Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I miss the cooled seats in my F150. I'd get the premium package Mustang just for that reason.
Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Baby boomers = get V8s, b/c they're older and can afford it, plus its what they grew up with... old loud muscle car mentality
Millenials = get 4 cyl turbos, b/c they're younger, can't afford the luxury of bigger engine, higher gas expense, etc. Grew up with Fast & Furious... racer mentality

Another analogy:
Baby Boomers = drag racers
Gen X = road racers (at least thats what I like to do, HPDEs)
Millenials = autocrossers
The problem with stereotyping is you're almost always wrong. Some people like less expensive, fuel-efficient turbo cars while others are willing to sacrifice their paycheck and efficiency at the altar of the V8 rumble. That's it. Has nothing whatsoever to do with age or generation. I'm old and rich enough to afford a GT (or any number of other high-performance sports cars), but I bought an EcoBoost because it's plenty fast enough for a daily driver while delivering 30+ mpg over a mostly highway daily commute, and it was cheap enough for me to pay cash for it. At the same time, I work with a youngster (30-ish) who lives in a hovel, with no hope of ever being able to afford a family, so he can afford a monthly payment and rumble around town in his GT. His insurance premium is ghastly, and all of his pocket money goes to pay for gas. But it makes his little Millenial/Gen-X (whatever) heart happy, so more power (heh) to him!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Sync 3 is consistently rated by professional reviewers as one of the easiest-to-use, least buggy automotive Infotainment systems. How would you make it better?
I dunno, maybe by having it actually work? I've had 3 cars with it and it never did anything besides be laggy as hell and tell me I can't use ANY features while the car is moving. I've tried it with both android and iphone and it just yells at me to stop the car for safety before trying to use the voice features.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I dunno, maybe by having it actually work? I've had 3 cars with it and it never did anything besides be laggy as hell and tell me I can't use ANY features while the car is moving. I've tried it with both android and iphone and it just yells at me to stop the car for safety before trying to use the voice features.
I've never had any trouble with it. I've had two different Android phones since I bought the car, and both worked without a hitch. All voice commands work perfectly, including access to Google Assistant. A time or two I've had an issue with getting Android Auto up, but I fixed it every time by replacing the data cable (I guess I'm hard on data cables in the car). The system stays connected to my home WiFi when parked in the garage, and keeps itself updated. I like it so much, in fact, I bought an upgrade from an online vendor to put Sync 3 in my wife's 2014 Escape. It works perfectly for her too. She likes it so much she's perfectly happy putting off a new car purchase by at least another 3 years, which means I spent $1500 to save $15,000 (or more).

I will note that some of the voice commands for Sync 3 are a bit cryptic, but once I got used to asking the way the system expects I had no problems.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Hmm, I tried Andriod Auto, and couldn't get to work at all. The Sync3 works fine without out for me, but I really would like to get the AA working as well. I'll check the Infotainment Sub to see if there is any help there.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
MY take, Anyone who drops 5 grand on a performance pack and still has a 4 cylinder...well enjoy your ride.

Disclaimer: Me being "Old School" never liked the 4 cylinder engines. For the most part they were dogs that overheated and blew head gaskets. Granted the new engines are much better and these babies can run. But the wear and tear on a 4 banger will rear it's ugly head much faster than the V8. The 4 cylinder has to work much harder to perform on the same level. Then there is that exhaust note that is lacking no matter what you do or change the sound is piss poor. Label me a hater or what ever but a 4 cylinder does not belong in a MUSTANG.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I've never had any trouble with it. I've had two different Android phones since I bought the car, and both worked without a hitch. All voice commands work perfectly, including access to Google Assistant. A time or two I've had an issue with getting Android Auto up, but I fixed it every time by replacing the data cable (I guess I'm hard on data cables in the car). The system stays connected to my home WiFi when parked in the garage, and keeps itself updated. I like it so much, in fact, I bought an upgrade from an online vendor to put Sync 3 in my wife's 2014 Escape. It works perfectly for her too. She likes it so much she's perfectly happy putting off a new car purchase by at least another 3 years, which means I spent $1500 to save $15,000 (or more).

