Sponsored

Motorcycles to Mustang Convertible

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
I've been riding for almost 25yrs. I really love riding off highway, to the point that I'm about ready to sell my KTM Adventure 1190R. (Anyone interested? LOL) I'll definitely keep the DRz400 though, and once my cousin buys it, I'll upgrade to a better dual sport. Gravel and dirt roads are the only place I ride anymore. I just can't take the amount of people with phones in their hands.

My wife is a physician, and hates that I ride. She loves our dates in the convertible...besides it messing up her hair. A friend of mine said it best, "90% of the fun of riding, without the hassle of gear and uneeded risk." This coming from a guy that's ridden to Deadhorse and Guatemala, SOLO!
IMG_20190828_131528_786.jpg
IMG_20190716_172904_038.jpg
Sponsored

AGR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Convertible, 2013 Explorer, 2018 Eco Sport, 2011 BMW GS650
Funny so many of us have the same reasons here. I have been a long time bike rider too but my wife, though she loves to go, is also very afraid when we are on the bike. I bought the Mustang with the promise I'd sell the bike. We both absolutely love the Mustang and she wants to go for a ride almost every night that it's nice. Bike never sold though so I guess I "have" to keep it.
BMW.jpg
Mustang.jpg

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I love being in the wind. Owned bikes since I was 15, some 49 years ago. Also have had boats, jet skis and convertibles. Most current bike is an 07 Ultra Classic but health issues have made it difficult to enjoy. Thus, I'm a new owner of a CPO 18 EcoBoost Premium convertible. WOW, such a nice, fun car and I'm back in the wind! Three weeks of ownership and the tops been up maybe twice.
Here it is next to the Harley
20190911_173530.jpg

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Is #1 a Tuono or the RSV4? I traded in the Moto Guzzi California cruiser on a new Suzuki GSX-S1000. What a hooligan bike! My first inline 4 and it sounds good but those V4's sound even better. Nice garage though!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Heh, I have a 2016 Tuono RR in blue with chip, Acro WSB exhaust, and every silly carbon fiber part including full size, race legal(?) belly pan. I have a brown Z900RS. My personal fork valving and an Nitron NTR1 shock and a Wilbers 841 on deck. and about 8 more... @sdiver68 let me know if you want to do something about those forks to go with the K-Tech Razor-R shock.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Is #1 a Tuono or the RSV4? I traded in the Moto Guzzi California cruiser on a new Suzuki GSX-S1000. What a hooligan bike! My first inline 4 and it sounds good but those V4's sound even better. Nice garage though!
It's a 2019 Tuono Factory. Thanks!

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Heh, I have a 2016 Tuono RR in blue with chip, Acro WSB exhaust, and every silly carbon fiber part including full size, race legal(?) belly pan. I have a brown Z900RS. My personal fork valving and an Nitron NTR1 shock and a Wilbers 841 on deck. and about 8 more... @sdiver68 let me know if you want to do something about those forks to go with the K-Tech Razor-R shock.
Wow, nice taste :sunglasses: Not pictured is my Ilmberger full CF bellypan which I ordered with the bike but still hasnt arrived from Germany now 11 weeks later.

The forks on the Z900 arent bad once you get the rear under control. Rode within 7 seconds of my GSXR600 full race bike times at Road America despite street tires vs slicks, ABS and being a little rusty from not racing that year. To be honest Ill probably sell the Z900, the Tuono has everything I need.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not pictured is my Ilmberger full CF bellypan which I ordered with the bike but still hasnt arrived from Germany now 11 weeks later.
Yup, that's the one. I have the very first one made. Ditto the CF intake tubes and other nose pieces. I can't claim credit though. The original owner did all that and $$$$$$$$. I picked his bike up for a song when he decided to move to a Duc Multistrada.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I started learning to ride around late 1968. My first love with motorcycles has been long distance touring. A buddy of mine and I checked off a bucket list item in June of 2017 with a round trip ride from the Texas Gulf Coast to Alaska and back. It was great but since then, I've been less and less motivated to get back on the bike. I've been feeling that coming on for a number of years now and I think it's finally coming to a head. I've been saying for a long time now that if I start loosing interest in riding, I'd probably get a convertible. I've got my GT ragtop now and am loving it. The bike hasn't seen a lot of mileage since so I'm very close to putting it up for sale. Still, there's a part of me that's not quite ready to part with the 2-wheeler but I'm thinking I'm probably not that far from it. We'll see.
Sponsored