Sponsored

Mustang club in HI?

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Is there an active mustang club on Oahu? If so do they have a web site or something? Also where does everyone take their mustang for tuning and work? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well there has been some views but I guess no club? Can anyone tell me a good shop for getting aftermarket parts and installations? Thx.

Yonash1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost 6MT Vert, 2015 F150 XLT SCrew
There's a Mustang/Shelby club, like dues and all that jazz, I can't recall the name of it, but I saw something about it linked from the Cars and Coffee - Hawaii website. I've seen a few nice Mustangs rolling around, but haven't gotten connected at all, only had mine about a month, and only been on Oahu nearing on 2 months.

OP
OP

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive only had my new Stang for a month too. Want to get an h pipe put on and maybe e85 tune. Ordering online is crazy with shipping costs.

Yonash1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost 6MT Vert, 2015 F150 XLT SCrew
Ive only had my new Stang for a month too. Want to get an h pipe put on and maybe e85 tune. Ordering online is crazy with shipping costs.
No kidding! I just placed an order for some Roush bits for my front end, and spent half the day shopping around for anyone that would ship me the 3-pc splitter and wheel trim kit for less than $200! Summit took the win with $112 shipping...ouch...

Sponsored

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
There are two clubs that I know of. Aloha Mustang and Shelby Club of Hawaii. https://alohamustang.org/
They mostly have classic cars. Each year, they have a car show at Windward Ford (Or used to).

I remember reading/hearing one time from a member that they are a club of people who like to eat together and happen to own Mustangs. :)

The club I used to be a part of is Hawaii Performance Mustangs back when I had my S197. There is a website, but there isn't much traffic on it anymore.
http://www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com/forum/index.php

The FB page seems to have more activity, but that isn't saying much. You can do a search for them on FB. It is a closed group. It seems most of the posts are stuff for sale though. When I sold my car 8 years ago the club was really active. I think it has died down since then. I am not sure because I just picked up my car 1 1/2 weeks ago so I am really out of touch.

We used to have monthly meetings and a lot of activities. We used to have an annual car show "Rumble on the Roof" at Honolulu Ford.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
There are two clubs that I know of. Aloha Mustang and Shelby Club of Hawaii. https://alohamustang.org/
They mostly have classic cars. Each year, they have a car show at Windward Ford (Or used to).

I remember reading/hearing one time from a member that they are a club of people who like to eat together and happen to own Mustangs. :)

The club I used to be a part of is Hawaii Performance Mustangs back when I had my S197. There is a website, but there isn't much traffic on it anymore.
http://www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com/forum/index.php

The FB page seems to have more activity, but that isn't saying much. You can do a search for them on FB. It is a closed group. It seems most of the posts are stuff for sale though. When I sold my car 8 years ago the club was really active. I think it has died down since then. I am not sure because I just picked up my car 1 1/2 weeks ago so I am really out of touch.

We used to have monthly meetings and a lot of activities. We used to have an annual car show "Rumble on the Roof" at Honolulu Ford.
Hey Gary....you ever get out to Cars and Coffee? Kinda sad HPM went into the tubes. Wasn’t much participation over the years. Any mods to the 2015?

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Gary....you ever get out to Cars and Coffee? Kinda sad HPM went into the tubes. Wasn’t much participation over the years. Any mods to the 2015?
Howzit. Never been to the Cars and Coffee. My friend told me about it a few times. I did go to a couple shine and shows (?) with my other Mustang, which I guess is basically the same thing. yeah, sad HPM isn't really around anymore. I used to be a member at its peak. Been without any car for the longest time. Just got this car a couple months ago. Were you a member of HPM? I was there from '7 to '11

My 15 is a limited edition so I am TRYING not to mod it much. I bought it with a Corsa Xtreme exhaust which is too loud for me when I get on it. I also put in a drop-in filter since I haven't heard many good reviews of cold air intakes. I am looking at the Steeda intake that retains the lower stock lower half and a Lund tune. Wishy washy on that.

I did buy a Sync 3 upgrade since the 15s are the only ones to have My Ford Touch. I just got it yesterday so I have to find time to install it.

For the exhaust, I would like one that sounds deep but not too loud and no drone. They are so expensive to replace so I will just live with it for now.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Howzit. Never been to the Cars and Coffee. My friend told me about it a few times. I did go to a couple shine and shows (?) with my other Mustang, which I guess is basically the same thing. yeah, sad HPM isn't really around anymore. I used to be a member at its peak. Been without any car for the longest time. Just got this car a couple months ago. Were you a member of HPM? I was there from '7 to '11

My 15 is a limited edition so I am TRYING not to mod it much. I bought it with a Corsa Xtreme exhaust which is too loud for me when I get on it. I also put in a drop-in filter since I haven't heard many good reviews of cold air intakes. I am looking at the Steeda intake that retains the lower stock lower half and a Lund tune. Wishy washy on that.

I did buy a Sync 3 upgrade since the 15s are the only ones to have My Ford Touch. I just got it yesterday so I have to find time to install it.