I will note that some of the voice commands for Sync 3 are a bit cryptic, but once I got used to asking the way the system expects I had no problems.
Well I'm glad someone got it to work! I've tried for 3 years now. I had an Ecoboost premium before and I liked the car although it didn't quite offer the performance I wanted. Also, the sound. I have other cars for daily tasking, although you are right on the gas mileage. I did a 3000 mile road trip and averaged almost 36mpg at 75-80. In the end I traded it in on a GT though at about 30,000 miles. If the Ecoboost sounded more like the Focus ST or Mazdaspeed 3/6 I probably might have kept it but that headifold really kills the sound.

And the seats are a personal preference I guess, I'm 6' even and 225lb and I feel very uncomfortable in the premium leather seats. I rented a base ecoboost and really found those cloth seats to be ideal for me.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
And again, if Ford is just using the RS engine (for the first time ever in a mustang), that engine comes with 350hp.. and if they put that into the Mustang HPO and then claim 335hp, they are underrating the engine. So these naysayers opinions are not even of facts, they are just trolling the thread.
:facepalm:

Again, Ford has said NOWHERE that 335 is the number. The number has ALWAYS been 330, which is IDENTICAL to the RS when overboost isn't being considered. Is this clear yet? Or are you just going to keep spewing nonsensical "alternative facts"

Yes, I am calling you a Moron. You are putting words into my mouth (again lying) to make yourself seem special..
I'm not putting words in your mouth, you literally said the ecoboost doesn't have turbo lag, and the lag felt is throttle lag. That is false.

The ECU purposely interferes with everything... that it's job! To interpret what the driver wants/needs. That interpretation isn't always the same, spot on, or instant. In those cases, you have lag in the response from your car. This can be intentional, or not but it happens in modern cars..
No, the ECU does not interfere with anything unwarranted. If you tell the ECU to control the traction, it's going to control the traction. If you tell the ECU to let you handle it, it lets you handle it. The ECU doesn't make decisions for the driver.

Additionally, when you hook your engine up to a tuner, you can get into the forscan codes, etc and can change the parameters of how your car drives, or how your transmission behaves, etc. I know people who hook tuners up to their car and use it for datalogging, not to tune their cars. So how can you sit there with a strait face an tell us why people mess with tuners...?.
People tune cars to change performance parameters of the car, not to decide what decisions the ECU makes for you like you were trying to say

Specially, when you have clearly stated in your posts, that the ECU can not interfere with anyone driving experience, and will not cause lag... which makes you an absolute freakin moron...!.
Did you seriously misspell "especially" and try to call me a moron in the same sentence? HAHAHAHA

But anyways, you, as usual, are missing ALL logic. I have said that the ECU can not interfere UNWARRANTED, as in it cannot make decisions to override yours without some sort of outside interference. And the miniscule amount of lag that it creates is not akin to turbo lag, like you try to say it is. What you're experiencing in the Ecoboost is turbo lag, NOT throttle lag

So, your car hesitate to accelerate with traction control..? Then I guess the ECU can after all... cause the throttle to lag and not instantly give you 100% horsepower to the rear... right? Can you name any and all instances where the ECU will cut power... when the driver doesn't want, or know it is happening..? It happens all the time, you just are not aware of it.
It will only do so if YOU tell it to do so

Again, you are lying... even after I corrected you, you throw out white liars as you backpedal. You do not need FULL BOOST, to have boost.

