Sponsored

MRT Catted Turboback Review w/ Video

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I don't want this to turn into a wall of words, so I will keep it short. The vendor I bought it from has been less than stellar so far with their support. I will contact them tomorrow with pictures of the dented can and see if they try to give me the runaround again. If they do, I will update my thread and warn others.

Pros:
Sound is exactly what I wanted
Catted
No drone on the freeway at 65-80
LOUD!

Cons:
LOUD!
Every slip joint was beat to shit and needed to be hammered to fix.
MRT needs to better package their products.
One muffler has some very noticeable dings.

Overall feelings are that I probably would not buy it again. I love the sound, but the fact that it was packaged so horribly and arrived to me damaged REALLY pisses me off. The vendor not standing up and trying to take care of it also really bothers me. However, on a more funnier note. My factory exhaust was not even welded 100% and had a leak at the pipe joint about 10" from the muffler. Way to go Ford!

[ame]
Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Great video to show off the exhaust.

Not bad, but a bit too "buzzy" for my personal tastes. Catted was definitely the way to go.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Not my cup of tea. Sounds a little farty at low revs. Nice, fun launch tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
That video is way better than any other. So thank you for posting.
The sound is not my thing, so again thank you for steering me in the right direction. Do you have a total weight vs stock

Sponsored

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
From the video I like the way that sounds. Too bad the shipping was problematic.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Whats up with the MRT throttle controller and boost controller? Anybody using those? Their downpipe looks pretty good and the price is right, they do need to package their stuff better though.

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
A bit too much for my liking. I'm thinking MRT catted DP with Rousch axle-backs might do the trick for me.

OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Great video to show off the exhaust.

Not bad, but a bit too "buzzy" for my personal tastes. Catted was definitely the way to go.
Thanks. I went catted just because I don't like the smell of catless cars. Been there, done that.

Not my cup of tea. Sounds a little farty at low revs. Nice, fun launch tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burnouts are fun!

That video is way better than any other. So thank you for posting.
The sound is not my thing, so again thank you for steering me in the right direction. Do you have a total weight vs stock
Thank you. Unfortunately I don't have a weight comparison. I do know it is a lot lighter though. That stock catback section was HEAVY.

I love all the crackling.
Me too!

From the video I like the way that sounds. Too bad the shipping was problematic.
I'm still convinced I got a customer return. The vendor was pretty adamant that I did not.

Is it tuned? Spins pretty good!!
Yeah, just an AccessPORT with a Stage1 91 map.

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
lol @ DickButt.

I agree with others, great video... Blows my mind that not all vendors just do this.

PS: Shitty customer service blows. Normally, no service = no sale.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think is sounds pretty damn good, but that packaging is horrible, what were they thinking.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
A bit too much for my liking. I'm thinking MRT catted DP with Rousch axle-backs might do the trick for me.

I have both of those on order as of today. Check out Ford Mustang Ecoboost group on Facebook. I'm all over on that group. I'll be added video on Thursday at the lastest.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for the video and review! I don't want anything super loud so if this really sounds out as being really loud then sounds like I should stick with a catback or axle-back system.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Thanks for the video and review! I don't want anything super loud so if this really sounds out as being really loud then sounds like I should stick with a catback or axle-back system.
Adding a pair of resonators to this exhaust should make it less buzzy/loud. I honestly think MRT was on the right track with this exhaust. Just needs a bit more fine tuning in my opinion. A pair of straight through glass pack resonators should have no performance hit and tame the exhaust to give it a unique sound.
Sponsored