Sponsored

More Ridiculous Used Mustang Prices (and a few Corvettes)

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Dam why is that 16 Premium GT going for $46,550 ?

Only 11k miles but Geez :party:

Mine only has $25k. Always tempted to sell but then I think - Its kinda like the end of the world now and these things may never come back and at least I have one :ontheloo:
Yup, that's nuts.

I'd sell the car in my sig with 21k miles and $20k worth of mods for less!
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
It may be a geographic thing with Ford Credit, but here you can get 0% for up to 38 months, 1.9% up to 60, 2.9% up to 72 and 3.9% for 84 (none of these apply to Mach 1/GT500), but those rates are still very attractive compared to standard used car rates of 8%

The interest rate on new vs used, financing $40,000 for either, the new car is $112 per month less. (both at 60 months)
Who is paying 8% on a used car? You would have to have bad credit to receive that rate. It's easy to get low 2% rates on used cars at 60 months.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Who is paying 8% on a used car? You would have to have bad credit to receive that rate. It's easy to get low 2% rates on used cars at 60 months.
That's FMC's standard non-incentive rate for new vehicles...I haven't shopped used in a long time, so I am just going by the difference of what they offer incentive wise vs their "standard"

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Bought my 2016 Premium 2 years ago for $24,900.00 with 19K on it.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
$1,000-$1,500 off is a joke. Especially when they'll add in some "doc fees" to make most of that right back up.

I got 7K off my car.

What dealership is discounting from sticker?
You asked to see who is selling below sticker. I showed there are plenty. You didn't say how much below sticker.

Even at the price they list, I think the GT is a hook. That price will change when you try to buy it.

The Ecoboost seem to be the only ones with real discounts.

I am glad I am not looking. I bought mine before things got nuts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Depends on what trim and options it has on it. A base GT may only have 2k of mark up on invoice. Volume dealers will typically sell at invoice to try and and hit the volume discount tiers which are usually really good and a very closely guarded secret.
None of this is happening right now. Most Mustangs are going for sticker, or slightly below at the moment.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
You guys think these prices will hold for much longer? I wanna get rid of my 19 GT and get a beater but waiting a few months cause nobody wants to buy a muscle car when there's snow on the road.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You guys think these prices will hold for much longer? I wanna get rid of my 19 GT and get a beater but waiting a few months cause nobody wants to buy a muscle car when there's snow on the road.
1646316354304.png

Well, here's mine.

Seriously, I think sooner better than later. Why? Because nobody really knows. Get online and start making inquiries. Track them week to week. You'll notice when the prices start to change, up or down.

Sponsored

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
None of this is happening right now. Most Mustangs are going for sticker, or slightly below at the moment.
As I said I'm not speaking out of my ass. I just purchased a 2021 last week and got $1800 off sticker and every GT they had on their lot was about the same discount. Volume dealers are still discounting because of back side deals where they get money back for selling a certain # of vehicles. Yes your local mom and pop dealer who will never sell enough to get those discounts are selling at sticker or some dealers I've seen here in Texas are adding $2500 to the sticker or they add packages like paint protection for $5k or anti theft insurance for $3k which is I see I walk away.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
As I said I'm not speaking out of my ass. I just purchased a 2021 last week and got $1800 off sticker and every GT they had on their lot was about the same discount. Volume dealers are still discounting because of back side deals where they get money back for selling a certain # of vehicles. Yes your local mom and pop dealer who will never sell enough to get those discounts are selling at sticker or some dealers I've seen here in Texas are adding $2500 to the sticker or they add packages like paint protection for $5k or anti theft insurance for $3k which is I see I walk away.
I understand that.

As I posted earlier, $1,800 off sticker (any "doc fees" in that?) isn't much of a good deal. I got $7,000 off before this whole non-sense started with COVID and chips and such.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I understand that.

As I posted earlier, $1,800 off sticker (any "doc fees" in that?) isn't much of a good deal. I got $7,000 off before this whole non-sense started with COVID and chips and such.
I'm not doubting your deal it's just not a normal one for a mustang. The only way I'm thinking you got that much off is if it was end of model year and there were Hella incentives. I used to work at a Ford dealer and A-plan pricing is not even that much off on a mustang. There's only about 2k-3k mark up on a mustang unless you're into mach 1 or Shelby territory.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm not doubting your deal it's just not a normal one for a mustang. The only way I'm thinking you got that much off is if it was end of model year and there were Hella incentives. I used to work at a Ford dealer and A-plan pricing is not even that much off on a mustang. There's only about 2k-3k mark up on a mustang unless you're into mach 1 or Shelby territory.
Here in this area, are two competing large-volume dealers. The prices (were) amazing.

Now they suck.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have a 12 SuperDuty I need to sell. I'm in Myrtle for a few more weeks, I may have to make a trip to beach ford to see what they would buy it for. Was going to wait until I got back to Michigan.
Sponsored