2.3 EB has positive boost at 900rpms. Turbo is already spooling... (don't get angry)
I'm not lying about anything. You are the one who used the Ecoboost making "positive boost" at idle (as if every turbo car on earth doesn't make positive boost at idle... it's not like a turbo is going to spin backwards and pull air from the engine :LMAO: ) as your evidence to how the Ecoboost doesn't have turbo lag. SO either you don't know what positive boost means, don't know how turbos work, and are talking out your ass, or you were implying full boost occurs at idle and still talking out your ass. Take your pick

Again, you are lying. You remarks & comments are a spill over from the thread you keep referring to.
Post #199
Post #263

And your post
Post #264 <---

"I'm not talking hi-po alone. The PP2 a $6500 option, and that's probably about what the handling package alone will cost. That will likely also require 101A for the toggle switches, so add in $2000. We've already almost hit that $8960 defecit, and we haven't even counted the hi-po option yet. Let's break that down... This comes with all the CS appearance goodies, so we'll even be a bit conservative and say half of the CS package is $1000. It seems to have active exhaust standard, so there's $895. Then, the engine... let's just assume there's a $500 upcharge tacked on for that. We're currently at almost $2k over the price of a base GT. That's why they can be compared... this car will likely end up costing more than a base GT for not as much performance"

So kindly bugger-off, you troll. Nobody was comparing the base GT, they were comparing it to the pp2 (for it's handling) until you started backtracking. Equally equipped cars is how people compare performance... and cross shop dude... why u so angry?
It's funny, because not a SINGLE ONE of those posts were comparing the EB to the PP2 or any other specific GT. My post about PP2 was a simple cross-reference for a pricing scheme (one that was actually highly accurate, and refuted your claim of it only being a couple grand for the whole package... once again, talking out your ass), but I didn't ONCE compare the PP2 to the EB. They're vastly different in terms of performance and price, so there's absolutely no point in even trying to compare them. However, one can be used to develop a potential pricing scheme for the other

Side note, it's funny that you're quoting that thread after claiming that you were blocked from the thread... but yeah, I'M the liar LMAO

It seems you give a great deal of who I am, and not at all concerned with other posters who tell you the exact same thing as me, or posted to tell you that you are wrong, or without all the facts. You ignored them too. You won't deal in facts and those same people who have questions about my facts.. asked. And now they know. You still refute facts and are lying to backpedal..
I promise you, I give absolutely 0 fucks who you are (or who you THINK you are). You're a nobody, and that's all I need to know
You have YET to reference a post where another poster was telling me the exact same thing as you (yet you tagged a bunch of posts that had no relevance whatsoever to the topic :LMAO: )

Your speculation is that the Mustang HPO is a turbo, therefor no good and can't be worth it's price and can't have a special engine. But gave no reason why, for any of your posts, except hatred..
Except I have, plenty of times. You just pawn it off as "hatred" because you can't stand the thought of being wrong. I have never said the HiPo is "no good", it'll be plenty good... hell, it's a Mustang! I just don't see much point in anyone buying one over a GT unless they need an EB for gas mileage purposes, at which point their best bet probably isn't a high strung sports car, which makes it somewhat pointless in the actual marketplace. There's no hatred, and as I've said before, I wanted it to be a good value. But it simply isn't

You are over-the-top in your posting and aggressive manner.
Can't take the heat? Get out of the damn kitchen

You do not even take the time to read what people are saying and just jump to conclusions, because you don't like them..
It's funny that you say this, because every time you go on one of your moronic rants, I make sure to respond to every point to make myself clear. Meanwhile, there have been 2 posts so far where you have ignored everything I said just because you didn't like how it was worded (or so you say), and you quite frequently pick and choose what parts of my comments to respond to... I guess you can only pull so much out of your ass before you run dry, huh?

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What was this thread about again(for the 3rd time)?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

Sponsored
OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Another thread high jacked :bandit:

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Another thread high jacked :bandit:
No kidding. Perhaps we can try this again when someone actually gets to test drive one of these things.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I don't see many people ponying up $9000 for this Hi-Po/handling pkg combo. It will likely be a better balanced car, however, with performance everywhere you look now days, I just don't see a huge demand for this at that price point.
Sponsored