MMD quarter window louvers install and impressions

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Be interesting to see it in Gloss Black or at least the interior vents Gloss Black with the border matte.
Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Small update: the tail end of one of the louvers became detached after a day or so, the 3M tape just let go. I spent some time keeping pressure on it to re-seat it, and so far it has held for a couple of days.

It does have a slight "spring" that pulls the tail end away from the glass a bit. Just saying it's good to check up on it after the install and make sure it's OK.

OP
OP
suckerv

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Small update: the tail end of one of the louvers became detached after a day or so, the 3M tape just let go. I spent some time keeping pressure on it to re-seat it, and so far it has held for a couple of days.

It does have a slight "spring" that pulls the tail end away from the glass a bit. Just saying it's good to check up on it after the install and make sure it's OK.
I'll def keep an eye on mine. I haven't had any issues with it since I installed it, but I'm always paranoid about that stuff, lol

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I'm not really into the window louver look, but seeing both of your cars is starting to change my mind. Two different styles with the black vs blue and they both look SICK!

OP
OP
suckerv

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
I'm not really into the window louver look, but seeing both of your cars is starting to change my mind. Two different styles with the black vs blue and they both look SICK!
I feel you, man. I was n the same boat until I actually saw them on a car. Thanks! :cheers: :thumbsup:

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Why not go all out and get the rear louvers as well? There are several to choose from in the aftermarket. Also the rear quarter panel scoops like the old Shelby's had. (And Eleanor)

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Why not go all out and get the rear louvers as well? There are several to choose from in the aftermarket. Also the rear quarter panel scoops like the old Shelby's had. (And Eleanor)
For me personally it's because I already have a 71 Mach 1 with louvers, and was going for a different look. I also think those rear louvers look better on the old models vs new.
dent-71-mach1-graphic.jpg

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
wow, if i had a fastback, i'd honestly consider those!

Sean006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem

I had the same issue with my rouse qtr scoops
I took them off then took of all the 3m tape that came on it
Went to lowes got the outdoor 3m tape and reapplied to the scoops.

A month later no issues at all. On pretty secure

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I got the paint matched MMD louvers today, I am beyond impressed. They fit like a factory part, and the paint is identical to my deep impact blue.
That looks really good. I think the color coded looks better. :thumbsup:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was leaning towards the MMD Foose louvers, but now you guys have me considering the regular MMDs also.

MMD / Foose:

MMD / non-Foose:
Thanks for those images.

The first image, the MMD Foose, that is kind of what I am referring to - see how that design overlaps the black rubber trim more so than the regular MMD louvers? I hope MMD would eventually revise the regular louver design to incorporate an overlay to hide more of the black trim from the 1/4 window. :D

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Are these still being sold? I can't find them on American Muscle.

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
[MENTION=15139]AMWill[/MENTION]

I was actually wondering the same thing. There were taking off the site a few weeks ago.
Sponsored