Sponsored

Must have drag racing mods for consistency and reliability

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Sticky tires and an alignment, Suspension is an often overlooked component in drag racing "mostly stock" cars. reduce deflection in the rear, get the alignment right, good set of tires, and you'll go A-B consistently
what are the recommended alignment settings for a drag setup? Any different from recommended stock setup?
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I have roughly 55 passes on my Mach now. Tires and a tune are most important in my book.

I can cut the same sixty foot every pass but the shifts for 4-5 5-6 are so inconsistent there is .15 variance in my runs. Same sixty foot and 330 every time. Just last half of track.

Something to consider. I’m ordering a tune because I can’t stand 4 passes in a row being the same and then all of a sudden it shifts weird and I lose .15.
What kind of times are you running?

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
what are the recommended alignment settings for a drag setup? Any different from recommended stock setup?
Depends on the car entirely, if it’s a high power car that squats real hard at launch, you’ll want some positive camber (about a max of 1 degree though). Camber changes as the suspension articulates, so the idea is when the car squats at launch the camber always moves in the negative direction. So if you start above zero, you move to zero at launch.... increasing contact patch I.e. traction. It’s a balance between traction at launch and traction going down the track. Too much positive will decrease down track traction. Too little or negative camber, will affect launch.

If you were to run a stock alignment, say -1.25 degrees camber, if you launch hard on a sticky tire, you’ll get more negative camber and lose contact patch and traction.

There is no one alignment spec rules them all, it’s different for every combination on a car. Auto vs manual, leave rpm, springs rate, shock settings, tire and pressure, power levels, and torque curve, all affect where the alignment should be for drag racing.

Toe should almost always be zero for drag racing.

Alignment is an often overlooked way to increase performance at the drag strip, especially for how cost effective it is.

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
I was running 12.2 roughly and now 11.6 with e85 and no cats.
Sponsored