Sponsored

Motor Trend Test 2020 Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 3.17 seconds (Video)

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Regardless of sound or anything else they dont like about it still ----that car hauls the mail .Anyone who denies that is Blind and in Denial !!!
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Isn’t the gt500 coming out next month to dealers? Surprised there is no review yet so close to being at dealers. We had many before the gt350 came out. Heck the c8 is still months out and mags are getting there hands on them.
Where hands?

There hands ...

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
And people claim im a troll for saying Fords Marketing department is an abortion................

Im so glad some people are getting it. And some that didnt before are waking up.

For the love of god running out of excuses here for the GT500.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For the love of god running out of excuses here for the GT500.
I haven't seen anyone making excuses for the GT500 just trolls who keep on piling hate on it because there real worried the GT500 is going to kick their supercars ass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
I haven't seen anyone making excuses for the GT500 just trolls who keep on piling hate on it because there real worried the GT500 is going to kick their supercars ass.
Seriously?

When the C8 Z06 comes out its game over for all but the Hypercars.

Mustang won't even be in the same sentence.

The C8 Z51 will be the 0-60MPH king, the 1/8th mile and up to 100MPH.

I believe the GT500 and the C8 Z51 both went to 100MPH in 7.6 seconds. So it takes the GT500 100MPH to finally catch the C8.

The GT500 will win the quarter-mile with most cars incl the Base C8 Z51.

The track is still out, all talk for now. 4,225lbs should scare anyone.

The only production cars capable of competing with a C8 Z06 will be exotics like the Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, etc...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously?

When the C8 Z06 comes out its game over for all but the Hypercars.

Mustang won't even be in the same sentence.

The C8 Z51 will be the 0-60MPH king, the 1/8th mile and up to 100MPH.
Seriously another troll to the defense of the supercar

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don’t think it’s being a troll to say the Z06 or the Zora will destroy basically a lot of 100,000 to 1.000,000+ Cars

They will, doesn’t mean the GT500 is a bad vehicle because it isn’t, it’s beautiful and should fly but let’s be honest

Comparing a GT500 to the upcoming Z06/Zora is just silly

And I own a Ford

Bottom line the upcoming C8’s
Z06/Zora are game changers

Pony cars, the GT is king

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I don’t think it’s being a troll to say the Z06 or the Zora will destroy basically a lot of 100,000 to 1.000,000+ Cars

They will, doesn’t mean the GT500 is a bad vehicle because it isn’t, it’s beautiful and should fly but let’s be honest

And I own a Ford

They have to be compared because some people will want to know how much performance you can get at what price.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

