Mustang Brake Recall

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Thanks, Mike. I had a feeling these have been getting installed for awhile now as the thread died out. I'll hound 'em again.
They have to type your vin into Oasis, I cant see that its taking this long to get the part.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mike: After multiple attempts to contact my buddy, the ASM, this morning I finally pinned him down. Raised a bit of hell, sent photos of my "CE" bracket, and whaddaya know? Two days on the part from Melvis, imagine that, huh? Grrr....

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mike: After multiple attempts to contact my buddy, the ASM, this morning I finally pinned him down. Raised a bit of hell, sent photos of my "CE" bracket, and whaddaya know? Two days on the part from Melvis, imagine that, huh? Grrr....
Old saying "Squeaky wheel gets the oil", in my case my wife says I am a 1 man wrecking ball :D

Last edited:

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Sorry about your delay in getting the brake recall completed. It took about 2-weeks for my bracket to come in. However that was over the Christmas and new year’s holidays. Parts must be getting scares.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Gary: In this case, it appears to be the result of a management change followed by some major changes in Service. My buddy is none too happy with the changes.

Then when he finally was able to put the order in, whaddaya know, two days from Memphis, I wonder who the carrier might be? :-) So, I don't think it's low supply and hopefully, I'll get her fixed Real Soon Now.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Gary: In this case, it appears to be the result of a management change followed by some major changes in Service. My buddy is none too happy with the changes.

Then when he finally was able to put the order in, whaddaya know, two days from Memphis, I wonder who the carrier might be? :-) So, I don't think it's low supply and hopefully, I'll get her fixed Real Soon Now.
I still have not received mine yet; Ordered 11-18-20!!!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I still have not received mine yet; Ordered 11-18-20!!!
You need to have your dealer enter your VIN in OASIS, once your VIN is in the system your dealer will be able to place the order. I got my bracket pedal assembly less than 2 weeks after the order was placed.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership. This is were your VIN is entered into the system. It can also be done over the phone.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
You need to have your dealer enter your VIN in OASIS, once your VIN is in the system your dealer will be able to place the order. I got my bracket pedal assembly less than 2 weeks after the order was placed.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership. This is were your VIN is entered into the system. It can also be done over the phone.
"THANKS"!!!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY, the part showed up...amazing what "Squeaky" can accomplish sometimes, ain't it? Appointment for tomorrow morning. I expect to get the TCM "BH" update as we know Ford requested it and HOPE to get the PCM "LN" update. A little birdie told me that they don't automatically flash a module without a reason or incident. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a couple CEL's.. :-) We shall see.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Got the new brake assembly installed this morning. Yay us. :cool:

Great young tech who clearly knows his stuff and I believe is the only one with the Shelby cert from Ford at this location. Didn't hardly take him forty-five to do the brake pedal bracket and then, per my request, he flashed the TCM and PCM to the latest build letters.

But one odd thing that he couldn't solve is a weird one. Somewhere back, not sure when, the Trip/Fuel screen stopped working as in wouldn't display, it would just go blank. My buddy, the ASM, had a thought that it might be because I have the Telematics breaker pulled.

Have any of you who also have it de-powered seen this blank Trip/Fuel thing? I could see where the routine is trying to get some numbers from somewhere and when it fails to get them, it blanks. Not that I really GAS as I'm not going on any trips and I know the damn car barely goes around the block without refueling so I certainly don't need the software routine. But, it should work and if someone doesn't chime in, I'll get in there and replace that breaker to see if that solves the issue.

TIA

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my recall notice today, lol. Funny because my car was the first US car to ship from Flat Rock.....

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just got my recall notice today, lol. Funny because my car was the first US car to ship from Flat Rock.....
They knew yours has been sitting for a while ;)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
They knew yours has been sitting for a while ;)
Ha! I know right? No rush on my part, I just had to chuckle when I opened the letter.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Got my notice on Monday. Called the dealership. Car was in today and fixed. Yes it had the problem - HAD - past tense...