Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
MMR's Block / Bellhousing Braces help prevent common cracking of the engine block and or bellhousing on GT350 and GT350R Applications due to vibration and harmonics.

If your reading this, the chance of your block already being cracked is possible! Not to worry, the MMR Block braces will help prevent further damage to the block and transmission. If your block has not started to crack this will help prevent it!

The MMR Braces are a easy bolt on and connect the unsupported lower section of the left and right side of the bellhousing directly to the block, just like the 2020+ GT500.

Dont let this failure ruin your vehicles value due to non matching transmission and engine block #'s - this is cheap and easy insurance!!

Highly recommended for all Street, Drag and Race Applications - even if 100% stock!!

Order here: https://www.modularmotorsportsracin...n_page=product_info&cPath=44&products_id=1486

777442_.jpg

777442_001.jpg

PATENT PENDING

Features:

Easy bolt on (Most can complete in 15-20min, car needs to be raised on jack stands for installation)

Billet Aluminum Construction

Black Anodized for Corrosion Resistance

Hardware Included

Protects your vehicles Value

IMG_3421.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Interesting idea. My block actually has this crack.

Do you have any engineering analysis showing how this redirects stress away from the areas prone to cracking?

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Hey Kevin! We saw the build you were doing, we are actually in the middle of an almost identical project, I will send you some shots of the car in your PM.

In regards to your questions, the braces triangulate the lower portion in a simple manner that greatly increases strength, so no further analysis really needed. In some ways we borrowed from the GT500 which attached the oil pan to the lower section of the bellhousing. This product does the same exact thing. The pic below shows one of the prototypes installed to give you an idea of how they work. Lastly, for those that are unfamiliar with the GT350 oil pan, our product does not bolt to any plastic parts of the pan, it bolts to the steel inserts that go through the pan and contact the block, so this part does not place ANY stress on the pan whatsoever.

777442_002.jpg

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Interesting idea. My block actually has this crack.

Do you have any engineering analysis showing how this redirects stress away from the areas prone to cracking?
Or any long-term tests at all that prove this prevents any issue? Or any statistics on how many blocks (especially street driven cars) have this crack? I've just not heard of this but 1-2 times and 1 was extreme use ^^. How do you know that this modification doesn't cause a failure in a different area? How many have sold?

Sorry for all the questions - but..simply need more data. Feels like scare tactic sales without it.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
The fact that MMR, Multimatic, Kohr Motorsports and Ford (with the 2020+GT500) have all addressed this issue in some form or another is good indication that the problem is not a scare tactic. People said our Billet Crank gears were a scare Tactic when MMR introduced them over 10 years ago. Unfortunately the problem is real and MMR has spent extensive time testing the new braces. There is no crazy design at work here, just simple triangulation of the engine to Transmission mount. By moving the load to the oil pan rail on the block we have added considerable bracing to the unsupported portion of the transmission.

In regards to it being a common problem, it is VERY common, we are constantly receiving pictures from owners with the cracks, here is one sent to us just a few days ago from a 6G Forum member:

Broken block.jpeg

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Bad impressions can last a lifetime and based on an experience I had with you guys some 15 years ago, my impression is that you sell some things without a lot of testing. (big bore motor that you supposedly had built dozens of, but that was not the case).

The question here is; has it been quantified? Do you have say 50...or even 10 of these running around on cars and have since inspected those cars to determine they did not crack? Do you have a benchmark of the percentage of cars that actually do develop this crack?

Sorry if this seems shitty of me - I just think that a part like this deserves some reasonable scrutiny. The aftermarket is full of parts that only exist because they fit between point A and B - that might have flown in 1995 issues of MM&FF magazine but less so, today.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The fact that MMR, Multimatic, Kohr Motorsports and Ford (with the 2020+GT500) have all addressed this issue in some form or another is good indication that the problem is not a scare tactic.
How did Kohr or Multimatic specifically address the issue?

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
How did Kohr or Multimatic specifically address the issue?
Similar Method, using a Billet Alluminum Bracket to triangulate the engine block and transmission. Since theirs was designed for a dry sump oil pan however, they would not work on Factory style oil pans. These Companies created this "fix" to specifically address the cracking bellhousings and blocks in the GT4 Mustang Program.

See pic below:

IMG_4134.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
The question here is; has it been quantified? Do you have say 50...or even 10 of these running around on cars and have since inspected those cars to determine they did not crack? Do you have a benchmark of the percentage of cars that actually do develop this crack?

