Sponsored

MT82 to 6R80 Swap

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Flashed everything with an IDS and I'm getting a P163E for transmission controller programming error. Code commands full line pressure and only 1st and 3rd gear. Lund took the code out and while it shifts now it still has full line pressure. Anyone have any insight?
Did you figure this out? Friend's car is throwing this code. Lund mentioned when he's seen it in the past it was caused by incorrect strategy
Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anyone else run into P163E? We had PCM reflashed and double checked strategy on valve body, but problem remains.

Going to try another PCM to see if that resolves it.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Anyone else run into P163E? We had PCM reflashed and double checked strategy on valve body, but problem remains.

Going to try another PCM to see if that resolves it.
Is the valvebody strategy from a 15-17 car? The 15-17 PCM will give you issues adding 11-14 strategy.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Is the valvebody strategy from a 15-17 car? The 15-17 PCM will give you issues adding 11-14 strategy.
Strategy is from 15-17. Same one that worked fine on my car.

Tried another PCM and same issue.

Have another valve body on the way to test with ‍♂

S550Whipple15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Valve body corrected the p163e issue we were having.. just fighting a lean issue now..

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
My best friend auto swapped his Kenne Bell boosted 16 PP last year and it was a very long and expensive process. I still don't understand how this is cheaper than just trading for an auto car, even if you have to remove the supercharger and move it over to the auto car. Moving all your add ons over to the auto car would give you a more reliable car and I think it would be cheaper in the end.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Not sure how many guys are still doing this, its the best decision we ever made with our 15 Car. We finally got Remote Start working as well, if anyone has any question on that please shoot us a PM, I will try to get a write up on that. Im not sure everyone will be able to get it to work with as little as we did. I think it depends on how you do the swap. Shoot me a PM if you need help or you have it working yourself.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I swapped mine last year and the only issue I have either it is that it always thinks a key is in the car. It won't start like that but it will ding when I'm exiting the car and entering like a key is left in it. It will do this whether a key is in my pocket or not. Any thoughts?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I swapped mine last year and the only issue I have either it is that it always thinks a key is in the car. It won't start like that but it will ding when I'm exiting the car and entering like a key is left in it. It will do this whether a key is in my pocket or not. Any thoughts?

Huh that's odd, will it start if you don't have your key in the pocket.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Huh that's odd, will it start if you don't have your key in the pocket.
No it will not crank or start. Just the dinger goes off as if I left the key in the car. I may take it to the dealer as my guy that programmed the car didn't know how to fix it.

Sponsored

Dcollier13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I’m in the process of doing the 6r80 swap. I notice the harness is different on my coil packs and the oil pressure sensor. Will this be a issue or would simply swapping packs and ops to three wire to one wire make do? 2017 Mustang Gt

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The coil packs are not an issue at all. You can make the oil pressure sensor work as well. It will require some minor wiring and a tune change.

ksabo1633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang PP
I have a PATS deleted ECU. Is that going to be a problem after flashing all the modules? Also, my car is currently modified. I know I have to revert back to stock before the swap, but after the swap is completed, will my tuner have issues with a new tune?

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am not sure if reflagging the pcm will reenable PATS. I don’t think it will but not 100% certain.

ksabo1633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang PP
I am not sure if reflagging the pcm will reenable PATS. I don’t think it will but not 100% certain.
Thank you! I guess I’ll find out. I will post the results when I’m done. This tread has been a lot of help!
Sponsored