Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
It would be fun to see the Ford GT's 3.5L ecoboost in the GT500. But I don't see that engine being durable for 150k+ miles (not that a GT500 owner would put that many miles on their car, but you never know). There might not be much power left on the table with that engine, and all that boost pressure would definitely shorten the over all life of the engine. A NA V8 is just cheaper for Ford to build and warranty.
Sponsored

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I thought the 10 speed 2018+ GT's are quicker than a GT350, unless you do only track racing. On the drag strip and on the street, it's the GT350 owner that would need to fear lining up against a 2018+ 10 speed GT not the other way around.
Correct.

GT/A10 wins on the drag strip. GT 350 wins on a road course.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For any kind of racing it comes down to driver skill, and machine prep. Minuscule paper differences between similar machinery are not a factor.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
So if you bought a Mustang with that huge hunking torqueless no power Neanderthal engine, you wasted your money! You also have a peanut brain. The only reason the GT500 doesn’t have a 2.3 Ecoboost, is because Ford doesn’t want the HPO stepping on its shoe. /endthread
Nobody mentioned the GT500...

Or are you confused about price..?

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I rather doubt that. The people who have the scratch for a car purporting to be a 'GT500' want to see BIG horsepower numbers and from no less than a V8. They might accede to a twin-turbo V6 engine but they'll complain very loudly about it. V8 is what the universe of Pony Car aficionados (have been conditioned to) expect. There is no walking that back now 50 years on.

Between the latest NA V8 and the hottest possible I4T Ford can come up with, even if technically the I4 has faster trap times, better launch, and handles considerably better because it's 200lbs lighter, there is a very large cross section of Mustang owners who would still not be the least bit interested in the I4. Car buyers with discretionary money (basically anyone buying a Pony car and similar) want what they want for their own good reasons. Spec sheet racing is commonly not even a factor.
Nobody mentioned the GT500...

Or are you confused about price..?
upload_2019-6-17_19-26-21.jpeg

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So if you bought a Mustang with that huge hunking torqueless no power Neanderthal engine, you wasted your money! You also have a peanut brain. The only reason the GT500 doesn’t have a 2.3 Ecoboost, is because Ford doesn’t want the HPO stepping on its shoe. /endthread
This post is a good example of why you shouldn't do drugs kids! Just say NO
Look out guys, keep it up and he'll start posting videos of heavily modded BMWs barely pulling on a GT and saying that everyone in the thread is laughing at you :LMAO:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Now someone tells you. You can have any one of the three for free. Anyone who is thinking straight. Will pick the GT350. No one is going to choose the base car with the least performance potential.
Not necessarily true if you take the GT350 out of the equation because it outperforms them all in every way. Not the same for GT vs Eco High Performance.

I had zero interest in an S197 until I heard about the V6 Performance package. I had driven GTs (4.6 and 5.0) and so much weight on the front made them feel sluggish turning. The Performance Package was like a breath of fresh air and I bought one. I could have just as easily wrote the check for a GT and not noticed the difference in price.

I assume the Eco High Performance may be the same thing compared to the S550 GT.

So if someone is offered a free GT or High Performance with the stipulation it can't be sold, traded or parted when you're done with it. I predict many people would choose the Eco High Performance.

I bought a GT this time because I was in a different mood. The S550 GT did not FEEL as front heavy as the S197 did (even the Brembo package) and there wasn't the equivalent of the V6 Performance Package for the 2016 V6 or Eco, so ....

If in the same frame of mind and anticipated uses as in 2011, I would likely choose the High Performance if it turns out to be the spiritual successor of the V6 PP.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
GT/A10 wins on the drag strip. GT 350 wins on a road course.
And 90+% of both (combined) never do either. The point is for 90+% of buyers that does not really matter other than some of those caring about bragging rights. Not putting down one bit people who do care about those things. A perfectly legitimate thing to compete with a street car. But those people don't seem to realize there are a lot more people who don't care about track numbers. Peace.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't wait for this car to come out so all the owners can tell me about how much more balanced it is while they run 2 seconds slower at the autocross :D

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just can't wait for this car to come out so all the owners can tell me about how much more balanced it is while they run 2 seconds slower at the autocross :D
You realize that you can actually feel better balance, unlike a number on a time slip? And you enjoy the balance in everyday driving. Nothing wrong if you care more about a number or a trophy (neither of which you get on the street). Nothing wrong with caring a lot more about the feel either; think about that.

I suspect owners will be too busy enjoying their car to be searching you out to tell you about it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You realize that you can actually feel better balance, unlike a number on a time slip? And you enjoy the balance in everyday driving. Nothing wrong if you care more about a number or a trophy (neither of which you get on the street). Nothing wrong with caring a lot more about the feel either; think about that.

I suspect owners will be too busy enjoying their car to be searching you out to tell you about it.
Sure, you can feel balance when there's a significant difference

You can also feel those numbers when one car is significantly faster

Guess which one applies here (I'll give you a hint: 1% isn't a significant difference)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sure, you can feel balance when there's a significant difference

You can also feel those numbers when one car is significantly faster

Guess which one applies here (I'll give you a hint: 1% isn't a significant difference)
Well nobody here has driven a High Performance yet. But if its your opinion there was a 1% difference in feel between an S197 GT and an S197 V6 Performance Package, you either haven't driven both or are insensitive to feel. They were night and day.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
HPO is built for autocross, as it is also more nimble than the GT. I don't think HorsePower is what autocross is all about, but then again some people need HP because it allows them to brag. Pretty sure, given nearly identical cars, the best driver wins.

But it OK that some people dont like modern turbos that have no lag, & think NA cars are better, solely because they cost more.

Haters are going to hate...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not necessarily true if you take the GT350 out of the equation because it outperforms them all in every way. Not the same for GT vs Eco High Performance.

I had zero interest in an S197 until I heard about the V6 Performance package. I had driven GTs (4.6 and 5.0) and so much weight on the front made them feel sluggish turning. The Performance Package was like a breath of fresh air and I bought one. I could have just as easily wrote the check for a GT and not noticed the difference in price.

I assume the Eco High Performance may be the same thing compared to the S550 GT.

So if someone is offered a free GT or High Performance with the stipulation it can't be sold, traded or parted when you're done with it. I predict many people would choose the Eco High Performance.

I bought a GT this time because I was in a different mood. The S550 GT did not FEEL as front heavy as the S197 did (even the Brembo package) and there wasn't the equivalent of the V6 Performance Package for the 2016 V6 or Eco, so ....

If in the same frame of mind and anticipated uses as in 2011, I would likely choose the High Performance if it turns out to be the spiritual successor of the V6 PP.
I did say if they were thinking straight. You want a car that feels amazing. Buy a miata. You want a car that performs......The order is directly connected to their price. GT350 is the big dog for a reason. The GT is next and finally the entry level car. You may think there was a 1% difference between an S197 V8 and V6. I owned a GT and my daughter owned a V6. I've drove both. There was no comparison. in any type of driving. Straight line, Back road, Braking. The V6 was the entry level car back then for a reason.
Sponsored