Sponsored

Muscle, meet precision. The AWE Mustang Performance Line: NOW LIVE

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Geez, talk about stupid video. Why post up something of such nonsense.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Awesome response! If it looks promising after development, maybe I'll take a ride up there. I used to live in Limerick 21 years ago, just west of you guys and could visit an old friend while I'm up there. Hearing it from a recording is one thing but it never replaces hearing it in person.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Awesome response! If it looks promising after development, maybe I'll take a ride up there. I used to live in Limerick 21 years ago, just west of you guys and could visit an old friend while I'm up there. Hearing it from a recording is one thing but it never replaces hearing it in person.
Ah, no kidding! Well you may see something familiar in our product videos and photos in the future :)

Also, you're more than welcome to come visit!

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon as pics and more info is available on their mustang products, I might,might, be interested.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Soon as pics and more info is available on their mustang products, I might,might, be interested.
If you check the product pages for the GT and EcoBoost Exhaust Suites - some details have been added. More will continue to be added leading up to the launch.

Images and video will be released soon enough.

Sponsored

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you check the product pages for the GT and EcoBoost Exhaust Suites - some details have been added. More will continue to be added leading up to the launch.

Images and video will be released soon enough.
There are no pics on the website of any S550 products. Yet there are two guys making remarks about said products as if they've seen pictures of the product.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
There are no pics on the website of any S550 products. Yet there are two guys making remarks about said products as if they've seen pictures of the product.
I'm pretty sure they are talking about other products AWE has made. I think we could assume the same design and engineering quality, that's not a stretch. Some here are familiar with AWE from other platforms.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Full spread will be revealed soon enough, but I will say we'll have something you could use, I'm sure.
If it sounds like the Corsa line up or better, you got my attention. So far
the Corsa has the best sound (exotic)

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense Josh, but just remember, a proper dyno is "hood closed".... Hood open dynos are worthless for those of us that actually drive out vehicles, not parked at a gathering in a parking lot, with "hood open"... I don't drive around with my "hood open", so I don't dyno that way. It overinflates numbers by 10 to as much as 25 hp.... It doesn't allow proper airflow and all the engine heat that is normally associated with closed lid, is gone with open hood dynos. Plus, if there's an open filter CAI, fans blow on it, also creating extra false cool air. If I am going to want numbers, then they must be for when I drive the car, not sitting still with hood popped open in a parking lot. Plus, I know from many years in automotive engineering and energy/flow dynamics, that dynos are just guesstimation tools, therefore I don't rely on dyno #'s much, because there are over 2000+ variables that are taken into the math, and that no two vehicles will dyno the same. Also, aftermarket CAI's making over 2-3 hp, are a complete myth, unless you get a tube sticking 6-8" out infront of the vehicles bumper, in the actual airflow. I've tested the theory as well as many others. Now if the dyno with "hood open", has fans blowing on the CAI, then sure, it'll show 6-12 hp, but that's not reality. Just say'n... Lastly, I sure hope you guy's use proper verbage in ref to the measurement of hp & tq. It's: lb-ft, not "ft-lbs. You can put one into the other, but not the reverse.

I look forward the exhaust clip. Nice to see it'll offer an H-pipe. X-pipes make domestic V8's sound so raspy and makes a 6.0 V8 sound like a 4.5L or a 5.0 sounds like a 4.0... . H-pipes are pure muscle and beefy.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
If it sounds like the Corsa line up or better, you got my attention. So far
the Corsa has the best sound (exotic)
Ill agree to disagree here. Although exotic has its place, in my heart its all about that low rumble sleeping v8 that awakens into a raging giant with the throttle.

Hey Josh if i visit you guys can you give me a sneak peak? I promise not to tell anyone or make any low quality cell phone spy videos:ninja:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Will be interesting to see how it sounds. Will you be supporting the Convertible crowd as well? I would gladly sign up as a beta tester, just send it my way and I will let you know how I like it... :D

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
Ill agree to disagree here. Although exotic has its place, in my heart its all about that low rumble sleeping v8 that awakens into a raging giant with the throttle.
The 5.0 just doesn't sound good with a really deep exhaust note, they sound...off. That kind of note doesn't really fit the car's looks anyway. Corsa is the absolute best I've heard for the S550, and it's why I ponied up the cash.

Now a 2v 4.6 with 40s or a 4v 4.6 with Stingers, those sound incredible. Super deep, and sound much better than the 5.0 for whatever reason. Most of the Coyotes I hear sound like shit, but it's hard to make a 4.6 sound bad.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
No offense Josh, but just remember, a proper dyno is "hood closed".... Hood open dynos are worthless for those of us that actually drive out vehicles, not parked at a gathering in a parking lot, with "hood open"... I don't drive around with my "hood open", so I don't dyno that way. It overinflates numbers by 10 to as much as 25 hp.... It doesn't allow proper airflow and all the engine heat that is normally associated with closed lid, is gone with open hood dynos. Plus, if there's an open filter CAI, fans blow on it, also creating extra false cool air. If I am going to want numbers, then they must be for when I drive the car, not sitting still with hood popped open in a parking lot. Plus, I know from many years in automotive engineering and energy/flow dynamics, that dynos are just guesstimation tools, therefore I don't rely on dyno #'s much, because there are over 2000+ variables that are taken into the math, and that no two vehicles will dyno the same. Also, aftermarket CAI's making over 2-3 hp, are a complete myth, unless you get a tube sticking 6-8" out infront of the vehicles bumper, in the actual airflow. I've tested the theory as well as many others. Now if the dyno with "hood open", has fans blowing on the CAI, then sure, it'll show 6-12 hp, but that's not reality. Just say'n... Lastly, I sure hope you guy's use proper verbage in ref to the measurement of hp & tq. It's: lb-ft, not "ft-lbs. You can put one into the other, but not the reverse.

I look forward the exhaust clip. Nice to see it'll offer an H-pipe. X-pipes make domestic V8's sound so raspy and makes a 6.0 V8 sound like a 4.5L or a 5.0 sounds like a 4.0... . H-pipes are pure muscle and beefy.
Weird. My PMAS made 14whp with no tuning changes when compared to the stock intake. Never even took the car off the synod. Pulls were made within 10 minutes.

Also did hood open and hood closed with the PMAS that same day. 2hp difference.