Sponsored

Modding in Germany (TÜV)

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
It has been said that, the "only thing you can mod in Germany is the paint." Heard that one more than once.

Everything else has to go to TÜV. If a part does not has prior approval, you can't legally put in on the car. i.e.. no ABE (Just about every part made in the USA.)

Example...rear spoiler. I have only found 1 so far that has been geTÜVt. Getting one self approved costs a lot of money.

There are wheels of course, some are waiting approval. KW springs are approved. Eibach has some items approved already. Not much else really.

Anyway...this thread is for those of you wishing to share your modding experience and ideas and help the rest of us out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah it's really difficult over here. But there are ways to mod the things you want legally, at least for some parts. I switched the sidemarker lights to white ones, just look which have a E-Prüfzeichen so you can install them legally.

I also switched the yellow DRL against Osram LED Foglight/DRLs, so it's looking much better now. In september I get the Tribars back on legally. Too bad they are illegal as DRLs, but as sidemarkers you can use them without trouble (there's no visual difference as which you use them) - Only downside is you have so switch them on manually by putting the lightswitch to sidemarker light.

I'm waiting for a good looking rearspoiler too, but atm there's just the one ugly thing with ABE. Guess we just have to wait until more companies are producing TÜV-approved Mustang parts

Are you on mustang6.de?

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
You mean this thing??? Not on my Ecoboost.
35243567_15-16_Heckspoiler_3_285x255.jpg

Have visited that site. I think my son is a member. I am not, at least not yet.
Sponsored