And I own a Ford

Your exactly right. To me Corvette has always been the top tier American SPORTS car. If they weren’t made for midgets. I’d probably own one. The Mustang was always the king of the hill pony car. With that said. All the chatter was about how will the GT500 do against the ZL1? Well now that it looks like the ZL1 isn’t going to fair very well. The goal posts get moved. Now the GT500 has to out perform a Zora? Really....Hell it looks like there won’t be a Camaro to even compare Mustangs to in a few years. So The Chevy guys that can barely afford a Camaro. All suddenly are going to buy Corvettes?:giggle:
Other than the prices of the C8 and the GT500 being close. These cars are not likely to be cross shopped. Light mid engine sports car. versus heavy front engine pony cars. I mean how many people cross shop a Hellcat and a Cayman? About the same price. Both can be had for mid $50s right now today! And can be optioned out to stupid money. Answer None! The Hard core Ford guys just gotta give the devil his due. The Corvette is incredible. Price, performance, you name it. All that doesn’t take away from the GT500.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your exactly right. To me Corvette has always been the top tier American SPORTS car. If they weren’t made for midgets. I’d probably own one. The Mustang was always the king of the hill pony car. With that said. All the chatter was about how will the GT500 do against the ZL1? Well now that it looks like the ZL1 isn’t going to fair very well. The goal posts get moved. Now the GT500 has to out perform a Zora? Really....Hell it looks like there won’t be a Camaro to even compare Mustangs to in a few years. So The Chevy guys that can barely afford a Camaro. All suddenly are going to buy Corvettes?:giggle:
Other than the prices of the C8 and the GT500 being close. These cars are not likely to be cross shopped. Light mid engine sports car. versus heavy front engine pony cars. I mean how many people cross shop a Hellcat and a Cayman? About the same price. Both can be had for mid $50s right now today! And can be optioned out to stupid money. Answer None! The Hard core Ford guys just gotta give the devil his due. The Corvette is incredible. Price, performance, you name it. All that doesn’t take away from the GT500.
I think the goal post was moved by Ford when the GT500 MSRP came in at $74K and $94K. In all fairness I don't think you can compare 2 cars when the manufacturer of one of said cars dumps 10 to 30 thousand extra dollars into it. That is why the GT500 will have to be compared to the Z06 and/or ZR1. Another thing I doubt you want to hear is that I don't think the goal post was actually moved at all. Most Camaro guys are eagerly anticipating a GT500 vs ZL1 match up. Most of them have already acknowledged that the GT500 will be faster in the quarter mile while they believe the Zs will dominate around a track. And these cars are being cross shopped. I've been following them very closely throughout all social media and there are lots of Mustang guys who switched over and are buying C8s due to price and other reasons. So your statements are not completely accurate. I get the point of what you're trying to say. But it seems a bit off.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think the goal post was moved by Ford when the GT500 MSRP came in at $74K and $94K. In all fairness I don't think you can compare 2 cars when the manufacturer of one of said cars dumps 10 to 30 thousand extra dollars into it. That is why the GT500 will have to be compared to the Z06 and/or ZR1. Another thing I doubt you want to hear is that I don't think the goal post was actually moved at all. Most Camaro guys are eagerly anticipating a GT500 vs ZL1 match up. Most of them have already acknowledged that the GT500 will be faster in the quarter mile while they believe the Zs will dominate around a track. And these cars are being cross shopped. I've been following them very closely throughout all social media and there are lots of Mustang guys who switched over and are buying C8s due to price and other reasons. So your statements are not completely accurate. I get the point of what you're trying to say. But it seems a bit off.
So based on price alone. The comparison must be made? Let’s be honest. Chevy guys know as well as I do. They are going to get their asses handed to them in a drag race. That’s a simple power to weight calculation. And now that videos are starting to leak out. Of the GT500s track performance. They’ve gone silent about the ZLe’s track dominance. They were so sure of 6 months ago. Whatever you’ve been following closely. Doesn’t appear to be showing up on this forum? I haven’t read of a single guy that’s said. I want my GT500 deposit money back. So I can run out and get a C8 Vette instead. If your aware of someone. Please point them out to me. As far as Zo6s or Zoras. They won’t even be offer for another year or two. Going off of Corvettes past releases of special edition vettes. First year-base and grand sport. Year two-Zo6. Year three-Zr1, Zora or whatever alphabet soup GM wants to name their products.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will give the Corvette it's due it is a great performance car up there with the best but what I have a problem with is all you GM lovers dumping on the GT500 or any Mustang because you have and axe to grind with Ford. If you want to compare performance figures of the two that's fine but to come on this Mustang forum and call the Mustang and GT500 pieces of shit I will call you out as the troll you are.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So based on price alone. The comparison must be made?
You said the goal posts were moved. I said that is because the GT500 costs $10K to $30K more and it will be compared to cars in the same price arena. That is not a difficult concept to understand. It would be like comparing a ZL1 to an Ecoboost Mustang and a Mustang GT based on the pricing difference.
Let’s be honest. Chevy guys know as well as I do. They are going to get their asses handed to them in a drag race. That’s a simple power to weight calculation.
That is what I just said. Have you seen or read or heard anyone denying that the GT500 will win in the quarter mile? Because you sound as if that is something people are debating.
So based on price alone. The comparison must be made? Let’s be honest. Chevy guys know as well as I do. They are going to get their asses handed to them in a drag race. That’s a simple power to weight calculation. And now that videos are starting to leak out. Of the GT500s track performance. They’ve gone silent about the ZLe’s track dominance. They were so sure of 6 months ago.
Please post that info here. I'd like to see what everyone's take is.
Whatever you’ve been following closely. Doesn’t appear to be showing up on this forum? I haven’t read of a single guy that’s said. I want my GT500 deposit money back. So I can run out and get a C8 Vette instead. If your aware of someone. Please point them out to me. As far as Zo6s or Zoras. They won’t even be offer for another year or two. Going off of Corvettes past releases of special edition vettes. First year-base and grand sport. Year two-Zo6. Year three-Zr1, Zora or whatever alphabet soup GM wants to name their products.
This isn't the only social media platform. Plenty of C8 Facebook groups and forums have people who were shopping for a GT500 and switched over. I never said people were asking for money back. Maybe they were just interested in one and changed their mind. Or it could have been that the GT500 price turned them off or the markups. Whatever. I don't profess to know all that because I don't ask. But the buzz is that there are lots of cross shoppers who decided on the C8. I follow posts and threads and it seems to come up often that lots of people are deciding on the C8.
Sponsored