Sponsored

More facts about the Mach 1

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If this has been posted, Mods, please delete thread.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/features...ach-1-pushes-the-non-shelby-s550-to-its-peak/

Had not read anything about part of the steering column coming from the GT500. Apparently to help with feel and tramlining.

Shared Hardware
While the 2021 Mustang Mach 1 is more than the sum of its parts, it does draw from the robust Mustang engineering performed over the past six model years. The parts were carefully plucked from various models, then calibrated via the EPAS, MagneRide, and other electronic controls to arrive at a cohesive performance machine. To get there, engineers selected this hardware:

Performance Pack Level 2

• Brake Booster

• Brembo six-piston front brakes

Shelby GT350

• Intake manifold

• Oil filter adapter

• Engine oil cooler system

• TREMEC 3160 six-speed manual

• Incandescent park/turn lamps

• Front subframe and rear subframe with stiffer bushings

• Tire fitment (Handling Package only)

Shelby GT500

• Rear axle cooling system

• Rear toe-link

• Rear tire spats and lower diffuser

• Splined intermediate steering shaft

• Swing spoiler in low-gloss Magnetic with adjustable Gurney flap (Handling Package only)
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP

https://www.fordmuscle.com/features...ach-1-pushes-the-non-shelby-s550-to-its-peak/

Had not read anything about part of the steering column coming from the GT500. Apparently to help with feel and tramlining.

Shared Hardware
While the 2021 Mustang Mach 1 is more than the sum of its parts, it does draw from the robust Mustang engineering performed over the past six model years. The parts were carefully plucked from various models, then calibrated via the EPAS, MagneRide, and other electronic controls to arrive at a cohesive performance machine. To get there, engineers selected this hardware:

Performance Pack Level 2

• Brake Booster

Shelby GT350

• Intake manifold

• Oil filter adapter

Shelby GT500

• Rear toe-link

• Swing spoiler in low-gloss Magnetic with adjustable Gurney flap (Handling Package only)
Thanks for sharing!

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Thanks for sharing!
This is exactly why I chose the Mach 1... I had the Shelby bug but in the end that car was to "high strung', amazing no doubt, but 'high strung'... The Mach 1 takes much of the best of those great cars and incorporates them into the 5.0 platform which has proven to be stable and reliable. The best of both worlds!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good post OP.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
a rear subframe with stiffer bushings and a rear toe-link from Shelby GT500.
This is from the press release. But it could be misleading with only the rear toe-link from GT500.

This article also says front and rear subframe with stiffer bushings is from GT350.

Edit: Chief engineer says in this video that rear subframe is from GT350 and rear toe-links from GT500.

Last edited:

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This is from the press release. But it could be misleading with only the rear toe-link from GT500.

This article also says front and rear subframe with stiffer bushings is from GT350.

Edit: Chief engineer says in this video that rear subframe is from GT350 and rear toe-links from GT500.
Isn't it a shame that there a/v people don't know about shielding the mikes from the wind. They kind of ruined what otherwise would be a great informational video. I bet someone with the appropriate software could clean that up...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a difference between the manual and auto differential? They both say torsen.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Automatic has Torsen 3.55 gears, manual has 3.73 gears, same as GT PP1 according to the Ford infographic.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Shared Hardware

Performance Pack Level 2

• Brake Booster

Shelby GT350

• Intake manifold

• Oil filter adapter

Shelby GT500

• Rear toe-link

It's exactly the items on that list that would put the Mach 1 on my short list if I was looking to buy today. Handling Package for sure.

Norm

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This is exactly why I chose the Mach 1... I had the Shelby bug but in the end that car was to "high strung', amazing no doubt, but 'high strung'... The Mach 1 takes much of the best of those great cars and incorporates them into the 5.0 platform which has proven to be stable and reliable. The best of both worlds!
High strung?

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
High strung?
My reference to the opinion of the Shelby American Shop in our city that the 350 performs best in the higher RPM ranges that the Voodoo possesses. On the open road or a track it is an amazing car to drive but in their opinion, not as much fun between streetlights on busy or crowded city streets... I used the 'high strung' characterization to mean that high RPM operating power band of the Voodoo.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote3 has 'good' power from 2500 (I'd argue 3000)RPM whereas the GT350 really needs to be solidly north of 4000 for the good vibrations. Around town driving (<4000) the GT350 feels soft when you drive them back to back.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
My reference to the opinion of the Shelby American Shop in our city that the 350 performs best in the higher RPM ranges that the Voodoo possesses. On the open road or a track it is an amazing car to drive but in their opinion, not as much fun between streetlights on busy or crowded city streets... I used the 'high strung' characterization to mean that high RPM operating power band of the Voodoo.
understood, but that’s what they make gears for. Lol.

I can truly appreciate your stance, though, as I was at a car show yesterday evening and a fellow GT350 owner was there with his freshly-blown Hennessy supercharged 350.

He informed me that his Ford dealer sold the GT500 he wanted just a few hours before he got there, yet they had a 350 so he asked them to give him a good deal on it since he was going to supercharge it... and, $24k and weeks later, he had his blown 350.

That owner further asserted that the 350 was “limp” prior to the SC, but perfect after. I wanted to ask him why he didn’t just go to another Ford dealer and get what he wanted but, after I saw his Porsche he also brought to the show and how both the 350 and the GT3 looked rode hard and put up wet, I figured asking was a waste of breathe.

The Mach 1 is a sweet ride. I am excited to keep seeing the great reviews.
Sponsored

Last edited: