Sponsored

Mr Bodykit GT350 style front conversion.

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
It's the windshield washer bottle.
I think on the real GT350s there is a brake cooling duct there that hides it.
Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
hahah oh wow I didn't realize that. Gotta paint it black then!!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Parts

Actually, the Washer Bottle on the 350 is shorter and almost rests on top of the right brake duct. Still mounts the same though.

Looking at your left brake duct area at the ACC Radar, have you had any problems with interference from the Mesh? Is it working normally?

Looks really nice JP. 350 Front End, Fender & Hood are the way the car should look. Glad to see people taking advantage of the options.

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Actually, the Washer Bottle on the 350 is shorter and almost rests on top of the right brake duct. Still mounts the same though.

Looking at your left brake duct area at the ACC Radar, have you had any problems with interference from the Mesh? Is it working normally?

Looks really nice JP. 350 Front End, Fender & Hood are the way the car should look. Glad to see people taking advantage of the options.
Thanks, JWS.
Since the ACC radar stayed with the bumper mount, they didn't have to touch it. It's a nice coincidence that it lines up perfectly in the opening in the lower grille. It still works perfectly. I think the only thing that would bug it is something metal. The grill mesh is just plastic.

Messing up operation of that was a big concern, since it was hard finding a car with it.
Was almost not going to order the bumper, but glad I did.

Still, though, I am regretting not going OEM.
The extra width of the OEM fenders is a subtle difference, but I notice it.

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I took the time to line up the front of my GT350 close to what he had, and then resized it, and put them side by side so you can see what differences there are. There are not many. But there are a few. I have to say they did a damn fine job.
CompareGT350_GT350LookAlike.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Thanks, Cobra.
So close, hard to justify spending the extra $$$ to swap out for OEM.
If only the hood wasn't so heavy!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, JWS.
Since the ACC radar stayed with the bumper mount, they didn't have to touch it. It's a nice coincidence that it lines up perfectly in the opening in the lower grille. It still works perfectly. I think the only thing that would bug it is something metal. The grill mesh is just plastic.

Messing up operation of that was a big concern, since it was hard finding a car with it.
Was almost not going to order the bumper, but glad I did.

Still, though, I am regretting not going OEM.
The extra width of the OEM fenders is a subtle difference, but I notice it.
Thanks. ACC was one of the few mods that didn’t come with my car. Installed the rest, but haven’t got the Reverse Backup Sensors working yet. Good to know the Radar will work. Unfortunately, may have the same software problems that the backup sensor had. Plus, I have to get a new windshield with the rain sensor and wiring harness.

I like the OEM 350 look, because it drops the nose a little lower, like what they’ve done with the 18s. The wider Fenders required a 1 Inch spacer to keep my LE Wheels.

As you said, there are a lot of parts that were needed to make the OEM work.

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Thanks. ACC was one of the few mods that didn’t come with my car. Installed the rest, but haven’t got the Reverse Backup Sensors working yet. Good to know the Radar will work. Unfortunately, may have the same software problems that the backup sensor had. Plus, I have to get a new windshield with the rain sensor and wiring harness.

I like the OEM 350 look, because it drops the nose a little lower, like what they’ve done with the 18s. The wider Fenders required a 1 Inch spacer to keep my LE Wheels.

As you said, there are a lot of parts that were needed to make the OEM work.
Have you been playing around with FORSCAN?
I know the digital LCD guys had a tough time with their high beams not working, but eventually they found the right code.

Yeah, the lower hood and wider fenders are the subtle differences that are bugging me.
I remember years ago, my best friend's mom made chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe calls for some salt.
She never put it in.
They tasted normal, but there was something off that was hard to put your finger on!

In the case of this, adding the salt means ordering about $6000 in parts!
;)

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
The lack of this little extra bit of fender is what's bugging me.
wider.jpg

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, once you start down the path, it just keeps getting more expensive.

Don’t have Forscan, but would like to. Would be a big help in trying to figure out the backup sensors and ACC. Had the local dealer tech do the As-Built Data to get the 350 Instrument Cluster to work. That immobilized the myford Colors and the Fog Light Indicator in the 350 Speedo that was working. At least I have Digital Speed in the Display now. Mode Switches don’t work. Need the 350 Mode Circuit Board. The Oil Pressure & Temp Gauges worked when plugged in. The tech also got the door Sills to Illuminate.

I have a Wire Harness that runs on top of the driver’s side inner fender, behind the cold air box, almost under the fender bolts, in Front of the Shock Tower. It doesn’t go anywhere. It has a Jumper/Shorting Plug. Do you have this, or is it part of the completed ACC Harness in your car?

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I'll have to look for that harness.

FORSCAN is free and very cool. You need a Bluetooth OBD scanner, $80.
I used it to disable the hyperblink after switching my front turn signals to leds.
There is a thread on here with a lot of information on the different codes.
Also...I've decided to stick with my front conversion!

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never even noticed that until you pointed it out. :)

The lack of this little extra bit of fender is what's bugging me.

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went from a 2015 Premium PP GT to the Shelby. Missing was the blind spot warning, the lighted sill, the ambient lighting, the seat memory. the backup warning. oh yeah, and no driving lights. :( Camera is still there of course and I got Sync 3. I wish when unplugging my phone from Android Auto that it would go back to what it was set to previously rather than the damn radio all the time. Grr... I have an Escape with Sync 3, and it does the same thing.

Unfortunately, once you start down the path, it just keeps getting more expensive.

Don’t have Forscan, but would like to. Would be a big help in trying to figure out the backup sensors and ACC. Had the local dealer tech do the As-Built Data to get the 350 Instrument Cluster to work. That immobilized the myford Colors and the Fog Light Indicator in the 350 Speedo that was working. At least I have Digital Speed in the Display now. Mode Switches don’t work. Need the 350 Mode Circuit Board. The Oil Pressure & Temp Gauges worked when plugged in. The tech also got the door Sills to Illuminate.

I have a Wire Harness that runs on top of the driver’s side inner fender, behind the cold air box, almost under the fender bolts, in Front of the Shock Tower. It doesn’t go anywhere. It has a Jumper/Shorting Plug. Do you have this, or is it part of the completed ACC Harness in your car?

OP
OP
JPJr

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I went from a 2015 Premium PP GT to the Shelby. Missing was the blind spot warning, the lighted sill, the ambient lighting, the seat memory. the backup warning. oh yeah, and no driving lights. :( Camera is still there of course and I got Sync 3. I wish when unplugging my phone from Android Auto that it would go back to what it was set to previously rather than the damn radio all the time. Grr... I have an Escape with Sync 3, and it does the same thing.

But, even though you are missing those things, you've still got a real Shelby!
Looks good in gray!

Thanks for posting the comparo pic with yours!
I'm good now with my aftermarket front.
It'd be too much $$ to just get that extra fender width!
Sponsored

Last edited: