Sponsored

Much less torque after 6000-6200 rpm normal or issue?

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
LOL Ford racing gears will not void your warranty!!! I have been putting them in since 1987. Dealership installed
We can't do this in EU (in the specific Spain), there's no Ford Racing, neither we could modify the car in its mechanical parts (engine, wheels, etc.) without registering it again (a long procedure, that is expensive and often denied), plus it must be done by a third party shop and we'll lose the warranty... otherwise by Bullitt would have been already supercharged the next day i bought it. :)
Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
We can't do this in EU (in the specific Spain), there's no Ford Racing, neither we could modify the car in its mechanical parts (engine, wheels, etc.) without registering it again (a long procedure, that is expensive and often denied), plus it must be done by a third party shop and we'll lose the warranty... otherwise by Bullitt would have been already supercharged the next day i bought it. :)
Sorry buddy

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
And I didn't mentioned the other restrictions we have (and what we have to pay for..) due to the engine size, power, and whatever... that is the reason of why the Bullitt (but the Mustang 5.0 in general) is perceived as more exclusive than "supercars" here, while over there is a "daily car" (well.. almost). :)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Put the gears in get a euro tune from that shop in Poland and keep yer trap shut.

If you don't tell them they won't know.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Put the gears in get a euro tune from that shop in Poland and keep yer trap shut.

If you don't tell them they won't know.
They wouldn't know? Last time i went to the Ford here (because of the issue of this thread), they wanted the local shop to to connect the car online with the main Ford dealership to check that it was eligible for the repair, they scanned everything.. how do you think it will end if I go there with a different gear and a tune?

(the sensor only were around 600€ ... I have to go there for a faulty audio module again that is another grand...I can't risk to lose the warranty really)

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'd wait till it is out of warranty.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Ye.. but see you in 2024! :)
I am more concerned about the digital dash and the other electronics warranty over a power train warranty. Because you can get a engine and transmission easily at a junkyard. Since so many get wrecked.
My 14 tech package friied with 37,000 miles on it so out of warranty. So I traded it for a 17 mustang gt the dealer even called me a few days later and wanted to know if I did anything to the sound system. Nope they said everything was fried. If I fixed it myself I would have spent still major money to replace everything.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I have the additional plan over the standard warranty about the electronic (7 years), "Ford Protect" or whatever it is called, that will cover the electronic. You can extend that even more I think, and it would be very convenient IMO, considering that all the faults I had so far (in around 4 months) are all about the electronic, it's very cheap here, something like 275€ one time price (on a new car).
However I still cannot modify anything on it otherwise they will raise questions about it in case I will ever need it (and considering that we're using the "Chinese" gearbox I wouldn't risk it).

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
LOL Ford racing gears will not void your warranty!!! I have been putting them in since 1987. Dealership installed
Can I ask about how much that set you back install included? That's the only way I would go.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Supercharging the Bullitt doesn't fix the gearing. The long gearing is hard on the clutch especially at the dragstrip. After I put the Whipple on mine the clutch would seriously slip going from 2nd to 3rd at over 100 miles an hour... RIDICULOUS!!! Loved, loved the car but Ford ruined what would have been a dream car for me. Sold it. Love the Bullitt, but it need a big gear in the axle for sure.

I recently bought a 2016 manual to compliment my '18 procharged car and it is geared properly. Doesn't have the HP of the Bullitt but I truly believe it would take a stock Bullitt out of the hole up to say, 80MPH. I just don't understand Ford putting a long gear in a car that can safely do 8,000 RPM. Makes absolutely no sense.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Who said that the supercharger would "fix" the gearing? I mentioned it as an example: if I could have modified my Bullitt, I would have done so (supercharer... and everything else).
But you can't do this in EU, unless you're crazy enough to give up to the 5 years warranty.
The most powerful Mustang you can buy here is the Bullitt (and now the Mach1), there's no 350 or 500, and especially there's no official "performance" parts you can install from an official Ford partner.
If you want something more, you need to import the car from overseas or you've to modify your car by a good shop, with the downside of giving up to the Ford warranty and drive it illegally on the road (there's only few country where you can legalize these mods, one is Germany and it cost a lot... but the no-more-warranty from Ford remains).

Reactions: dx2

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Why not change the rear axle ratio?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Can I ask about how much that set you back install included? That's the only way I would go.

I got a quote from a dealer. 14 hours.

12 to R&R the pumpkin and 2 to install gears.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I got a quote from a dealer. 14 hours.

12 to R&R the pumpkin and 2 to install gears.
If you have the mechanical skills, and there are many Utubes on this, remove the pumpkin and take it to a shop for the gear install. My neighbor owns a ring/pinion shop and he said if I brought a pumpkin to him he would charge $150 labor for the gear swap.
Sponsored