Sponsored

Modifications on my 18 EB PP - Where to go next?

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Guys,

Below is the list of my modifications -

CP-e Race Intercooler
NGK Step Colder Sparkplugs
CP-e Cold Air Intake
CP-e Catless Downpipe
CP-e Catback exhaust
Cobb AP
CP-e custom tune

(Still haven't installed my UPR DVCC yet)

But anyways, my birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting myself some more hp without having to build the engine out. Really from what I understand my only option is to upgrade my turbo and fuel system but without a built engine that will only give me 30 or so hp safely. I am putting down areound 350 to the wheels now.

Are there any mods that I can do like upgrading my turbo internals from VTT to get the same result for cheaper, or alternatively anything that I can do to push over 400 to the wheels without having to build the whole engine?

Growing a little restless and wanted to change something in my setup.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Guys,

Below is the list of my modifications -

CP-e Race Intercooler
NGK Step Colder Sparkplugs
CP-e Cold Air Intake
CP-e Catless Downpipe
CP-e Catback exhaust
Cobb AP
CP-e custom tune

(Still haven't installed my UPR DVCC yet)

But anyways, my birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting myself some more hp without having to build the engine out. Really from what I understand my only option is to upgrade my turbo and fuel system but without a built engine that will only give me 30 or so hp safely. I am putting down areound 350 to the wheels now.

Are there any mods that I can do like upgrading my turbo internals from VTT to get the same result for cheaper, or alternatively anything that I can do to push over 400 to the wheels without having to build the whole engine?

Growing a little restless and wanted to change something in my setup.
Are you on e85?

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
II am not yet - but thanks for reminding me - a tune for E85 from CP-e will run me only about $70. The problem with that is, however, that there are very few E85 statins here in MD and none of them are a convenient drive for me 1 and 2 the fact that you have to monitor the mixture and take a lot of extra care with using E85 from what I was explained. But feel free to educate me a little on the topic because I might do E85 station weekend drives if it proves worthwile.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
II am not yet - but thanks for reminding me - a tune for E85 from CP-e will run me only about $70. The problem with that is, however, that there are very few E85 statins here in MD and none of them are a convenient drive for me 1 and 2 the fact that you have to monitor the mixture and take a lot of extra care with using E85 from what I was explained. But feel free to educate me a little on the topic because I might do E85 station weekend drives if it proves worthwile.
It would provide a nice boost in power, but you need supporting upgrades for it. In all honesty, going e85 would be just as expensive as a turbo upgrade. The reason being you need an auxiliary fuel system(port injection) kit. $$$$

mainian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB PP
I may be missing something here, but a flex-fuel car has an ECU that can take input from an ethanol content reader, and adjust timings based on the ethanol content. To do something like this, you'd have to get a new ECU, an ethanol content sensor, and an E85 tune. The ECU would then 'under-tune' based on ethanol content, this effectively handles changes in octane rating.

These cars don't have an ECU that supports an ethanol sensor, so instead you'd manually switch your tunes. There is a "Fuel-It" Bluetooth module reads data from your ethanol sensor and sends it your phone, but it's in your car already, so I guess you'd change your tune if your ethanol content wasn't high enough? To be honest, I'm not sure what the best approach would be in this situation.

There is also a NX2 drop in turbo which works with your current modifications, it costs a lot more, but you wouldn't have to worry about E85 availability. 400 WHP is considered max for the stock engine, either of these modifications would push to that limit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why I was considering paying a company VTT to upgrade my turbo internals

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when we talk about beefing up the stock block - what needs to be done/ how much money are we talking about approximately?

mainian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB PP
OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so essentially - the only choice is to throw it away and buy from either adam or someone else who makes a closed deck block from the st with eb 2.3 heads reinforced already

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone look into just a cylinder support system?

Sponsored

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
anyone look into just a cylinder support system?
I'm currently building my own short block and started a detailed thread that touches this idea. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-w-2-0-fusion-shortblock.121209/#post-2530604
I initially looked at throwing some darton sleeves into the 2.3 block, but there is still the external area between cylinders 2/3 that is thin and prone to cracking.
CSS tries to address both these issues to the tune of $635. Just don't know why you'd go through the trouble when a 2.0 block is an easy switch

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Have you given any thought to suspension? It can make as much of a difference as all of the mods you have now, just in different ways. It seems like your willing to drop some serious money, why not just get a bunch of suspension mods? You can have a killer setup for about 2 to 3 grand.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
GFB DV+ diverter valve is easy and not expensive.

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you given any thought to suspension? It can make as much of a difference as all of the mods you have now, just in different ways. It seems like your willing to drop some serious money, why not just get a bunch of suspension mods? You can have a killer setup for about 2 to 3 grand.
I was actually thinking lightweight rims - unsprung mass and all that stuff
Sponsored