Sponsored

Morimotos new S550 side by side tail light

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Here’s a little video I did on the new s550 morimoto tail lights on our 2022 Shelby GT 500.

I tried to do a nice side-by-side so you can see what the lights look I think they clean the car up a ton

these are plug and play and took maybe 20 minutes on a first time install. That was with having to remove the sub as well that is in the Shelby, without the sub it would move a little bit quicker. I’d say about 12 minutes all you need is a half inch socket and a 10 mm

These are now off of backorder and in stock for your 15-22 S550 Mustang. Fits all years and models.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Look great! Now make them smoked! Lol

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
The red is not as bright. I would rather it was as bright as oem as it is drivers rear end cars.
This is what gets me about people who completely black out their tail lights. They're just asking to be rear ended. Nobody pays attention as it is, and you want to make that worse?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
This is what gets me about people who completely black out their tail lights. They're just asking to be rear ended. Nobody pays attention as it is, and you want to make that worse?
I mean it looks good, but I would not do it. I want them bright as can be. even a few flashes before going solid so the yoyo with face in phone might notice the brake lights.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I want to go to the Euro style on my shadow black, but I like some of the other designs better.

Sponsored

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Sorry but these are extremely disappointing , less brilliance, crummy brake, turn and hazard, if these look better to anyone viewing this video I can't understand why. could the video not have captured the true vibrance and color that you see in person? maybe... but I don't see how,, anyway just a seller pushing how great something is with such poor video proof is beyond me. I like the idea of the white lenses, and the yellow/amber turn signals, but I would not consider these due to the video.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Someone in the marketing department at Morimoto gets an F.

The entire marketplace is full of 2015-2017 mustang owners who prefer and like the C shape of the 2018+ lights and they pay to either upgrade them to OEM or buy the Euro style. The straight style are much less popular.

To my point, you can't sell a pair of OEM 2015-2017 lights for more than $100 and it's usually to someone who's just wanting a single replacement/broken tail.

Generally people who break a light are spending the extra money to buy the 2018+ style lights and so the sale price of the 2015-2017 is almost giveaway.

If they had done any marketing research, they'd have found that the C shape lights are much more popular.

That aside, hopefully these lights are higher quality/durability which is also a potential selling point as the Euro style aftermarket lights are notorious for problems.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Red tails are so much nicer!