suckerv

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Did you use some hdr on the camera? It is looking awefully good there
Well thanks! But no, I didn't use HDR on it, though that is something I like to use with cars quite often
Sponsored

datamon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecoboost
Thanks man! The pony is a Stanginator from Erik Stevens. There should be a thread that you can search for with his contact info. It's a high quality piece of art.
Contacted Erik and he does have some DIB Stanginators available. Sent my order in this morning. Thanks for your help with this!

OP
OP
suckerv

suckerv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contacted Erik and he does have some DIB Stanginators available. Sent my order in this morning. Thanks for your help with this!
Awesome, good to know he's still making them! :cheers:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Those MMD side slats look great!

Questions:

1) Do you notice any additional wind noise or other noise while driving?

2) Do they flex at all while driving, like is there any possibility of them coming loose and coming off?

3) How is it when washing the car - is there a lot of water that gets tapped inside of them or like a constant "drizzle" of water down the 1/4 panel after a wash, even after drying?

4) Can you post some pics from the inside?

OP
OP
suckerv

suckerv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Questions:

2) Do they flex at all while driving, like is there any possibility of them coming loose and coming off?

3) How is it when washing the car - is there a lot of water that gets tapped inside of them or like a constant "drizzle" of water down the 1/4 panel after a wash, even after drying?

1) Nothing at all. Haven't taken the car beyond local road speed yet, but nothing out of the ordinary so far

2) I can't tell if they're flexing while I'm driving, but those bitches are on there VERY solid. They are not coming off.....not without taking the glass with it, lol. In all seriousness, they are really on there.

3) I live in CA where Precrime will storm my house if I even think about turning on the hose, so I've done Optimum no-rinse washes since the day I got her. On an related note, Optimum works really really well.

4) Yes I can. I'll get you some shots tomorrow

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I got the paint matched MMD louvers today, I am beyond impressed. They fit like a factory part, and the paint is identical to my deep impact blue.
2015-driver-angle.jpg
2015-louver-driver-side.jpg
2015-louver-close.jpg
2015-louver-inside.jpg

OP
OP
suckerv

suckerv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the paint matched MMD louvers today, I am beyond impressed. They fit like a factory part, and the paint is identical to my deep impact blue.
That looks really, REALLY fucking good!

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Questions:

Not at all.

Did not notice this, and highly doubt it as 3M is ridiculously strong.

Will know more on Saturday, I made sure that the top of the louver fit just under the rubber surround, hoping it would help water just run over it rather than through it.

I just did in the post above.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, these guys NAILED this thing. It's so low profile also, doesn't poke out from the natural lines!

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and HELLO your ride fuggin' rocks! Love the black, considered it for a bit but had to do the match on mine...

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Questions:

This was my concern with the design exactly. I bought the Roush 1/4 window louvers for my 2010 Mustang that were very similar to these with the open louvers. Every time I washed the car, water would get trapped inside and would drip down the 1/4 panel for 1-2 hours after I dried the car leaving water streaks. I would even try slowly squeezing a rag through the little openings trying to absorb any water with no luck. For that reason alone, I hated them. I sure hope that doesn't happen with these for you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Awesome images - thanks for the replies from all, answered the questions perfectly!

IMO, MMD nailed the design, because if you look at a classic 65-66 fastback, the original 65-66 louver design was physically the same in the sense of how the louvers were angled on the vehicle. If you look at some of the S550 competitor's products, their design is either backwards or are just totally different. The MMD design gives the exact "retro" look as to how a modern day example SHOULD look on an S550 when comparing it to a 65-66.

Even if MMD were to improve their current design, I'd like to see a prototype where the piece can also cover the black rubber that surrounds the rear 1/4 window, so that the piece will blend more into the body (kind of how like the 65-66 had no outer "ring" of material outside of the louvers).

datamon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecoboost
I was leaning towards the MMD Foose louvers, but now you guys have me considering the regular MMDs also.

MMD / Foose:
387386?&obj=car&color=22,32,84&gloss=30&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

MMD / non-Foose:
390489?&obj=car&color=22,32,84&gloss=30&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

Last edited:

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Even if MMD were to improve their current design, I'd like to see a prototype where the piece can also cover the black rubber that surrounds the rear 1/4 window, so that the piece will blend more into the body (kind of how like the 65-66 had no outer "ring" of material outside of the louvers).
Having installed these I would guess having a bit of a soft surface on hand to sort of "pull" the louver into makes the most sense. It would likely be very hard to have as flush of a mount directly to the metal body, having to hold it from the glass. I guess they could make it even bigger to have it taped also to the body, but might look kind of goofy and lose the natural lines of the car.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
First bath today and I can report zero continued drip, no fog behind it, all I did was make sure when I sprayed I pointed it with the louver angles and not towards the open areas.

This was the first bath with them installed.
2015-passenger-angle.jpg
2015-rear-spacer-angle.jpg
2015-passenger.jpg
2015-driver-front-angle.jpg
Sponsored