Sponsored

Mothers CMX Ceramic

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
First off, I never paid to have any of my cars ceramic coated. Know a lot of people that have. Just used this on my pretty much virgin paint 18 stang and very impressed. Easy to apply and wipe off.

https://mothers.com/collections/cmx
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
First off, I never paid to have any of my cars ceramic coated. Know a lot of people that have. Just used this on my pretty much virgin paint 18 stang and very impressed. Easy to apply and wipe off.

https://mothers.com/collections/cmx
There are a number of wipe on, wipe off ceramic products on the market now. I'm sure that the majority of them do an excellent job and are easy to use. That said, comparing them to professionally applied products is an apples/oranges affair.

First off is prep work which is the majority of the cost for a pro applied coating. Even my brand new Oxford White 19' required a lot more prep than I believed "virgin" paint would require. So assuming that you spent the same amount of time prepping your car and following all the steps the pros do, you then have the coating itself.

The main advantage to a pro coating this longevity. All of these products, pro, consumer, & spray on will give you a great shine. They will also bead water very well. The difference is time. My pro applied coating in now 1 1/2 years old and looks and washes the same as the first day I got it. Now I also use a maintenance spray 4 times a year and a detail spray after washing but that's it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it all yourself. I'm sure your car looks fantastic. And if you have time, patience, and skill you're going to save a lot of money. But, for some of us, it's just easier to let a pro do it.

OP
OP
IrishStallion

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
People can pay for professional ceramic coats based off their needs and wallets. I personally know the owner of high end shop that provides these services. The paint correction and starting condition of the paint before the treatment is where a majority of the labor/time is spent.

My car was purchased and brought home barely 30 days after it’s production date. I have used nothing but new microfiber towels and hydrophobic spray on wipe off products. Car has never set outside thus my “virgin paint” comment. Pretty happy with results from a $20 bottle of product. Cheers!
Sponsored