Sponsored

MSR Cresson in DFW Today

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well. I have one really important question for myself. Why did it take me 4 years to track my 15 Stang. First session done at Cresson today with thedriversedge and I can't stop smiling. I used to race Cresson here some 10 years ago with CMRA on bikes but this is my first day with the car and the first time doing the 3.1. The transitions are scary and blind between the two short tracks.

Either way. So much fun. I've got track addict going with a GoPro so I will be happy to post times and video in a few days. Right now all that matters is how amazing my car is. Tho.... willing to bet my Mich PS 4s' won't be worth much after this is over....

Back to the track....3 more sessions today and 4 more tomorrow. :)
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Who do you have for an instructor? I like TDE events.

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Who do you have for an instructor? I like TDE events.
100%. Instruction for new blues (level 2). The more exp blues are every other session.

My instructor has been great. Sometimes I get more info than I can use but so far it's been great. About to start day 2 with the same guy.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
100%. Instruction for new blues (level 2). The more exp blues are every other session.

My instructor has been great. Sometimes I get more info than I can use but so far it's been great. About to start day 2 with the same guy.
I'm very familiar with Drivers Edge events. I "know" a lot of the instructor .

Have fun

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm very familiar with Drivers Edge events. I "know" a lot of the instructor .

Have fun
Ahhhh. I misunderstood. I had Rick I think. The quiet one, not the owner. He has a red Miata with a black roof I think. I rode with him for one session. It was a lot of fun. The entire weekend was fun. I got to do my Blue Solo Check ride and passed. Very happy about that.

Sponsored

Bumzo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
I was at that event as well and it was a great time, I'm already itching to get back! I think I remember seeing you, I was the other blue mustang with the red wheels.

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
You should sign up for Track Night in America at MSR Cresson this Tuesday October 15th. It is the last one for the year.

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I was at that event as well and it was a great time, I'm already itching to get back! I think I remember seeing you, I was the other blue mustang with the red wheels.
I did see you. Especially going through the pictures from the pro on site. Good lookin car.

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I finally figured out how to use race render enough to make a video. This was the best lap that track addict recorded. Not setting any records but not bad for my first time out.

I also learned a bit about the GoPro. When I had the camera outside the car... Video was perfect. But from inside I should have adjusted the aperture. I didn't realize it was focused on the inside over the outside. I had to post production adjust brightness and contrast just to see the track. Ughhh. Live and learn I guess.

2:40.328

Bumzo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
I did see you. Especially going through the pictures from the pro on site. Good lookin car.
Thanks! I'll have to go say hi if I see you out there again.

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
im hoping one day to get out there with mine.....work always getting in the way

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
im hoping one day to get out there with mine.....work always getting in the way
Totally agree with work always getting in the way. I need to figure out how to work less for more money so i have more time to enjoy my car/life/wife/car.

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
Glad you had a good time! Been running with Rick for years, and will be back out there at their November event. Several of us Mustangs run in Yellow & Red.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad you had a good time! Been running with Rick for years, and will be back out there at their November event. Several of us Mustangs run in Yellow & Red.
If we have lots of members running I wish they would post some times up on the sticky thread. I like seeing what I can do vs what's possible with the car if I get better.

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
I finally figured out how to use race render enough to make a video. This was the best lap that track addict recorded. Not setting any records but not bad for my first time out.

I also learned a bit about the GoPro. When I had the camera outside the car... Video was perfect. But from inside I should have adjusted the aperture. I didn't realize it was focused on the inside over the outside. I had to post production adjust brightness and contrast just to see the track. Ughhh. Live and learn I guess.

2:40.328

Nice!

I run at MSR quite a bit too.... Always fun! Best recorded time is 1.24.1
Are you running a Procharger? Any issues with it? What were your Head temps?
Sponsored