Sponsored

Most quiet aftermarket exhaust?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Great suggestion. Didn’t think of that. I might just have to get used to it though and save up for the Rousch active. I don’t want to lose a single digit of HP constricting all the time. That’s why I thought active exhaust feature was so great. I just can’t wait for my special order anymore. It’s not that I don’t like it a little loud, its just when going 25 mph in normal drive mode people think you wanna race. A little embarrassing. But the looks of the car will give me a little pride.
I have a 21 Mach 1, active exhaust standard. At normal street speeds, it is not loud. What gear were you in while doing 25 mph?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Borla Touring is the quietest. Sounds beautiful though.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Get the cat-back system from a Tesla or a Leaf..... those are really quiet.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The 15-17 stock exhaust is the only exhaust I'm aware of that's quieter than stock 18+. I was surprised at the cold start volume of the 18+ stock exhaust but once the car warmed up I didn't hear it at all while cruising. Only when accelerating. Nobody ever thought I wanted to race.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
You may be able to find a shop that will install some bottle resonators for you.

The pre-facelift exhaust is also a good suggestion. All you need is the 2 rear mufflers. The resonator Is the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mpelon

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Thanks for all the comments and input everyone. I picked up my GT/CS today and drove it home (dealer was 60 miles from home!), you were all right. It’s not too loud. I think yesterday when I test drove it, it was rush hour in a town I had never been in before and I was flooring it to get into the a spot in traffic here and there and didn’t know the pedal yet. On the way home today I used my common sense and used the gas pedal a lot smarter, she moves just fine without flooring it. Lol. I think I was just being stupid nervous. It’s all good now and it was great to drive home. I even got in my driveway without scraping! Was worried about that too. Love the car.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You may be able to find a shop that will install some bottle resonators for you.

The pre-facelift exhaust is also a good suggestion. All you need is the 2 rear mufflers. The resonator Is the same.
Resonators won't help loudness at cold start.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the comments and input everyone. I picked up my GT/CS today and drove it home (dealer was 60 miles from home!), you were all right. It’s not too loud. I think yesterday when I test drove it, it was rush hour in a town I had never been in before and I was flooring it to get into the a spot in traffic here and there and didn’t know the pedal yet. On the way home today I used my common sense and used the gas pedal a lot smarter, she moves just fine without flooring it. Lol. I think I was just being stupid nervous. It’s all good now and it was great to drive home. I even got in my driveway without scraping! Was worried about that too. Love the car.
Now you're making sense! In a few months you will be asking about aftermarket setups to get a little louder. :crackup: Congrats!

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
LTH Scorpion exhaust is mellow and deep in tone. Corsa active exhaust actually sounds mellow inside the cabin.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I special ordered a 2021 GT Premium with active exhaust but the shut downs for microchips and gas leak wore my patience. So I found a 2021 GT California Special I am buying tomorrow and put the down payment down already. I get that a lot of Mustang people love the loud sound but I don’t prefer it so loud (test drove it). This GT Cali Spec doesn’t come with active exhaust. What would be the best quiet exhaust to replace the stock with, without gouging my wallet? The Rousch active exhaust is almost $3k!!! That’s crazy! Gotta have my Mustang but need it a little quieter. Any help will be much appreciated.
Sounds like you're looking for a resonator delete on the stock active exhaust. The second most quiet exhaust would be a Borla. Please send me a message or give us a call if you have anymore questions. 1.877.253.8425

OP
OP
mpelon

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Sounds like you're looking for a resonator delete on the stock active exhaust. The second most quiet exhaust would be a Borla. Please send me a message or give us a call if you have anymore questions. 1.877.253.8425
I appreciate it but now that I’m driving it around it is perfect. Sounds great.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Look into the xforce varex system. It has a resonated x-pipe and the mufflers have valves in them to control sound. With it open I have a nice deep rumble. And with it closed its quieter than stock. And that's with longtubes and high flow cats.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Stock is super quiet. The only thing quieter I could think of is swapping the stock suit case resonator for the MF Tru X. It's actually a bit quieter than stock and will give it a slightly better tone.
Sponsored