Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
As much as we loved the motorcycles
the knees were getting sore
I didn't enjoy baking in the sun
or freezing my ass off anymore.
Now we just set the automatic temp control
and just enjoy the road.
The extra luggage space is also a big plus!
3.jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I gave up riding motorcycles back in the 90s... every spring I'd get the urge... finally went out in '15 and satisfied it with a 'vert.

If the weather is permitting, I drop the top even when I don't feel like it.

I agree that riding at night with the top down and no music playing is tons of fun...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Nah, just not the same. Love my Ducati.
No I don't match colors. I actually hate having the same color.
Plus Ducatis only have one color for my model and I don't think Ford has that italian red I love about.
Monster 1200.jpg

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Distracted drivers have also driven me from motorcycling, just too many of them these days. The ragtop isn't the same, but it certainly helps a LOT.

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Have a white GT and a black Yamaha.

2009 FJR 1300.

It may be a little faster than the GT...
5527FA82-56DA-4962-86AE-5455759A628C.jpeg

Sponsored

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
I too have given up 45 yrs of motorcycles, and have switched to a 2018 GT Convertible. Now the wife wants to go with me!

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My eldest brother started on bikes as a teenager, first an Ariel 250, then a Royal Enfield 750. Then he started with cars, concurrently, and then got rid of the bike. Later he bought a BSA 441 single and a Norton Commando. Still later a Royal Enfield but didn't keep it, as I think it fell into the category, "sometimes it's not good to meet your heroes". For me, 14 years his junior, our mom always made it clear that she did not like him riding, so I promised I wouldn't ride, at least while she was around. Who knew she'd live to nearly 94, passing away just about a year ago. In any event, I'm not about to take it up now. In fact, one day I went on an errand in my MG Midget and when I came out, it had darkened up a bit so thought, "I'll just throw the top up". On the way home I stop at an intersection, in the now teeming rain storm, and a guy on a bike pulls up beside me in the left turn lane, looking very unhappy and thoroughly soaked. He glanced down at me and I nodded, trying very hard not to smile. I think that was about the time I decided I was quite happy with a convertible.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm definitely a fair-weather rider. If there's any chance of rain, it'll stay in the garage. I do see the odd guy on a bike in rainy or chilly temps but that's no fun at all so I don't get it.

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I’m a new member and just came across this thread. This is exactly why I chose a convertible over a fastback, which I much prefer the look of over the soft top. The feeling of driving with the top down more than makes up for it though!
24B2A583-AA7A-41A1-992E-5CDFC3CD0B40.jpeg
AB6557CB-214B-45B6-A4EB-BF60F1F00860.jpeg

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
In a good year, I could ride from the middle of March to early December. I would ride about 11k miles every year. My favorite ride was a Yamaha Venture. My wife and I would take a lot of week end trips on it. But, I started developing vertigo problems about 15 years ago. I just could not turn. Still can't, even on a bicycle. So, a convertible was a logical alternative. My GT is the first "large" convertible I have owned and it's taking some time to get used to it. But, I'm happy with it and the wife loves it.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
I think a lot of Mustang owners ride. There’s something about the two that just go together. Both the wife and I ride. Every time we go out, some retard tries hard to kill us, but no wrecks yet. Just took a ride today, and I’m still wowed by the power of even an old bike like mine, 03 1200 Bandit. I’ve annihilated an 80k z06 vette with my $3000 bike before. That’s pretty cool and would be hard to give up.

mikgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT California Special
I too found myself looking into a mustang convertible, after a long recovery from a motorcycle crash. A 70 something year old
gentleman decided to pop out in front of a stopped bus, blind to traffic.

My wife had only ridden with me on on occasion, and I'm so glad she wasn't on the back that night, but now we can go out together.

PACZ0Ld.jpg

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ouch on that mikgt … glad you survived with hopefully nothing permanent in damage to your body.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I too found myself looking into a mustang convertible, after a long recovery from a motorcycle crash. A 70 something year old
gentleman decided to pop out in front of a stopped bus, blind to traffic.

My wife had only ridden with me on on occasion, and I'm so glad she wasn't on the back that night, but now we can go out together.

PACZ0Ld.jpg
I feel like the convertible scratches the itch JUST ENOUGH that I don't cry every time I see others riding. Also feels amazing when you have 4 people with the top down. Just so much fun all around, the more the merrier.
IMG_5782.PNG

13268520_10206425511540943_1721474428375952622_o.jpg

I've looked at other convertibles, and they just don't look as good as the Mustang. The ones that do, are in super-car territory $$$
Sponsored

Last edited: