Sponsored

MRR gt350 - issue, but American Muscle resolved it

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
So here's the story.... a few days ago I hit a pot hole and dented the front passenger wheel. Took it to the dealership and they said I need a new rim. The original mrr wheels I bought them from one. I decided to order the new one from American muscle because they are closer to me and it would arrive the next day. I got the wheel today and I didn't even open the box I just took it to the dealership. I picked up the car this evening and when I came home I cleaned the car and checked out the new wheel to make sure it's good.

I saw that the finish on some part of the wheel wasn't smooth. As if there was dirt particles when it was getting powder coated, and I noticed that it was chipped on the edge.

Regarding the chip I don't know if it was like that when it shipped from American muscle, damaged during shipping or if the dealership caused it. But I definitely knew that the reason for the finish wasn't smooth doesn't have to do with the dealership. It's a brand new rim that I got today!

I called American muscle and explained exactly what happened as I wrote in this post...... they said they couldn't help me even if there is problems with the finish because the edge of the rim has a chip in it. I tried to reason with them that yes the chip could be due to the dealership or the shipping or maybe them but I honestly can't blame no one for that..... but the finish not being 100% they should at least take responsibility for that but they won't and now I'm out 350 dollars !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Unfortunately brotha when a wheel has a finish damage to it, it causes void of the warranty. Its a shifty situation but mostly every company operates that way.

I've taken the hit for good clients before it hurts us as well and the wheel kinda just lays around.

Sucks and I'm sorry to hear about that.

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I just bought the wheel 2 days ago.... it's not like I had it for a year and then told them about the finish...... I got the wheel took it to the dealership and I noticed it when I got the car back...... I didn't even drive on it more than 2 miles from the dealership to the house....... it has to be when the wheel was made.

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
UPDATE!

American muscle spoke to me and they are exchanging the wheel and they are offering 70 dollar credit to mount and balance the new one and take the damaged one off...... Thank you so much!!

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Glad they are hooking you up but that seems to be more and more occurring with it mrr are wheels having defective finishes.

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Try contacting a moderator to reword your title. Glad AM got you hooked up man!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've taken the hit for good clients before it hurts us as well and the wheel kinda just lays around.
That's when you make wheel tables for your basement lounge. :D
wheeltable.jpg
wheeltable2.jpg

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
That's when you make wheel tables for your basement lounge. :D
Im making one out of a HRE wheel my buddy has laying around for my personal Room.

I plan to do one for the shop lounge but using a 5.2 Motor block

Lensync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red MT-82 3.55's base car
Honestly.. not being an ass... But for real, grown men taking responsibility is rare now isn't it? Here's me in the same position: Shit, there's a blemish and I should have opened it up and checked! Ewe I'm mad! But crap I should have checked it! Well my bad... My wife would tell me Im a dumb ass and I'd be mad and sad and all kind of things but it's MY FAULT! How can I blame anyone else if I didn't even check? The dealership didn't do it? Did you see the video posted here of the dealership guys joy riding a guys Procharger Stang? I guess not... Shit no wonder why everything is so expensive! Some group has to think of literally EVERYTHING so some DUDE doesn't screw up! What do you want? A 30 minute video sent certified mail that says to CHECK YOUR WHEELS THAT YOU SPENT $350 ON!! Sorry but sheesh! I'm laughing right now because of all this passion... But goodness! Yes people need to be held accountable but not if you don't even hold yourself accountable! American Muscle are saints and I will absolutely buy from them....But then again maybe not because the prices are marked up for covering YOU! LOL!
Sponsored

Last edited: