Sponsored

Motor trend car of the year

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I really liked the KBB review because it showed how much fun the car was to drive. Hope this isn't a repost.
Yeah, it's a repost :)

Regarding the MT review, I try to sort hyperbole from what I experience because some of it comes from what someone might value from a higher level performance driving capability than me. I have mainly autocross experience on which to base what is "high performance", and I'm not at a skill level that can wring out the 10/10th on a road course.

That all said, when says it has "some chintzy interior components", I smile a bit because that person might not have lived with multiple generations of the Mustang. I've watched the interior get better materials and assembly now since 1995.

I take what's said with a grain of salt and recognize that MT writers are less likely to influence my opinion as opposed to actual owners like on this fine forum.

I have the base "sucky" suspension, and it's fine for me in how I use the car.
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They think a Mustang is poor value? What are they smoking?
My V6 is in the shop right now getting body work done. The sticker price on it was something like $23k

My loaner car is a Nissan Sentra base model. 1000 miles on it. Sticker price is a little over $18k. 125 hp, no options. The seat doesn't even go up and down. Piece of crap in every way.

Jump all the way to the Bullitt or the GT350 and you have cars that match the performance and handling of cars double their price. I'd say Mustang is about the best value car you can buy throughout the entire range.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Really? Can some explain why Angus Mackenzie feels this way?....
Angus MacKenzie is an Australian.

Australians grow up knowing for a fact that Yankee cars often go fast in a straight line, but they can't corner and they can't handle rough roads.

The Japanese and Europeans can build vehicles that turn corners, the Yanks can't. That's just how it is.
Sponsored