ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Hi all,

Just continuing to photo document the mods I'm doing in case any of that is helpful for folks considering the same mods themselves. Next batch that I did last weekend before Snowmaggedon hit:

1 - I got the Roush trunk toolkit and mounted it. Starting condition - first step is to remove the bumpers and pushpins.

Toolkit Start.jpg

Cover removed, ready to drill holes for the brackets.

Toolkit Cover Off.jpg

Note for anybody doing this - do NOT just trust the printed templates. It's quite difficult to really align paper with slots cut in it. I taped the templates up, got them more or less positioned, then test fit the brackets. I also measured between the mounting holes on the toolkit, and ensured that the bracket mounting positions ended up having the appropriate spacing between the bolts. It took several test fits and adjustments before I was ready to drill. I also finished mounting one side, then did another test fit and measurement to the other bracket before mounting it. Take your time folks...

Brackets mounted:

Toolkit Brackets.jpg

Hard part is now done. The templates for cutting the cover were relatively close - once I pushed the studs through, I just had to relieve the slots a little bit to one side to get the cover properly aligned.

Toolkit Cover On.jpg

Spacers installed:

Toolkit Spacers.jpg

Mount the toolkit on the studs:

Toolkit Mounted.jpg

et voila! Toolkit mounted.

Toolkit Open.jpg

Toolkit Finished.jpg

2 - Next up - Redline hood struts. Overall, a pretty easy install with just ONE catch. The part numbers in the instructions indicated the wrong bracket for driver and passenger side. Matching up the brackets with the illustration resulted in switching them and it was smooth sailing thereafter. Mounting the passenger hood bracket means pulling out the pushpin for the windshield washer hose, undoing one bolt, bolting on the bracket, then pushing the pin back in.

Hood Strut Passenger Bracket.jpg

Driver side is just one bolt.

Hood Strut Driver Bracket.jpg

Fender mounts are identical on each side, you just have to fish the base in through existing holes and tighten the bolts.

Hood Strut Passenger Bottom Bracket.jpg

Hood Strut Driver Bottom Bracket.jpg

Modification of the battery cover is simple. Mark, drill a pilot hole, enlarge the hole, and then I cut the slot so the cover can be removed with struts in place.

Hoot Strut Battery Cover.jpg

...and mounted.

Hood Strut Battery Cover On.jpg

Pop the struts on and done!

Passenger Hood Strut.jpg

Driver Hood Strut.jpg

Hood Struts.jpg

3 - Final, and easiest, mod - the Gurney flap. Four simple bolts, new longer bolts came with the flap.

Gurney Flap underside.jpg

Gurney Flap side.jpg

Gurney Flap rear.jpg

That's all for now. As always, more to come!

Chip
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I like the tool kit, but that price.... :frown:

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
any performance mods?

OP
OP
ChipG

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
any performance mods?
Not yet (other than the Gurney flap), but certainly in the future plans. I've had the car about 3 weeks. I'll definitely do suspension mods and some powertrain stuff, but I've not been able to exercise the stock capabilities fully yet.

Sponsored

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
You would think that the strut manufacturer would engineer their kit so that their branding was not upside-down and on both outer parts of each shaft.

OP
OP
ChipG

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
You would think that the strut manufacturer would engineer their kit so that their branding was not upside-down and on both outer parts of each shaft.
or, you know, I could pay attention to the stickers and flip sides :) I haven't decided yet whether to peel them off entirely.

OP
OP
ChipG

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
Ok, flipped sides and got the logos right when I got under the hood to put my JLT master cylinder cover on. Went ahead and removed the hood prop rod as well.

16145514742842866901465835558646.jpg

1614551528846283035930646629377.jpg
Sponsored