Most 2019’s no Recaro seats?

OP
OP

Landsteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Based on the posts here, I should consider the leather sport seats also.
I briefly sat in the Recaro seat and never tried the leather sport seats.
Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
OMG! I’m crying over here. I sat in them when I was purchasing my new GT 350 and said, not a chance. Recaros all the way

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
A real photo of the leather/alcantara seats for a 17. Anyone calling these sofa seats must not have been alive in the 70s or they would know what a real sofa seat is.

IMG_4462_zpsyrfpbpuq.jpg

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I really like the regular seats in the GT350, They remind me of upgraded 03/04 Cobra seats, Which IMO are the perfect seats for a street car.

Sponsored

TexBB

'18 GT350 Leadfoot Grey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, chassis J0859
Convenience package on 2018s was $3000. Technology package on 2019s and 2020s is $2000. Adding $500 for the seats, you are still $500 ahead. Of course, the MSRP itself for 2019 went up, so there's that.

Yes, I noticed this too, when I was waiting for my 2019 (with Recaros). At first, I thought they were building those with sofa seats first and that's why mine wasn't being scheduled although I placed my order way early. Then I realized that most of the 2019s were ordered with sofa seats.
2018 tech package was $3000. 2018 convenience pkg (included all features of tech package) was $3000. Deciding to get convenience seats in 2018 was free - no cost.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny that the best performing Base GT 350 to date, with all of the new gizmos moving it closer in performance to the R version is primarily outfitted with the comfy seat.
I am confused.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Different strokes for different folks.

If the R is the most track focused, sure Recaros make sense. So if the base 350 is supposed to be more street friendly and likely to have more owners with daily / off track driving, why not comfy seats? Personally I find the comfy seats no less grippy with the suede inserts and they do not require me taking Advil after a drive. The only thing that matters is what you spend your money on makes sense to you. If others choose differently, you do not need to understand them, unless you pony up the $$$ for the decision they made.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I know where a 2020 loaded sans the fat boy seats will be available at the end of this month. It's one I ordered when I decided to get an R instead. FPB, black stripes, black roof, tech and handling packs, car cover. PM if you're interested.

The reason I started off ordering a 2020 was the lack of supply of base models with the stock recaro's with the options I was looking for. So I ordered the 2020 base and then changed my mind. It is being built now and will be delivered to a dealer in Texas end of next month approx.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Funny that the best performing Base GT 350 to date, with all of the new gizmos moving it closer in performance to the R version is primarily outfitted with the comfy seat.
I am confused.
It is because 99% of people are posers and don't ever actually use their car as it was intended to be used. People want to own something cool and that makes their "dick" look bigger to other gear heads. Nothing wrong with that of course. It's why we all drive around in Track mode!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am confused.
You will find that if you drive the GT350 hard on track you will need harnesses to get the most out of the car. And you will want the harness pulled super tight - even with the Recaros.

I had a tech pack GT350 with the "sofa" seats. With a harness pulled tight and sitting in the "sofa" seat, you are held in place just as well as if you were sitting in a Recaro.

Plus the "sofa" seats are better for driving on the street with their adjustable lumbar support plus heating and cooling. Basically in my opinion the best setup is sofa seats and then bolt in a roll bar and harnesses for track days. It doesn't look racy at Cars and Coffee, but it's very functional for mostly street plus occasional track use.

I don't fit in the Recaros well, and some people might say I'm fat. However, my fat is in my belly and I've never figured out how my belly is going to interfere with sitting. Must be a neat trick sitting on your belly. The whole you must be fat thing irritates me.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
You will find that if you drive the GT350 hard on track you will need harnesses to get the most out of the car. And you will want the harness pulled super tight - even with the Recaros.

I had a tech pack GT350 with the "sofa" seats. With a harness pulled tight and sitting in the "sofa" seat, you are held in place just as well as if you were sitting in a Recaro.

Plus the "sofa" seats are better for driving on the street with their adjustable lumbar support plus heating and cooling. Basically in my opinion the best setup is sofa seats and then bolt in a roll bar and harnesses for track days. It doesn't look racy at Cars and Coffee, but it's very functional for mostly street plus occasional track use.

I don't fit in the Recaros well, and some people might say I'm fat. However, my fat is in my belly and I've never figured out how my belly is going to interfere with sitting. Must be a neat trick sitting on your belly. The whole you must be fat thing irritates me.
If your fat your waste size is bigger. Not just your belly. It would be a diameter issue. So, in other words, you just have a larger diameter and you don't fit in the seat. That doesn't sound as offensive.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 6'-3" and 220, which is obese says my Doc. I fit really well in the Recaro seats, however. Maybe because I'm squeezed in them like a hot dog. My wife really loves them and she never compliments seating in any car I have ever owned.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If your fat your waste size is bigger. Not just your belly. It would be a diameter issue. So, in other words, you just have a larger diameter and you don't fit in the seat. That doesn't sound as offensive.
The problem is the hip/thigh bolsters, not the waist. And no, I don't have a fat A$$.
body 2016.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: