Mosmatic Pressure Washing Accessories

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If you are really into washing your car, you will most likely want to have a pressure washer setup that is tailored to the task at hand. The gun and wand supplied with all pressure washers are bulky and too long for ergonomic and efficient car washing. This is where upgrading to a couple of key items will transform the user experience.

I have been running MTM gear on my Kranzle pressure washer since I took delivery of it last year, including the SGS 28 short gun, wand and nozzle tips. While I have added these to a pretty high end machine, these parts can be adapted to most pressure washers on the market.

Having used these items for a while now, I wanted to make a couple of key improvements of my setup.

The first was a new wand, the Obsessed Garage spec Mosmatic wand.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...ts/mosmatic-og-spec-stainless-steel-bent-wand

IMG_0796.jpg

Compared to the MTM wand, pictured at the bottom of the above pic, the OG spec wand is lighter, has better quick connects and a soft touch grip instead of the hard plastic.

IMG_0792.jpg

The OG wand also has no rubber protector fitted as this role is left to the next item, OG spec Mosmatic nozzle tips.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...ns/products/complete-mosmatic-nozzle-assembly

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

These OG Spec Mosmatic Nozzle tips are shrouded in a rubber boot to prevent damage if, for some reason, it doesn't seat in the quick connect socket. I ordered both 25 degree (for wheels) and 40 degree (for bodywork) tips.

Compared to the MTM tips, the OG spec items are less fiddly and therefore easier to put on the gun and remove when swapping over to the foam cannon. They also have a more defined output, especially the 40 degree tip.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

As mentioned, these items can be adapted for use with most pressure washers, and while expensive, will most likely outlast the machines they are attached to.

Only problem now is I want the OG spec Mosmatic gun too. :facepalm:

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...pec-high-pressure-sprayer-w-quick-disconnects

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Only problem now is I want the OG spec Mosmatic gun too.
As usual, a GREAT writeup, Deyon and I couldn't agree more. OG does know how to build the perfect setup. As for the gun, you'll have one eventually, of that I'm certain. :-)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As usual, a GREAT writeup, Deyon and I couldn't agree more. OG does know how to build the perfect setup. As for the gun, you'll have one eventually, of that I'm certain. :-)
Um, cough, well, cough...................................... :wink: :giggle:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I always seem to learn the hard way, D. :-) I find it sad that so many retailers so often diverge from their mission statement and OG is a good example. Some of the offerings like Kranzle and Mosmatic, etc., are top-notch but others have a much higher profit margin unfortunately.

On another subject that I don't recall has come up recerntly...detailing brushes. All I have ever had are inexpensive brushes. They don't last and I'm tired of replacing them every time I turn around.

So, I'll ask the expert...what is your goto detailing brush/brushes, D?

1631104346875.png

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yep, I always seem to learn the hard way, D. :-) I find it sad that so many retailers so often diverge from their mission statement and OG is a good example. Some of the offerings like Kranzle and Mosmatic, etc., are top-notch but others have a much higher profit margin unfortunately.

On another subject that I don't recall has come up recerntly...detailing brushes. All I have ever had are inexpensive brushes. They don't last and I'm tired of replacing them every time I turn around.

So, I'll ask the expert...what is your goto detailing brush/brushes, D?

1631104346875.png
I have had trouble with those brushes too.
More on brushes here -
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/detailing-brushes.165050/

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great thread, I've had the SGS 28 for a few months now and it was a nice upgrade over my cheap and cheerful one.

Definitely looking in to some of these accessories!

What benefits do the wands bring to the party? Other than the obvious reaching over the top of taller cars? Better for wheel arches? Can you get the underside of the chassis? Engine bay?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
More on brushes here
Thanks D, I remembered your post but there are SO many messages on these boards that it's extremely difficult to search for something.

I'm gonna give the CG's plastic-handled brushes a shot.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Great thread, I've had the SGS 28 for a few months now and it was a nice upgrade over my cheap and cheerful one.

Definitely looking in to some of these accessories!

What benefits do the wands bring to the party? Other than the obvious reaching over the top of taller cars? Better for wheel arches? Can you get the underside of the chassis? Engine bay?
For a car like a Mustang, a wand is not an absolute necessity.

