Sponsored

Mounted a Fire Etinguisher

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Extinguisher in the trunk is probably better than on extinguisher at all.

Unlike first aid kit, safety triangle and reflective vests, which are required by all countries, some European countries don't require extinguishers. However, several mandate them even for cars that are just passing through (and they must be unexpired).

Normally the law translates something to the effect of, "must be within reach of the driver," or "must be within the driver's compartment." So, most often, it's up front. In practice, as with anything human, interpretation and inspection protocols vary. Some people mount it in the trunk--box checked.

For a long time, the one in this car sat unmounted behind the passenger seat. With the seat back, it didn't roll or bounce around at all. Now, after finally using the Brey Krause mount, I wish I had done it long ago. Mounted it on the passenger side, though it would have fit just as well under the driver's seat. It doesn't interfere at all with seat movement or the passenger's legs. To prevent rattling, I keep a strip of tape with a quick release loosely wrapped on the pin. Zero chance that it won't come off in if pulled.
Still, based on @RapidResponder's tip, I may get one of the fancy doo-hickies now.

Anyway, highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a roll cage and is looking to mount an extinguisher.
Ext.jpg

Ext-2.jpg

Edit: By the way, no drilling required.
Sponsored

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I am considering mounting one of these in the glove box or under my seat: https://elementfire.com/products/element-e50
Comes with a mounting clip. That could probably be attached easily in the glovebox somehow.

Don't forget, that it might not be something you will ever need to use on your car. Think about being a good Samaritan that is able to save someone from a burning wreck. A local story from my hometown: https://globalnews.ca/news/7442248/extinguishers-for-cindy/
Being able to put out a car fire completely or at least suppress it enough to gain a few minutes until rescue crews arrive can be enough to save someone's life. The heat from flames are just one threat, the toxic smoke that can engulf an occupant can do even more harm.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering mounting one of these in the glove box or under my seat: https://elementfire.com/products/element-e50
Comes with a mounting clip. That could probably be attached easily in the glovebox somehow.
I have been contemplating one of these as well. Most fires, if caught early, can be very easily extinguished by one of these. Best part is this extinguisher will not dump dry chemicals all over everything as result of extinguishment.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
In my line of work, the only people who have trunk mounted fire extinguishers, are cops. Son's a bitches like to run in and put out kitchen fires before we can get there, lol.
Damn cops. Lol.
Guess that’s why I’m not opposed to trunk mount since I’ve been driving around with one in my trunk for the last 25 years. Even in my undercover vehicle for the last 22 of those 25 years.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Damn cops. Lol.
Guess that’s why I’m not opposed to trunk mount since I’ve been driving around with one in my trunk for the last 25 years. Even in my undercover vehicle for the last 22 of those 25 years.
How many perfectly good structure fires have you prevented?

Dam cops :sunglasses:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It may not be a very common occurrence, but it's at least possible for you to come up on a car that's just beginning to catch fire. I've actually been there, although that was before I had the Mustang or an in-cabin mounting for it. Got it completely put out, too.

Norm

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
How many perfectly good structure fires have you prevented?

Dam cops :sunglasses:
More car fires than structure but yes, an easily accessible fire extinguisher is handy regardless of trunk or cab mount.

Been there done that. Fortunately not on a car I was driving.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Some people watch too many movies. Car fires don't just erupt into a ball of fire. I've put out a few car fires as a good samaritan and never even had to use a fire extinguisher. Most of the time, you have plenty of time.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
i have one in the glovebox. Was going to get the seat mount but think this is fine for now
Carbon: What is that thing called, I couldn't find it on the Web? Thanks in advance.