Most 2019’s no Recaro seats?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The bolstering is great, but limited due to the dimensions. It would be a good idea to have either adjustable side bolsters (I know, more weight and $), or two different width Recaro seats... just a thought.
I lost 15% of my body weight and fit great now... talk about an incentive to keep the weight off!
The trick to the loss was SOOOOO simple............ I gave up BEER!
OK Recaro... read this thread and go to the drawing board. There is a lot of folks with money who would be interested I believe.
Sponsored

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at 2019’s most have the optional leather sports seats.
Were the Recaro seats not available?
I would like those seats as it goes with the car better, in my opinion.
Hope fully I’m buying one this coming week and yes 2019 but NO Recaro seats

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I’m 150lb slim guy. I fit in Recaro seat no problem. But I wouldn’t give up my leather trim, heated/cooling power adjustable seat. I like them better. Due to alcantara inserts in the middle, these seats are holding driver in the corners very good.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Two years ago, I test drove a 2017 GT350 and the Recaros were tight. Two years ago, I was 185 lbs. and only 5'-8" tall. They were very snug.
I bought the 2019 GT350 with the Recaro seats and when I took delivery, I was 160 lbs. and obviously still only 5'-8" tall.
The seats fit like a glove and there is no "snugness", they are perfect.
The 95th percentile male is approximately 6'-1" and 215 lbs... there is NO WAY the 95th percentile male is going to fit in those seats as well as I do, let alone all of the folks who have enjoyed good food and drink and have exceeded the 95th percentile stat.
Those seats are for the minority of buyers.
I'm 6' 3.5" and 210. I don't think I'm especially overweight. Still don't fit comfortably in the Recaros. At the track attack I was able to fit into them, but the seat base is narrower than my hips. I have no problem with the side bolsters on the lower back though. Generally when I sit in a Recaro that hasn't been beat down by lots of drivers I have to sit on top of the seat bolsters.

I took my '19 to the track this last weekend with the non-recaro seats.. I was having a hell of a time shifting while sliding all over. They are great on the street, but really not-great on the track. I'll definitely be trying to get some type of harness like the quick fit for my next event. I was able to sit in one of the recaros from another shelby this weekend first time trying them, and while I fit (I'm 6'2 235) they were snug, which I guess they should be, but I feel like they would get old after a while on the street if you drive the car a lot. Hopefully the harness works or I might be looking into a swappable track seat!!
If you're anything like me, no matter how snug of a fit you are in the Recaros you will have to work hard to hold yourself in position in the seat unless you have a harness and pull it TIGHT. And I'm sure it's worse in the sofa seats with just a seat belt. I got a roll bar and harness before I went to the track due to my experiences at the track attack in Utah. I had to tighten my harness at the track attack a few times before I got it tight enough where I could relax behind the wheel properly. And I found that with a tight harness I could relax the same way on track with the sofa seats in my personal GT350.

Don't worry. Get a good harness and you will be fine. But the harness will have to be tight.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6' 3.5" and 210. I don't think I'm especially overweight. Still don't fit comfortably in the Recaros. At the track attack I was able to fit into them, but the seat base is narrower than my hips.
I am 6' 1" 212 lbs. I need to lose a few pounds.

I had the same type-seat in my vintage race car. It was tight but not uncomfortable. I like the Recaro design.
2019GT350MSRP.jpg

I also raced a 1965 Mustang for 20+ years. It had the same seat that kept me directly in the seat. The seat was bolted to the roll cage. I had a 6-point harness with a Hans device.

65RA2008.jpg

It seems to me that the current GT350 was made for the track so Ford had standard equipment with the Recaro (track) seats. The sofa seats were an option.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
6', 230lbs, 38" waist and I absolutely love my Recaro seats.

Now I can't carry a large wallet or it will cause hip pain, but without I can drive for hours comfortably snd they hold me pretty well. With a full set of harnesses it would be even better.

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Went with the sofa seats on my ‘19. It’s my daily and I cover about 100 miles a day. Also cooled seats in Texas are a slice of paradise.

I’ve taken the car to one track day but it was my first one and I didn’t think to pretension the seatbelt before going out.:facepalm: So I was sliding around quite a bit. Will probably get quick-fit harnesses eventually anyways and don’t expect the seat to be an issue anymore.

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Milk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Having had both in different cars I will say this....The bolstering is snug and will keep in your seat but for a DD or someone who doesnt track the car (imo) the sofa seats are a long term comfort solution. Heated and cooled seats are pretty nice.
Sponsored