Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
I would like you all to say at what RPM you shift at. I shift at 4000 RPM.
To many variables to say but the higher the rpm the better the Rev match less likely to get any feedback through the shifter. 3 to 4 thousand rpm on average city drive.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Depends, if it’s 6 am I’m sitting at 2k until I get clear of my neighbors houses. Otherwise I normally shift around 3k, with the occasional 7500 shift.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I would like you all to say at what RPM you shift at. I shift at 4000 RPM.
New car and winter: engines take some time to get to the right temp. Before: 3k max. After: 5k max until I got some miles on it.

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Wow! 10 months, I couldn't wait 11 weeks for a factory order so I bought a dealer trade. I also didn't buy what I drove 😒.
So the Transmission feels good now?
If it does I wouldn't expect anything to happen with it.
I drove some 120 miles today. It shifts better each time I drive.
Under higher load the gear switching isn't that smooth. I suppose the reason for this is that the shifter assembly is partly mounted on the frame and partly on transmission.
During load frame and transmission are probably not aligned correctly enough so the gear switch is rougher. I plan to fix this with the MGW shifter assembly next year.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I generally shift around 3k.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I sometimes wonder if the nibble is due to shifting before the clutch is fully depressed. Modern cars have hydraulic clutches as opposed to manual clutches . You can shift gears in a manual clutch before having the clutch fully depressed. With a hydraulic clutch you have to press the clutch pedal further before shifting gears. If you try to shift an hydraulic clutch too soon you run the risk of almost engaging two gears.
I did not consider that engaging two gears at once can be possible. Is it ? Wouldn't the mechanical transmission assembly prevent this ?

With a direct clutch that has a cable attached to the pedal, I see that the cable could maybe stretch a little bit over time but that can easily be fixed and it is consistent.
With hydraulic master-slave cylinder clutch activation the break fluid is used. If there is air in the hose connecting master and slave cylinder or when the hose expands a little bit when pressing the clutch paddle I see this can be a reason why faster shifts might result in improper gear shifts.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The linkage is a bit of a mess which doesn't help. Get the Steeda replacement bracket and feel/consistency will improve significantly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't the mechanical transmission assembly prevent this ?
yes it's impossible to engage 2 gears unless something serious is broken. The gears are always in mesh. When you shift you are engaging a dog to so that instead of free-wheeling on the shaft the gear is now mechanically linked and driving the shaft.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
What is "nibble"?
Blocker ring nibble is felt when the ring and sleeve clash briefly upon engagement. It's feedback through the stick shift to your hand feels like a tooth 'catching' the edge of another. It's very breif and distinctive.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
And here's me thinking it's something I do with my teeth on my misses nipples ... :cwl:

WD :like:

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
@ice445 @Milton thanx, I understand what you are saying. I have this too on a 2016 gt, thought it was a clutch problem, replaced clutch with excedy mach 500 but still have it on lower gears while trans is cold. Will replace oil for Calimer's mix and a braided clutch line, maybe this would help
Sponsored