Mustang Brake Recall

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I ran my vin, negative and no surprise after reading most of the posts.
One bit of confusion is, why do the standard and sport pedal parts have the same part number?
Sorry if it was answered and I just missed it.

EDIT: I re-read Chairmans post with the .PDF on page 6 and the last digit changes NEVERMIND

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Got my finger on the trigger....so to speak.

Well that is if this rain ever stops here. Winter came early in Oklahoma this year. 2020 continues to roll.
I saw that on the news John. It made me think of how you were doing.

As for the recall, grab your camera and take a photo of the bracket you have installed in your car. If you see PP GF40, you most likely have a defective bracket. Keep checking this thread. As I get more info, I will update.

On a side note, I'm installing my roll cage. Photos to come.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Applying the Electric Parking Brake in an Emergency

Note:
Do not apply the electric parking brake when your vehicle is moving, except in an emergency. If you repeatedly use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle, you could cause damage to the brake system.

You can use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle in an emergency.
  1. Pull the switch upward and hold it.
  2. The red warning lamp illuminates, a tone sounds and the brake lamps turn on.
  3. The electric parking brake continues to slow your vehicle down unless you release the switch.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Note:
Do not apply the electric parking brake when your vehicle is moving, except in an emergency. If you repeatedly use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle, you could cause damage to the brake system.

You can use the electric parking brake to slow or stop your vehicle in an emergency.
  3. The electric parking brake continues to slow your vehicle down unless you release the switch.
Good info and @Snoopy49 can only hope you know I am being sarcastic. Mine is parked till the Recall notice is finally figured out.
A1971B65-B490-4888-AF2F-3A49CE52C070.jpeg

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I saw that on the news John. It made me think of how you were doing.

As for the recall, grab your camera and take a photo of the bracket you have installed in your car. If you see PP GF40, you most likely have a defective bracket. Keep checking this thread. As I get more info, I will update.

On a side note, I'm installing my roll cage. Photos to come.
I am doing great and believe the weather will clear for a Saturday drive. Then I will detail her and check the bracket. But it’s likely the recalled part.

Got my Shelby inserts to install and some newly discovered “build issues” to check for. Going to be a big day.

Can’t wait to see your roll cage pictures.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My VIN is now included in the NHTSA recall for the brake bracket.

Thank you Ford for taking care of this for me. I hope that the information that I provided to you through customer service level 2 support and a very outstanding Ford employee (you know who you are) was helpful.

20201028_232044.jpg

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Looks like only yours has been recalled?
Mine doesn’t show up on either that site or Ford’s. Maybe tomorrow....
:headbang:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Looks like only yours has been recalled?
Mine doesn’t show up on either that site or Ford’s. Maybe tomorrow....
:headbang:
I went through all kinds of hoops to get this front and center to the right people. I struck out at my dealership all the way up to the GM. @Jmeo had introduced me to a very special Ford employee who took the time to listen to my story. He confirmed all that I told him by referencing my BOM. I think he, like everyone else, thought I was just one of those busy body forum guys. He said he'd look at it and his phone call to me later that day left him with concern. He ran it up the chain of command and encouraged me to call customer service. I was transfered to tier 2 support and had the pleasure of speaking to another caring individual.

Next thing I know, I'm on the list. I have been trying to buy this part on my own out of an abundance of concern. No joy. Now I will get the part and not have to have this in the back of my head heading into turn 1 at 180 MPH.

Ford is on this. They know about this now. Give it a reasonable amount of time while they sort through the GT500 production builds.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I went through all kinds of hoops to get this front and center to the right people. I struck out at my dealership all the way up to the GM. @Jmeo had introduced me to a very special Ford employee who took the time to listen to my story. He confirmed all that I told him by referencing my BOM. I think he, like everyone else, thought I was just one of those busy body forum guys. He said he'd look at it and his phone call to me later that day left him with concern. He ran it up the chain of command and encouraged me to call customer service. I was transfered to tier 2 support and had the pleasure of speaking to another caring individual.

Next thing I know, I'm on the list. I have been trying to buy this part on my own out of an abundance of concern. No joy. Now I will get the part and not have to have this in the back of my head heading into turn 1 at 180 MPH.

Ford is on this. They know about this now. Give it a reasonable amount of time while they sort through the GT500 production builds.

Once again taking one for the team Tom. I’ll give Ford a hot minute to add the other affected GT500s. Then I’ll start calling myself.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Note:

I wonder if the rear brakes would lock up? What about high speeds like on a track? Anyone care to give this procedure a try?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Seems you're the only one, Tom...mine doesn't show a recall yet.
I am nearing the end of a 35 hour shift, what is the link to check my Vin? I’m curious to know if I made the cut. If anybody has the time to check my Vin for me, and if you have my cell phone number, please text me I would appreciate it.