or even how honest someone on the internet is.

Now tell me how you believe people on the internet more than your own experience.
Sponsored