Mustang 2019 with active exhaust anyone have experience with adding an x-pipe

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Hey guys I just picked up my 2019 mustang gt pp1 and I was wondering if anyone has and x pipe added to their 2019 gt with active exhaust and if quiet mode is still quiet in quiet mode
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I went with an h pipe myself, but do know people with the x. If you want a more higher pitch rasp x is the way to go. Quiet mode is still quiet. With an h pipe its like any other car. Cant hear it. With an x its still quiet. Just a tad more loud then an h.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have the active exhaust on my 19’ and an MBRP stainless X pipe. Cold start in quiet mode is slightly louder than stock. Still not bad. Noticeably less loud than cold start in Normal mode. Quiet mode on the street is still just as quiet cruising on the interstate/in town.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Quiet mode is still quiet. I have the Steeda x pipe, love it! steeda makes 18-19 specific H & X pipes that dont require you to cut heat shields on the exhaust. Also, the way it goes on would allow you to put your resonator right back in if ya wanted to. I purchased the X and the H, X came first so I threw it in to try it, never tried the H since I loved the sound of the X. H was sold. you wont regret doing it X or H, you will regret not doing it sooner.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Quiet mode is still quiet. I have the Steeda x pipe, love it! steeda makes 18-19 specific H & X pipes that dont require you to cut heat shields on the exhaust. Also, the way it goes on would allow you to put your resonator right back in if ya wanted to. I purchased the X and the H, X came first so I threw it in to try it, never tried the H since I loved the sound of the X. H was sold. you wont regret doing it X or H, you will regret not doing it sooner.
Hey sabtaj1 when installing the x-pipe did you have to cut the exhaust at all or was it just bolt on and how hard was it to install. Also, you did mention you could put the resonator back on at any time and that’s nice to be able to do and then what’s the process on that and then lastly, could you link the exact x-pipe u bought thank you for your help

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Basically the the front of the resonator unbolts with factory clamps, rear of resonator has to be cut. Just have to put x pipe against resonator n mark where to cut. One cut, the Steeda pipe mounts with factory clamps on front and with supplied stainless bands on the rear. Be just the same to put resonator back on. Be sure to check ur passenger side muffler once completed, if not pushed far enough forward, the wires for the active exhaust can be damaged. Unfortunately I learned the hard way. There’s lots of instal videos on utube. This is x ya want for 18-19
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3618-s550-x-pipe

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Basically the the front of the resonator unbolts with factory clamps, rear of resonator has to be cut. Just have to put x pipe against resonator n mark where to cut. One cut, the Steeda pipe mounts with factory clamps on front and with supplied stainless bands on the rear. Be just the same to put resonator back on. Be sure to check ur passenger side muffler once completed, if not pushed far enough forward, the wires for the active exhaust can be damaged. Unfortunately I learned the hard way. There’s lots of instal videos on utube. This is x ya want for 18-19
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3618-s550-x-pipe
thank you so much for your help, unfortunately my mustang was leaking oil 5 days after I got it today so I sent it back to the dealer to see what’s wrong with it and when I get it back ima install my hood struts and when I save the money ima definitely throw that x-pipe on it, it just might be a while bc these 5.0’s love gas lmao
Sponsored