Sponsored

Mod friendly dealers in St. Pete area.

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone know of any mod friendly dealers in the St. Pete area? My GT, automatic, makes a clunking noise when I shift into Reverse. Usually worse on a cold start. I have a Steeda intake, tune and Gibson catback which I'm sure is not the contributing factor to the clunking sound. But I'd prefer to take it to a dealer that was mod friendly. I was thinking about taking it to Sarasota Ford since I believe they have sold Procharged Mustangs previously and I think they even have a Mustang with Steeda bolt-ons on their lot currently. I live near Bradenton, so it's fairly close too. Anyone have any input?
Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've heard Bill Currie in Tampa is a Steeda parts authorized dealer, might be worth a try.

OP
OP

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks! I just looked it up on Steeda's website and you are correct. It's a little further, but may be worth the drive.

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Brandon ford sells modified cars. They might be mod friendly

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Reviving a thread from the past because of search but curious if any updates on this question. Looking for a place to call my Ford home. Thanks!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I'd suggest joining the Pony Up! group on Facebook and asking on there. Lots of those guys have been around forever and work and local Ford dealers.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I'd suggest joining the Pony Up! group on Facebook and asking on there. Lots of those guys have been around forever and work and local Ford dealers.
Yeah I joined another group couple days ago. Can't get to FB from work of course. I will hit them up later when I get home. Thanks for reply!

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Yeah I joined another group couple days ago. Can't get to FB from work of course. I will hit them up later when I get home. Thanks for reply!
Good to know.. I just moved to Tampa (Wesley Chapel) area and just bought my 16 GT a few months ago, so I will be seeking out shops to do installs.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Good to know.. I just moved to Tampa (Wesley Chapel) area and just bought my 16 GT a few months ago, so I will be seeking out shops to do installs.
Awesome! Hope to see you around if you join or go to Mustang meetups.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Bill Currie ford is a dealer but they may not be the best shop to go to for Mods. Sarasota Ford installs mods on new cars and then sells them from the showroom. They have a speed shop as part of their operations. I would call their service advisors and get some info.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Bill Currie ford is a dealer but they may not be the best shop to go to for Mods. Sarasota Ford installs mods on new cars and then sells them from the showroom. They have a speed shop as part of their operations. I would call their service advisors and get some info.
Not for install of mods but if I get my exhaust and non tune intake, don't want them to point at them as fault. Exhaust I cannot see any issues, intake meh maybe fine without tune, with tune they will point it out as fault if engine troubles.

I had a 97 GT back in 1998 - 2004ish which had offroad H, flows, intake, tb, intake port polish, etc and Brandon Ford was okay with replacing my auto transmission with it was slipping pretty badly. That was 10 years ago so not sure how dealerships are in Tampa now.

I had a 2004 GT (never had issues so I never took it in to Ford for warranty work) & 2005 G35 previously. Now this 16 GT so just testing and looking around for a place. :ninja:
Sponsored