Sponsored

Multiple rattles / noises in new 19 GT350 Please read * Anal rattle haters please come in. lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
#2 Your seat back rattle I bet can be solved by putting a thick book in the back pocket. If it's like mine it is something loose with the seat cooler element and it knocks around. I am able to put my hand on the back of the passenger seat and stop the noise entirely. So I just put something in the pocket for now to make it go away.

#3 I noticed my passenger door creaked near the door handle while my driver side did not at all/was dead silent. I started to fiddle with it and noticed if I untightened the bolt behind the door handle on the inside just a tiny bit the creaking stopped entirely. I pressed all over the panels for weeks before I figured this out and I was prepared to remove my entire panel when I discovered the one bolt that seemed to be over-tightened.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
My rattle turned out to be the garage door vibrating to the voice of the Voodoo.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Indeed. This beast will eventually bring out some buzzes and rattles. I have a buzz that sometimes resonates in the rear of the cabin around 6200rpm. It seems temperature dependent and I suspect it is the rear deck or the rear seat fold down latches. I need a trunk monkey back there to isolate it when it surfaces. Also my driver's door has a random tick that also seems temperature dependent. I checked the side sill splitter fasteners, but it seems like it is the door card flexing....it comes and goes. Neither cannot be exorcised from my mind by a simple throttle blip and some Voodoo magic.
Well yesterday I managed to identify the rear buzz I mention here. I thought it was the rear deck. It turned out to simply be the seat belt on the passenger side. After cleaning the back I had left the passenger seat belt buckled in and was not able to recreate the buzz. So I buckled in both seat belts and went for a drive where I typically hit 62K rpms and have heard the buzz. BE GONE!

At least for now *fingers crossed*.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Well yesterday I managed to identify the rear buzz I mention here. I thought it was the rear deck. It turned out to simply be the seat belt on the passenger side. After cleaning the back I had left the passenger seat belt buckled in and was not able to recreate the buzz. So I buckled in both seat belts and went for a drive where I typically hit 62K rpms and have heard the buzz. BE GONE!

At least for now *fingers crossed*.
I don't know about yours but when i hit 6200 rpms, it sounds like the devil is chasing me.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about yours but when i hit 6200 rpms, it sounds like the devil is chasing me.
I have found the best way to cast out demons and bad JuJu is to speak to the Voodoo in a calm Jamaican accent.

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’ve got this loveliness at 3,800rpm when it warms up. Phone placed behind drivers front tire.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
It sounds like It’s your rear cylinder block plate. Once warmed up and at that rpm range it hits a resonance frequency. Yours sounds slightly different than mine did. But it’s close.

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Regarding the door rattle, I think somebody over on the GT500 forum had this issue and it was the plastic riveting holding the panel components together. Rivets were not tight, assembled incorrectly.

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It sounds like It’s your rear cylinder block plate. Once warmed up and at that rpm range it hits a resonance frequency. Yours sounds slightly different than mine did. But it’s close.
how did you fix it?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I had the updated plate installed. One side of it on the new one has a rubber coating to act as a damper. It’s a 25 dollar part but the tranny must come off for the install. Others just apply some dynamatt on it.

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I had the updated plate installed. One side of it on the new one has a rubber coating to act as a damper. It’s a 25 dollar part but the tranny must come off for the install. Others just apply some dynamatt on it.
HFS. Is there a TSB for it?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Nope!
Sponsored