Mustang Brake Recall

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Maybe they found a new vendor to make them cheaper..and when they were found to be of poor quality had to go back to the previous vendor

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I am hoping to get both the camera and brake fixed on the same visit. What are the chances it will go well? Travel restrictions will be the first hurdle as I will need to go to Lost Angeles (yuk) to my dealer.:frown:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am hoping to get both the camera and brake fixed on the same visit. What are the chances it will go well? Travel restrictions will be the first hurdle as I will need to go to Lost Angeles (yuk) to my dealer.:frown:
Any Ford dealer can accomplish the recall. They can't turn you down.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If going to Galpin, request the guy i sent you

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The dealer I took my car too for the camera, had 2 brand new Mustangs sitting on the lot with Stop Sale orders on them because of the recalled brake pedal bracket. They can't sell the cars until the bracket has been replaced and the brackets are on national back order without an eta.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Thanks guys for the reminders. Tom, I would not let Jim Charlon Ford (local pos) work on my mower and I will call Daniel @ Galpin on Monday.

Good luck to all getting their cars made and fixed correctly.

Edit - Thanks Earl, I am in no real hurry as I know local cars in LA will be put before me.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership. In other words, if your car shows the recall on Oasis, they can order the part.
  • • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.
If my car had been on the recall list for the brake bracket, they would have been able to order the bracket yesterday.

Both the cars on their lot did not have signed sales contracts. So they have to wait.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership. In other words, if your car shows the recall on Oasis, they can order the part.
If my car had been on the recall list for the brake bracket, they would have been able to order the bracket yesterday.

Both the cars on their lot did not have signed sales contracts. So they have to wait.
Anybody want to buy a bracket, LOL

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I am hoping that my car will show up on the recall list after getting the other recall part installed and a new update added to OASIS.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland

So am I to believe since my Vin was listed on Oasis for the recall the part will arrive quickly opposed to not being there and have to wait? Because my service guy placed the order yesterday as I was standing there.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Define "quickly."

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Define "quickly."
If thats pointed at me, that would be XMas Jeebs.

Since the car will be in two shops for the remainder of Nov and then into my neighbors garage till spring early spring when it goes to 2 more shops before its ready for next summer.