For the exhaust, I would like one that sounds deep but not too loud and no drone. They are so expensive to replace so I will just live with it for now.
Yeah was there from when they used to meet in the military clubhouse above Moanalua shopping center. My handle was Frankenstang way back when there was a lot of posting on the forums. I had a white Fox LX back then and a red Mach 1. I remember your old car with the old GT badging and if I remember you had installed a turbo system on it. The only members I see once in a while are Joe, the Siu’s (Leighton, Cathy & Toby), Sean and some of the Fox guys at car shows. Gavin is on Facebook and a few of the other former members too.

Just got the new PP1 in May this year and a 2014 GT in 2014. Looking to do the exhaust on the 2019 but I don’t like a lot them as they are too raspy....must be getting old. I like the deep muscle car sound. This guy at cars and coffee had a JBA axle back with a custom H pipe and resonators done by ESH in Kailua and, wow, that thing sounded really good. I’ve heard the Corsas and they are well made but too loud for me. Still trying to decide....Stainlessworks has one called the legend which sounds pretty good too with the H pipe design and 304 stainless construction. Hoping for some good Black Friday deals online.

The wife keeps saying my 2014 keeps getting progressively louder every time I’m working on it. You know how that goes....LOL.

50th Anniversary models are cool....

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah was there from when they used to meet in the military clubhouse above Moanalua shopping center. My handle was Frankenstang way back when there was a lot of posting on the forums. I had a white Fox LX back then and a red Mach 1. I remember your old car with the old GT badging and if I remember you had installed a turbo system on it. The only members I see once in a while are Joe, the Siu’s (Leighton, Cathy & Toby), Sean and some of the Fox guys at car shows. Gavin is on Facebook and a few of the other former members too.

Just got the new PP1 in May this year and a 2014 GT in 2014. Looking to do the exhaust on the 2019 but I don’t like a lot them as they are too raspy....must be getting old. I like the deep muscle car sound. This guy at cars and coffee had a JBA axle back with a custom H pipe and resonators done by ESH in Kailua and, wow, that thing sounded really good. I’ve heard the Corsas and they are well made but too loud for me. Still trying to decide....Stainlessworks has one called the legend which sounds pretty good too with the H pipe design and 304 stainless construction. Hoping for some good Black Friday deals online.

The wife keeps saying my 2014 keeps getting progressively louder every time I’m working on it. You know how that goes....LOL.

50th Anniversary models are cool....
I do remember your screen name, but I can't picture your face.... Oh wait, did you have glasses and a moustache? Did you end up selling your car to Gavin? I remember him buying a white Fox with a red interior.

You have a good memory. I had a Hellion turbo and I was initially trying to make my car look like a '66. Kind of starting going off track towards the end with my shaker hood and ducktail spoiler though.

I was planning on getting the 20 Velocity Blue California Special. Saw the ad for my 15 50th anniv LE and for the price and mileage, I couldn't pass it up. The rev match feature on the 19+ seems like a cool toy. My only gripes about the PP are that rims hide the Brembo calipers too much and they look like a pain to clean. Otherwise gotta love the PP package. I got that on my car too.

I think I may eventually get a custom mid pipe also to quiet my exhaust a bit. The cold starts are so embarrassing.

Sponsored

66GT350PS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2011 Shelby GT350, 1966 Shelby GT350
The Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club o Hawaii is celebrating its 40th yer with continuous events, cruises, picnincs, car shows banquets and more. It meets on the last Tuesday of the month (except or June and December) at IHOP Pearl City. It includes members with Mustangs of all years and styles, as well as various other Fords. Ownership of a Mustang is not required, enthusiasm is. Check out: www.alohamustang.org/ for events and past monthly newsletters. And itis not just about classic mustang, though that is how it started in 1979. Members drive everything from our, six or V8 Ponies that are everything from daily drivers to performance toys. My wife and I have four Mustangs: 1965 GT convertible (hers), 2011 GT coupe (hers), 1966 Shelby GT350 (mine), 2011 Shelby GT350 (mine). So come join the fun. I have been a member for 35 years and still enjoy the cars, members and events. I was a member of Hawaii Performance Mustangs also or about nine years, but it seems to have disappeared over the past year. I am not sure if the Insane Stangs and 808Mustang Mustang clubs are still around either. The club web site does not have a chat room or forum set up yet as they like to have members come to activities, usually two a month plus a general meeting. Their acebook page is mostly photos of activities but the newsletter hac much more in it.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I saw a few GT350s when I was on Oahu a few weeks ago.

Tons of rental Mustangs on Maui.

66GT350PS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2011 Shelby GT350, 1966 Shelby GT350
The Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii, founded in 1979, is still happening. There are restrictions as to activities at this time but the club is active with cruises and monthly newsletter. It is based on the island o Oahu. The club includes Mustangs of all years and other Fords. Ownership is not required. Go to: https://alohamustang.org/ Hawaii Performance Mustangs disappeared afew years ago, as have other local Mustang clubs. Hawaii has numerous Mustangs of all generations , Shelbys and kit Cobras as well as many rental Mustangs on the road.:sunglasses:
Sponsored