Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Not sure if you're joking, there's still the official reveal, which is going to have probably weeks of teasers/etc leading up a large publicized event. And while yea we know it's basically a S550 Mk II, we still haven't seen anything near clean silhouette lines or the rear, much less engine/transmission numbers, performance packages, etc...

RE the teaser today, I was sure it was going to be about the GT cars (GT3/GT4) or something else racing related. But if all your doing is something as lame as renaming the black accent package, don't tease that stuff, just post it.
...well, duh!?!?!

The s650 looks like an update of the s550, nothing more.
If you remember back a few months ago, the head of Ford said that he
wanted the new Mustang to be a 'poster car.'
And even back a year, folk were hoping for a mid-engine design like the Corvette.

Most reactions that I've seen are people are disappointed.......................as in a 'joke'......:lipssealed:

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
...well, duh!?!?!

The s650 looks like an update of the s550, nothing more.
If you remember back a few months ago, the head of Ford said that he
wanted the new Mustang to be a 'poster car.'
And even back a year, folk were hoping for a mid-engine design like the Corvette.

Most reactions that I've seen are people are disappointed.......................as in a 'joke'......:lipssealed:
Yea, I posted that interview to the 7g forum.

The optimist in me is hoping the S650 will be the 'S550 greatest hits' and get rid of the poor QC and reliability ratings of the current car. But I agree that it is less than expected. I was very hopeful Ford would make a conscious effort to lighten the car ala the F-150 with greater use of aluminum, but being a warmed over remodel that seems less likely.

Personally I've been approaching the S650 with the question of: will I sell my Mach when they release the 'ultimate' last generation V8/manual transmission (or maybe DCT ala the current GT 500)? Granted that is still probably 5-8 years away, but with the changing emissions requirements, may be sooner than we think. And at the current moment, I don't really feel compelled to sink the extra cash into the S650, though of course time will tell.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yea, I posted that interview to the 7g forum.

The optimist in me is hoping the S650 will be the 'S550 greatest hits' and get rid of the poor QC and reliability ratings of the current car. But I agree that it is less than expected. I was very hopeful Ford would make a conscious effort to lighten the car ala the F-150 with greater use of aluminum, but being a warmed over remodel that seems less likely.

Personally I've been approaching the S650 with the question of: will I sell my Mach when they release the 'ultimate' last generation V8/manual transmission (or maybe DCT ala the current GT 500)? Granted that is still probably 5-8 years away, but with the changing emissions requirements, may be sooner than we think. And at the current moment, I don't really feel compelled to sink the extra cash into the S650, though of course time will tell.
...yea, it was/is the same with new Harleys every year.
All of us riders waited for ; lighter bikes, bigger engines, stiffer frames and lots of
new and exciting 'goodies'.
They trickle in and most of the wants never come.
As for lighter Harleys; try picking up a 1000 lb bike that you have inadvertly laid over.

Still, a lot of guys will buy the new s650 because it is the latest and greatest.
From what I've seen; ho-hummmmmm........................:crazy:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Dark horse. Dang. Itā€™s perfect. Wish Iā€™d thought of it.
Itā€™s one of those where itā€™s so obviously right that your wonder how it wasnā€™t brought up by a thousand people.

congratulations to whomever coined it. Great job. .

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
06F78118-C929-4FF5-8C4E-C9417792D664.jpeg

Is this an old advertisement? Iā€™m assuming it has nothing to do with this naming competitionā€¦ but maybe it does? Old style headlights and bumper, as well as lower horsepower figure...

A friend of mine saw it when leaving his local movie theater. Yesterday.

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Dark horse. Dang. Itā€™s perfect. Wish Iā€™d thought of it.
Itā€™s one of those where itā€™s so obviously right that your wonder how it wasnā€™t brought up by a thousand people.

congratulations to whomever coined it. Great job. .
I submitted Dark Horse to Ford, I'm expecting my royalty check any day now....

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I guess they didn't like my "Leroy" submission. Oh well. Save a horse..................

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
06F78118-C929-4FF5-8C4E-C9417792D664.jpeg

Is this an old advertisement? Iā€™m assuming it has nothing to do with this naming competitionā€¦ but maybe it does? Old style headlights and bumper, as well as lower horsepower figure...

A friend of mine saw it when leaving his local movie theater. Yesterday.
What movie theater was your friend at?

I wonder if this was of any inspiration:
1658041010918.jpeg

jed_65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Coupe
I submitted Dark Horse to Ford, I'm expecting my royalty check any day now....
I also submitted ā€œDark Horseā€ to Fordā€¦. Havenā€™t seen that royalty check yetā€”how ā€˜bout you? šŸ˜‚
Sponsored