More 2020 GT500s delivered!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Did you see that you went from convoy to rail, will that change things? And yes the car is a whole lot of sweetness that I can't wait to check out. Memo to Dunk812
Yes I saw it’s now passing in transit so it passed a station. I would think it would come rail to Baltimore and truck over from there.
Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
To all the people that have their car at home check your battery covers. Mine was missing all 3 black plastic rivets that hold the cover in place, so check yours for open holes. I found one on line this morning, he had no idea they were not installed. I do QC for a living so I rarely miss shit.
598645711.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I found some notes in a Ford manual that covers post production and transportation, be it rail or convoy. In it Ford dictates how long a car can sit before the battery must be charged up. This is what drives me nuts about my own car. You have multiple individuals in contact with the car. It's cold and they are in a hurry. So if they do anything to your car they really don't give a shit. I strongly suspect your car rolled off the line with all the pins in place.

At least you have your car...

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I found some notes in a Ford manual that covers post production and transportation, be it rail or convoy. In it Ford dictates how long a car can sit before the battery must be charged up. This is what drives me nuts about my own car. You have multiple individuals in contact with the car. It's cold and they are in a hurry. So if they do anything to your car they really don't give a shit. I strongly suspect your car rolled off the line with all the pins in place.

At least you have your car...
But that is not a picture of my car, that is another members.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not going by the picture. What I wrote has to do with procedures in place when a given vehicle sits for a certain amount of time.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm not going by the picture. What I wrote has to do with procedures in place when a given vehicle sits for a certain amount of time.
I understand what you said about what you read, could be the explanation to my issue. I am just telling people to look at their cars, you don't want anything loose under that hood.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cover can't go anywhere even with the pins missing. It is the same one used on the GT350 and I went through the same thing. I forget what the push pin part number is but its a good idea to keep a bag of extras in the glovebox.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The cover can't go anywhere even with the pins missing. It is the same one used on the GT350 and I went through the same thing. I forget what the push pin part number is but its a good idea to keep a bag of extras in the glovebox.
The Dealer ordered more so I can get the number from there, thanks.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bag of them from my my last car (dropped them down inside the engine compartment :headbang:), but all 3 of mine were there on my 500 when I got it. I agree with epiphany, they were most likely there when it left the assembly line, somebody opened the cover due to a dead battery and they never went back on.

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
With all I see about the pins I agree with you that they were installed at assembly,but as with what you orginally said, about all the hands touching our cars.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 16 GT mustang and the pins were missing, I use tie wire now. Easier to open. 3 years & I just bought a new battery.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

What’s going on with the g forces at 13.43?????????
6043B96C-971F-447B-A6C8-59B770031114.png
Sponsored