Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Unlikely comparison, but still an enjoyable watch and nice respect paid to two impressive vehicles.

Price:
Mustang Bullitt - $46,595
Civic Type R - $35,700

Specs - Bullitt / Type R
480 hp / 306 hp
420 lb-ft / 295 lb-ft
5.0 L V8 / 2.0 L 4-cylinder
15 city and 24 highway / 22 city and 28 highway
3,705 lbs / 3,117 lbs

James and Thomas take the new 2019 Honda Civic Type R and pit it against the Special Edition Ford Mustang Bullitt. With massive followings from both sides of the muscle/tuner spectrum, the boys explore the cars driving dynamics and what they are like to live with every day. Why do they have such huge followings? Is it deserved? Exterior and interior styling comparisons help figure out which one takes it in the looks department, and the back roads do the rest. Watch to see the outcome.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Just watched it this morning. Those guys are fun to watch.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Can't say enough how much I hate all the massive fake vents and grilles on the Type R, both front and back. That, and the Toyota Avalon's vents are the worse. What's also awful are the large fake vents on a base civic. I mean, come on!!

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I really enjoyed that video, sums up my feelings. Two of my favorite cars, would love to own both, each is so different yet great in its own way. But the Bullitt sure is purrty!

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I bet the Civic would be a blast, nimble and well reliable. But, if I wanted the sensory experience (and I do), the Mustang. I was driving my GT this weekend, and it reminded me that this car likes its space. Sweeping turns and straightaways to open it up. The speedo doesn't seem to slow down climbing, even when approaching triple digits. It's a different animal.

I really wanted Honda to make a successor to the S2000, but who knows if that will ever happen? It was only a 2 seater, but a proper sports car. A 240 hp 4 banger, with no F.I. That's a feat.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I love to point out to people who complain about my 16 Mustang as far as daily livability, the trunk is fairly spacious, I have loaded that thing with tons of stuff and never have any issues, then the seats go down. As far as the back seat, what back seat I use it all for storage... I think with the proper tires its every bit a daily machine as that civic, and with way way less fake bits tacked onto it.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
One thing I love to point out to people who complain about my 16 Mustang as far as daily livability, the trunk is fairly spacious, I have loaded that thing with tons of stuff and never have any issues, then the seats go down. As far as the back seat, what back seat I use it all for storage... I think with the proper tires its every bit a daily machine as that civic, and with way way less fake bits tacked onto it.
when I found out we were having a second kid, i was debating on getting rid of my mustang for a decent amount of time. turns out the seats fit back there just fine, and surprisingly enough there's actually more room up front for me and the wife then there is in our jeep wrangler. not that i'd do it often, but its nice to at least have the option if our other vehicle is ever in the shop

on topic of the video, i like Civics and my last car was a 16 civic touring edition. that type r is just hideous, it takes all of the elegance from the new civic and ruins it with a bunch of plastic shit that looks like someone ordered off of ali express after marathoning the fast and the furious all weekend. looks fun to drive though

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Whoever drilled the front bumper of the Bullitt should be taken out behind the woodshed like the degenerate they are
"wow its just a state requirement ..."

He knows it; he lives in California. Used to be a fix-it ticket, dunno if they've upped the ante. Nine Camrys with front plates and a Mustang without one, all doing 80 in a 65; wonder who the CHiP will pull over?

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I really wanted Honda to make a successor to the S2000, but who knows if that will ever happen? It was only a 2 seater, but a proper sports car. A 240 hp 4 banger, with no F.I. That's a feat.
Doesn't the Acura NSX fit the bill?
Sponsored