Sponsored

Mods (hp+)that won’t void warranty?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So the Borla exhaust is quieter than stock?
i think total decibel is the same, or possibly louder. ive never heard it from outside the car but others have told me how loud it is. WHat im saying in general, is that the header/decatted+ oem rear, is LOUD, but also not refined, its just LOUD. Once I did the Borla, it seemed to fine tune the exhaust note into something much more special
Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I'll give you an idea. Maybe this is common knowledge for some, but it belongs in here.

Say you have 18" wheels, 3.55 gears and an MT, a common GT setup, the cheapest in fact. You are debating a gear swap or a Power Pack. Your tires are also probably worn down. Maybe you also are even considering a wheel swap.

Sure gears workand so does the PP but you could spend thousands.

If you simply replaced the stock 235/50R18 tires with shorter 245/40R18 tires, a nice option on the same rims, and this size is widely available, your new effective gear ratio will now be 3.77:1. And you also get the benefits of a shorter sidewall. You do lose some contact patch. You also lose 3/4 inch of ground clearance.

The PP2 employs a similar trick. The PP1 rear is a 275/40R19 and has 3.73 gears. But with 305/30R19 on the back of the PP2, a 3.73 feels like a 3.90 or so.

I think my math is okay.