For higher vehicles, like SUV's or pickups, I find having a wand useful at getting a better reach of the roof. A wand may also be useful at getting right into the barrel of dirty wheels. I also find having a wand attached allows the user to stand further back from the vehicle, potentially preventing any splash back.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So for the Mosmatic Tips, since I use two tips, "white" for the body, "green" for the wheels, I would still need to purchase two separate tips?

I purchased the MTM Wand a few months ago, and I thought it would improve the coverage of my car, considering I'm not a tall person, but I've found that just using the Gun by itself is just as sufficient. However, I think it does help for cleaning the undercarriage, as I don't have to bend down as much, or lay on the ground to clean that area.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jay: If you go the OG route, the two rubber-protected tips available to my knowledge are a 25 and a 40 degree. Do you need both? Certainly not however, I personally do use both with 25 being for wheels and wheel wells and the 40 for everything else which sounds like your routine as well with white and green.

I like the "stand off" protection of the wand when I'm spraying the upper surfaces. Too easy for a short chidt like me to lean over, lose my balance, and scrape the gun handle or foam cannon against the paint. Conversely, I'm sitting down when I do wheels and never use anything but the gun plus foam cannon and 25 degree tip for foaming and rinsing of wheels, tires, and wheel wells.

I love the rubber hoods on both tips and they have saved me a number of times. I would not want to go back to using the MTM tips that are aching to scratch your paint. :-)

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this information. I guess I need to read up on those tips, for I thought it was just one size.

With the current tips, the Green tip is primarily for the wheels, and the White tip is for the body of the car.

My wand has that Black covering on it, and that's probably why I got confused.

And it looks as if I will need to mark them to help distinguish between the two sizes.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Doesn't it say in the manual NOT to wash your car with a pressure washer?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I don't recall if it does or does not but my guess would be that if they did say "pressure washer" they meant "gas-powered" pressure washer. Those have outputs in the 3000psi range while the usual "car washing" electric pressure washers are in the 1000-1700psi range. IMHO, almost no risk of paint damage exists with an electric but that is most certainly not true of the ICE pressure washers. You can use them, but you'd have to keep the tip about five feet from the vehicle. :-)

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
I've been using a Greenworks 1800psi Electric Pressure Washer since the beginning of 2020. I upgraded the hose to an M Mingle 50ft Hose. GPM is low for this particular washer when compared to higher-end models, and this needs to be taken into consideration should you want to upgrade your Spray Gun.

I upgraded from the Gun/Wand that came with this Pressure Washer to an MTM Hydro 14.5005 Snub Gun Foam Cannon. I installed the 1.1 mm Orifice which compensates for the lower GPM, and also produces a much thicker Foam Output.

A few weeks after purchasing this car back at the end of March, I upgraded to the MTM PF 22.2 Foam Cannon. I finally witnessed why these are highly recommended. It wasn't the newly styled container, or the thick foam, but for me it was the conservation of Soap/Water compared to my older cannon.

So now I use both Foam Cannons with my washing Routine. I use Gyeon Foam with the older cannon to coat the car for a Pre-Wash. I use the newer cannon with Gyeon Bathe to coat the car in preparation for a Hand Wash.

As stated before, the White 40 Degree Tip can be safely used on the body of the car, and a respectable distance, whereas the Green 25 Degree Tip is safe for the Wheels.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So for the Mosmatic Tips, since I use two tips, "white" for the body, "green" for the wheels, I would still need to purchase two separate tips?

I purchased the MTM Wand a few months ago, and I thought it would improve the coverage of my car, considering I'm not a tall person, but I've found that just using the Gun by itself is just as sufficient. However, I think it does help for cleaning the undercarriage, as I don't have to bend down as much, or lay on the ground to clean that area.
I use 25 degree (green) tips for wheels and 40 degree (white) for bodywork.

25 degree MTM -

IMG-9531.jpg

IMG-9535.jpg

40 degree Mosmatic -

IMG-0933.jpg

The advantage of the Mosmatic tips is that they are shrouded in rubber. Even with a rubber shroud, the MTM items don't provide any protection -

IMG-0796-2.jpg

The only disadvantage of the Mosmatic tips is there are no clear visual difference between the two output angles like the colored MTM items. Cost is also a big difference, one single MTM tip is about $6.00 compared to $50.00 for a Mosmatic. The counter to that is the Mosmatic's have a higher quality look and feel as well as more defined outputs.
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...ion/products/mtm-40-degree-4-0-orifice-nozzle
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/coll...on/products/complete-mosmatic-nozzle-assembly