Sorry if this seems shitty of me - I just think that a part like this deserves some reasonable scrutiny. The aftermarket is full of parts that only exist because they fit between point A and B - that might have flown in 1995 issues of MM&FF magazine but less so, today.
From what we gather from your message above, you agree and do not debate that the problem exists but question whether adding a brace to the unsupported section of the transmission would help prevent cracking and if it has been tested - The simple answer is Yes, it would be fair to say that MMR, Kohr, and Ford have gone about addressing the issue in different methods.

Ford Casted a new oil pan on the GT500 and attached it directly to the bottom of the bellhousing, we would assume their engineers came to the same conclusion as we did, and that is that triangulating/bracing this area prevents cracks and had ample testing to prove this.

Kohr Motorsports created a bolt on brace, shown below, and again we assume that they also agreed that a brace works and that is why they continue to offer it to their GT4 customers.

Similarly, MMR created a bolt on brace, and has tested not only this one but other version for many years, MMR's Nasa TT Drivers (5 of them) have all been running and testing the brace. Our testing has shown to have eliminated our broken bellhousing and block problems that we have been suffering. A recent test was quite interesting in the fact that we had a block that was cracking, this block based on the size of the crack would have only lasted a few more TT events prior to the ear of the block breaking off (which has been a common problem for us and many other racers), we added the braces in hopes of making a few more events before having to replace the block and our recent inspection showed the crack had not propagated, further showing the braces value.

At the end of the day this is simple triangulation of an unsupported part, it is easy to see why the cracks occur and why this brace and those designed by Ford and Kohr all address the problem.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry - observing others parts and pooling together assumptions of what other engineers intent was, is not engineering, or testing. You state that the GT500 pan was a fix to the same problem...but originally, you clearly stated that everyone with GT350s should be terrified this will happen to their engines specifically due to vibration and harmonics.

You can talk it around in circles if you want but I think this is silly...and not that I have proof that something doesn't work (maybe it will??) - I just recognize when someone else doesn't have proof that it will.

PS - I realized you're a sponsor..and out of respect for that, I'll stop here. I'll just say I think you can do better, get some people to test it, report back...or if you have actually done this, post it up - very valuable.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Subscribed

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Have mine. Cant wait to install them

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
MMR's Block / Bellhousing Braces help prevent common cracking of the engine block and or bellhousing on GT350 and GT350R Applications due to vibration and harmonics.

If your reading this, the chance of your block already being cracked is possible! Not to worry, the MMR Block braces will help prevent further damage to the block and transmission. If your block has not started to crack this will help prevent it!

The MMR Braces are a easy bolt on and connect the unsupported lower section of the left and right side of the bellhousing directly to the block, just like the 2020+ GT500.

Dont let this failure ruin your vehicles value due to non matching transmission and engine block #'s - this is cheap and easy insurance!!

Highly recommended for all Street, Drag and Race Applications - even if 100% stock!!

Order here: https://www.modularmotorsportsracin...n_page=product_info&cPath=44&products_id=1486

777442_.jpg

777442_001.jpg

PATENT PENDING

Features:

Easy bolt on (Most can complete in 15-20min, car needs to be raised on jack stands for installation)

Billet Aluminum Construction

Black Anodized for Corrosion Resistance

Hardware Included

Protects your vehicles Value
I ordered this kit. Enough mechanical experience in the good old oil field that it seemed reasonable to me.

Put the car up on the lift and.... I guess I don't need them!
My 2020 GT350R LR217 already has the block modified, as far as I can tell.
See the attached pics.

I'll donate my kit to my son, who has a 2018 GT350R. He probably doesn't have the new block.
IMG_0514.jpeg
IMG_0515.jpeg

Kirby

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I ordered this kit. Enough mechanical experience in the good old oil field that it seemed reasonable to me.

Put the car up on the lift and.... I guess I don't need them!
My 2020 GT350R LR217 already has the block modified, as far as I can tell.
See the attached pics.

I'll donate my kit to my son, who has a 2018 GT350R. He probably doesn't have the new block.
IMG_0514.jpeg
IMG_0515.jpeg

Kirby
That is a stock block and the braces are definitely suggested, the triangle casting is on all of the blocks and is the factory lateral support, the MMR braces are a Horizontal support.
Sponsored