MMR Big Tube CAI is a BEAST!

Chipster67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EB Magnetic PP
I recently purchased the MMR Big Tube CAI, and have to say, very impressed.

I started installing it late last night, and after fighting the night, and my big meat hands in tight spots.. I figuring out the best way to install, and was able to get back to it this AM

The package came in a large box with a smaller box enclosed inside with the CAI. The CAI was shrink wrapped, and although could have been a bit more wrap to protect, fortunately there were no mars or nicks on the tube.
In the box was the K&N Air Filter, thinner then my 05 one, 2 bolts to mount to engine, a black rubber connector tube and a couple hose clamps.

Put the black rubber connector on the Tube first, rather then the other way, was easier to install. The hardest part was to remove the clips from wheel well, and turn the horn so they are vertical. the rest was very easy to install.

As for the first start and drive afterwards, well initially I kept the BOV tube removed to see what the sound was like. I wasn't a fan, so turned around, and attached it.

I then took it for a true test run... Wow was I impressed. The first thing I noticed was the sound of the air being sucked in from the CAI tube. As well when I let off the gas, the BOV pushing air in to the CAI, which I never noticed on stock air box.

The second and most shocking thing noticed was the performance. I have no other mods on the car, this was my first and I'm glad I did it. In the past when I would hit the gas from a stop, sure I would get off the line fast, and on occasion the tires would slightly chirp.

Well today, as I was on the test drive, I was taking a corner, and gave it some gas where the rear end fishtailed.. I was like HOLY SH*T, I've taken that corner and many other turns like it the same way, and never had the rear end come around. So I had to do the test from a stop. So got to a stop sign, put the car in "S" and floored it.. I must have had rear wheel hop for a good 30 yards or more, then it grabbed and took off.. I then took the next curve this time trying to fishtail it, and very little gas made that happen so it wasn't anything on the road LMAO...

So I know the CAI is one of those disputed add-on's, whether you get performance, but from my ass in the seat perspective, it added power, no doubt.

If anyone is looking for a great looking, sounding, and easily installed, CAI , then MMR Big Tube has to be a choice. Well worth the cost, and would have easily been worth it at full price as well.

Chip
Sponsored